What's new

Match-Up Discussion - Goro Buffs Goro needs so he doesn't lose to the whole cast

Status
Not open for further replies.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
@I GOT HANDS

The Goro/SZ Matchup...

As long as the SZ and Goro players are equal in terms of skill, the Goro player has to work his tail off to stay in striking distance to win at the end. If the SZ uses his head, he can stay relatively clean for the majority of the match.

We know Goro can armor through or air drop around the clone against GM Sub, but that's all he can do. So, as long as GM Sub doesn't try to throw out clones during exchanges, he still has the advantage. GM Sub Zeros have the advantage a long as they use their head. Goro players are still limited in their options here.

BTW - I'm not saying SZ is top tier. I know he's not, but he has the advantage in this matchup across all variations - IMO.
But what can Sub do from behind the Clone? Any attempt at Iceball is fully punishable by Goro's teleport anywhere on screen on reaction, and thats assuming he isn't close enough for punchwalk punish, which is basically everywhere but fullscreen. So this leaves the only option as Clone toss.

Now, looking into this a little deeper, test against a Sub-Zero. Set yourself at full screen from each other (so even assuming max spacing, this is being generous and assuming this is positioning Sub-Zero can constantly achieve). When Sub-Zero clones, run Goro whatever distance you can, on reaction, during the active/recovery animation of the Clone. Completely safe. Now, you are at a range where you can punish his Clone Toss or his Iceball on reaction with EX-Punchwalk, for about 30% possibly more. The exact same story with Iceball btw. And because of Goro's super-armor, a well placed Shatter even with multihits will not break it, and Goro's multihit punch walk will punish it into combo even if YOU armored. Grandmaster does NOT win against Goro at range. He can't Clone in the neutral and he gets no returns for Cloning at range. His corner game is much weaker vs Goro than it is vs most all other characters. Also, Tigrars low projectiles go straight THROUGH clone.

Basically, GM is still a stronger character in MKX obviously, but what makes him good against the rest of the cast is much less relevant against Goro. And your metered moves better returns than Subs metered options. It's much more even than you think.

Using GM Sub against Goro, just use clone like Sorcerer Quan Chi uses his armor stance, as opposed to how SZ players normally use it.

I think even GM Sub still has the advantage in this matchup. Now, Unbreakable Sub, I think is at a disadvantage, but that's just a feeling. I don't have enough experience to really judge that matchup.
You are very wrong about this. Unbreakable in fact is much better against Goro than GM. He can stop ex-Punchwalk with meterless parry and go into combo. That right there is a million times better than anything you can get from the Clone. The aura helps too.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I agree with all these buffs, i hardly use ex shokan grab because they keep low profiling me with d1, with d freaking 1.
his U1/U2 needs to have a better startup, is annoyingly slow, and ppl jump on goro all day, which is stupid

Anseyf

Noob
I'm no Goro main but I play alot against Goro as one of my friends main him. And I have to say this ist the most competent and complete write up how to make him viable. I especially think they should have fixed the bunked hitbox of b12u2 and the whiffing tickthrows with the very first patch. That way maybe more than three people would be still playing him.

U1/U2: Changed to 8 frame start up (down from 14)

This move cannot be used in the neutral game at all, it can only connect on your opponent if they are literally standing right next to you touching you. So buffing this move would really only buff Goro's anti air game, which is absolutely necessary. Goro has some of the worst anti airs in the game right now, the whole cast basically jumps in on him for free and gets free pressure/mixups. This attack is usually only good for stopping crossovers anyways, it doesn't have much of hitbox in front so it doesn't stop people from jumping at you from afar.
Either this or fix the hitbox on his NJP. As I find the U2/U1 much more Goro-like I would also prefer that buff. Although I do think it would indeed also stop JIP but nothing's wrong with that. Jumping in or over someone should inherit a certain risk

Punchwalk: On block there are 3 hits, Goro should be able to cancel at least 2 of them into Shokan Grab.
I agree with that BUT ...

MB punch walk only leads to like 27% lol. If you guess right though and jump the command grab, Goro is eating a full combo from your character which is gonna take more damage for sure, unless your opponent is Goro too. The risk/reward really isn't that crazy for Goro, considering other characters in the game can mix you up for free 30% meterless and if they guess wrong they're safe
Making the normal punchwalk able to cancel into commandthrow I can live with. It would be some dirt but you need dirt to survive in this game. Making the meterburn version able to cancel would be broken. You can't guess that without a shitton of luck and being the best possible option to just block and eat the commandthrow giving Goro ALWAYS free 14% dmg + chip + meter off of anything is kind of a heavy load to swallow. And I do think you know you overextended there a bit when you say something like "you only eat 27% if you don't block"

PS: Maybe I'm missing here something very important but ffs which character exactly has this great mystic safe 50/50 setup that leads to 30% without spending meter? That's no sarcasm I have really the fear of missing something important here as it always comes up in discussions.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
Or maybe you should understand over exaggeration... which is a normal way to be like "its a hella lot"

But thanks for being the specific police, I'll be sure to tag you on to every post that wasn't 100% accurate.
Or you could just not over exaggerate for the sake of people who haven't labbed goro. But hey, where's the fun in that

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
UNIVERSAL
Punchwalk - is an amazing move. (Like King said to cancel in to CG after a certain number of hits - just like Erron Blacks 21122)
Telestomp - (EX Telestomp should launch and track, the only way out is to run. Non EX leave alone.)
Shokan Grab - Does not need to throw the opponent away, leaves them right in front of you. (With the latest buff it doesn't really matter but I would be nice for a okie set up.)
Projectile - Should be a mid since it is SUPER slow.
F3 - Make it 10-13 frames (As it would be the only good advancing Mid he would have.
F21- Faster start up, that string is useless unless you land a JIP.
Remove U1 or U2 - It is the same move and doesn't need to be there 2 times. (Make 8-9 Frames)
D2 - Fix the hit box and make it 9 or 10 frames.
More strings special cancel-able - I would love to see strings like 214 into punchwalk and B121 into Punchwalk.
Make Goro have more Tick Throw setups instead of just B3. (Which is his only low so if you commit to a SG you get punished because it whiffed.)
B3 - please have a sting involving this move, as its -21 or something on block. (Yes you can cancel it to Punchwalk I know)
HitBox on B12U1 - The whiffing on JIP into this string is annoying.

KW Variation
Ground Pound - Should be able to link after strings. (Over 50 frames of start up so it is easy to escape.) EX Ground Pound has faster startup, -10 frames. Kotal Kahn can cancel into his Unblockable so why shouldn't goro be able to.
Chest Lunge - Fine (Give EX a chance to combo when opponent is thrown into the corner.

Tigrar Fury
Fire Breath - Make it so F3 into FlameBreath is a true link. But opponent can armor after FB.
Fire Ball Projectile - Fine - Make EX go Low, Mid, High just like Erron Blacks Rifle shots. Also Give option for Full screen LOW fireball.

Dragon Fangs
Never really gave a though to play so I do not know.

Now, by no means do I think Goro is not viable in tournament play, Goro is a super fun character to play and is one of my most favorite characters to play in MKX, I just think the options are limited compared to the rest of the cast. @Decay is my hero for making it out of Pools with Goro. Please give this man props.

@FOREVER KING - This was my purposed changes I made a while back, I got blown up for saying these but, this is what I think Goro needs.

Last edited:

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
So people have talked about this ever since the game was released, but it hasn't been changed yet. Goro is the worst character in the game by far, he loses to every other character in the game. I honestly can't think of a 5-5 matchup that he has. He loses 7-3 or worse to at least 5 characters (Tanya, Predator, Kung Lao, Kitana, Quan Chi, maybe more) and the buffs that they gave him in the past only benefited the strengths he already had, they never really buffed Goro in the categories he actually needs. I would love for every character in the game to be viable and have a chance of winning a tournament, that's the sign of a good fighting game. It sucks when there are characters that are so bad it's basically impossible to use them in competitive play, so you never get to see them used in tournament. So without further ado, I present my Goro buffs that I believe would make him mid tier or possibly high-mid.

UNIVERSAL

Telestomp: The hitbox on this move needs to be fixed so that it has much more priority

As it is now, people can just neutral jump punch it even if he lands on top of your head. Don't believe me? Take Goro and Quan Chi into training mode, press down up with Goro, then press jump 2 with Quan Chi. Even though Goro lands on top of Quan Chi, Goro will get dunked by the NJP for a full combo and Quan Chi won't be effected by the Telestomp whatsoever. WHAT THE....

B12U2: Fixed hitbox so third hit doesn't whiff all the time

Ok so there are times I hit somebody with a jump in punch, and input B12U2. The first two hits B12 will hit, but then the third hit U2 will whiff. Even on punishes, if my opponent does an unsafe move and I go to punish with this string, the first two hits will work and the last one will whiff. This is unfortunate because B12U2 is Goro's only reliable source of meterless damage, without this string he can only launch opponents for combos with EX punchwalk. The range of the third attack in this string should be increased so that if the first two hits connect, the third one should always connect as well.

This move cannot be used in the neutral game at all, it can only connect on your opponent if they are literally standing right next to you touching you. So buffing this move would really only buff Goro's anti air game, which is absolutely necessary. Goro has some of the worst anti airs in the game right now, the whole cast basically jumps in on him for free and gets free pressure/mixups. This attack is usually only good for stopping crossovers anyways, it doesn't have much of hitbox in front so it doesn't stop people from jumping at you from afar.

D2: Changed to 9 frame start up (down from 11)

Like stated previously, Goro lacks a consistent anti air. U1/U2 is usually only good for stopping crossovers, so D2 needs to be able to stop people jumping at you from the front. Buffing this attack would help against characters like Kung Lao/Sonya/Kung Jin who jump at you from afar with long ranged jump ins, so they don't just get free attempts at pressure/mixups on Goro whenever they please.

Shokan Grab: Needs longer range

As it is, when you do D1 on block canceled into Shokan Grab for the tick throw, sometimes Goro's opponent blocks the D1 but the Shokan Grab whiffs. Not only does Goro miss out on damage and a setup for guessing right, but if the opponent is on point they can whiff punish the Shokan Grab with a full combo. That's no fun. If Goro's tick throws are limited, at least make them work.

Punchwalk: On block there are 3 hits, Goro should be able to cancel at least 2 of them into Shokan Grab.

I know you guys are gonna act like this sounds crazy, but it's really not. It's no different then Erron Black doing 21122 and canceling like 3 different hits of it into his command grab. Goro needs this to be good up close. Goro as a character right now needs to get on his opponent, his full screen options and ranged options all suck. So if you're going to make Goro suck ass at a distance, at least make him scary when he's in your face. His up close game isn't even top 10 in the game, while his ranged game is among the worst. It's so hard for Goro to get in on many characters in this game, he deserves some kind of reward for when he finally gets in. Think about it; if you guess Goro is going to cancel one of his punches of punchwalk into command grab so you jump, but Goro actually didn't cancel the punchwalk, what's the worst that can happen to you? You lose like 5% damage and get sent full screen, that's really not that bad.

Tigrar Fury

Low Fireball: +1 on block (up from -3) and 5 less recovery frames

Straight Fireball: 5 less recovery frames

EX Straight Fireball: Hits mid (instead of high)

This variation is supposed to be a zoning variation, but it doesn't zone out anybody lol. At this moment in time there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to use Tigrar Fury over Kuatan Warrior, so it would be nice if Goro could actually zone people out. Then Tigrar Fury would actually have a purpose. His EX fire ball shoots 3 high fireballs that go right over your opponent's head, if they crouch then you just wasted a bar of meter for nothing. Also all of Goro's projectiles are terrible on recovery, you're not zoning out any competent player with those fireballs I promise. We should try our best to make every variation in the game have a purpose, every variation in the game should be able to be used competitively for some reason. As of right now Tigrar Fury has 0 use in competitive tournaments.

Kuatan Warrior

Chest Lunge: 10 recovery frames on whiff (down from 34)

Goro's mobility is atrocious, easily the worst in the game. His mobility is in a tier of it's own way at the bottom of the cast. If this attack had less recovery frames whiff, it would still be unsafe as hell but at least Goro might be able to use it from full screen to close the gap between him and his opponent a little bit faster.

Conclusion

So these are my Goro buff suggestions, what do you guys think? Let me know if you agree or disagree with these, or if you have different buff suggestions feel free to list them below. I know many of you are looking at this page like "man these are way too many buffs, are you sure?" And my answer would be 100% YES. Goro needs these. Honestly in my opinion, even if Goro received every single buff I listed on this page, he still wouldn't even be a top 10 character. But he would finally be able to hold his own against most of the cast, and not lose to every single character in the game anymore. Which was my goal :D I want every character in the game to be viable, but I don't know enough about the other low tier characters like Jaqui, Takeda, Jason etc. to make buff lists for them as well. I know enough about Goro playing 100's of matches with him against all the players at Yomi, and I'm sure they would all agree with me that Goro needs these buffs too. These are the changes that need to happen if you want to tune into a stream at a tournament, and actually see Goro players making top 16 and whatnot.
Universal

Telestomp: Agreed. This also goes for the ex version as well. Probably a bit better tracking as well.

B12U2: Agreed.

U1/U2: 10f start up is fine. This move is used for AA cross ups, not AA in general. Also probably a slightly better hitbox would be welcomed.

D2: Agreed, also make it have slightly better hitbox.

Shokan grab: Partially agreed. The thing is, that SG is the fastest cg in the game, which means you can punish stuff, other characters would punish with, like, 2% dmg. Examples are KK's f2 and Jason's b122 strings, just to name some. The hitbox issue you are having is against female characters probably. I have never had it against male characters. So IMO, SG is fine the way it is.

Punchwalk: Nope. You already have a mix up if someone blocks a regular pw. Ex pw or ex sg. Or you can just block and bait incoming attacks from your opponent. You dont have to be always in the offensive, even with a character like Goro.

Kuatan Warrior

Chest Lunge: Irrelevant. Only change i would make with this move, is that ex version hits mid and probably make it safe. Goro has one of the best wall carries in the game, along with the massive hit adv SG and his strings provide, you dont need another way getting in free. If his AA options will be buffed, then you ll have your opponent where you want him to be: on the ground.

Tigrar Fury

Agreed with all the changes you mentioned. Currently TF is probably the worst (and most gimmicky) of the 3 variations Goro has.

Dragon Fangs will be improved greatly if the universal buffs we suggested are received.

Post edited.

@FOREVER KING

Nice post, no Dragon Fang Suggestions i see though :) i guess you dont play that variation so ill throw my 2 cents in for it.

Dragon Fangs:

Dragon Spin: Cause a hard knockdown infront of Goro rather than knocking them full screen for a soft knockdown. Honestly id settle for it just knocking down infront of Goro so he can continue pressure midscreen.

DB2 Normal: Should be the start of a two hit string that lauches but is not cancelable and unsafe-ish. Currently theres not much use for this move other than setting up some corner shenanigans into grab

Shokan Stabs: Needs longer range or a better hitbox in general, Mileena being able to crouch block and still low profile this is stupid.

I wouldnt mind some more unique strings in this variation too.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
I'm no Goro main but I play alot against Goro as one of my friends main him. And I have to say this ist the most competent and complete write up how to make him viable. I especially think they should have fixed the bunked hitbox of b12u2 and the whiffing tickthrows with the very first patch. That way maybe more than three people would be still playing him.

Either this or fix the hitbox on his NJP. As I find the U2/U1 much more Goro-like I would also prefer that buff. Although I do think it would indeed also stop JIP but nothing's wrong with that. Jumping in or over someone should inherit a certain risk

I agree with that BUT ...

Making the normal punchwalk able to cancel into commandthrow I can live with. It would be some dirt but you need dirt to survive in this game. Making the meterburn version able to cancel would be broken. You can't guess that without a shitton of luck and being the best possible option to just block and eat the commandthrow giving Goro ALWAYS free 14% dmg + chip + meter off of anything is kind of a heavy load to swallow. And I do think you know you overextended there a bit when you say something like "you only eat 27% if you don't block"

PS: Maybe I'm missing here something very important but ffs which character exactly has this great mystic safe 50/50 setup that leads to 30% without spending meter? That's no sarcasm I have really the fear of missing something important here as it always comes up in discussions.
Yeah even if they did normal punch walk cancel and EX punchwalk not cancel that would be awesome.

But yeah Quan Chi, Sonya, Cassie, Erron Black, and others have ways to mix you up for over 30% while if they guess wrong, theyre still safe

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Punchwalk: Nope. You already have a mix up if someone blocks a regular pw. Ex pw or ex sg. Or you can just block and bait incoming attacks from your opponent. You dont have to be always in the offensive, even with a character like Goro.
That is such a terrible mixup lol. I'm spending meter to mix you up, the worst your gonna take if you block is like 18%. But if you jump you're gonna full combo punish Goros command grab or punch walk with like 40%.

What kind of risk reward is that for Goro? That's awful

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
That is such a terrible mixup lol. I'm spending meter to mix you up, the worst your gonna take if you block is like 18%. But if you jump you're gonna full combo punish Goros command grab or punch walk with like 40%.

Also sucks when they jump and you catch them with punch walk, but they fall out after the first one or two hits and then get a FCP. They really need to fix the hitbox on PW. If it hits it needs to vacuum em in.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
Also sucks when they jump and you catch them with punch walk, but they fall out after the first one or two hits and then get a FCP. They really need to fix the hitbox on PW. If it hits it needs to vacuum em in.
He drops ex specials and b1,2,u2 juggles and he has 4 arms to do them with. How sad is that.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!

Or you can just down poke if you dont respect your opponent, or block after a blocked pw. What you seem to fail to understand is that your opponent will ALWAYS respect you after a blocked pw, even if you have only one bar. They can try to:

down poke or throw, which if they do will result in armored pw,

they can try and jump (thats where U1/U2 or njp comes in),

they can try and back dash, which will result them getting hit by chest lunge (KW), pw, or f3 into a full combo punish.

The risk/reward for Goro is essentially in his favor since both, ex and regular pw are safe against the entire cast and he can follow it up with another armored pw which leads to 32-33% dmg and free oki. There is your mix up.

Last edited:

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
With this, i agree. Sometimes it does vacuum them in, sometimes it doesnt.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
So people have talked about this ever since the game was released, but it hasn't been changed yet. Goro is the worst character in the game by far, he loses to every other character in the game. I honestly can't think of a 5-5 matchup that he has. He loses 7-3 or worse to at least 5 characters (Tanya, Predator, Kung Lao, Kitana, Quan Chi, maybe more) and the buffs that they gave him in the past only benefited the strengths he already had, they never really buffed Goro in the categories he actually needs. I would love for every character in the game to be viable and have a chance of winning a tournament, that's the sign of a good fighting game. It sucks when there are characters that are so bad it's basically impossible to use them in competitive play, so you never get to see them used in tournament. So without further ado, I present my Goro buffs that I believe would make him mid tier or possibly high-mid.

UNIVERSAL

Telestomp: The hitbox on this move needs to be fixed so that it has much more priority

As it is now, people can just neutral jump punch it even if he lands on top of your head. Don't believe me? Take Goro and Quan Chi into training mode, press down up with Goro, then press jump 2 with Quan Chi. Even though Goro lands on top of Quan Chi, Goro will get dunked by the NJP for a full combo and Quan Chi won't be effected by the Telestomp whatsoever. WHAT THE....

B12U2: Fixed hitbox so third hit doesn't whiff all the time

Ok so there are times I hit somebody with a jump in punch, and input B12U2. The first two hits B12 will hit, but then the third hit U2 will whiff. Even on punishes, if my opponent does an unsafe move and I go to punish with this string, the first two hits will work and the last one will whiff. This is unfortunate because B12U2 is Goro's only reliable source of meterless damage, without this string he can only launch opponents for combos with EX punchwalk. The range of the third attack in this string should be increased so that if the first two hits connect, the third one should always connect as well.

D2: Changed to 9 frame start up (down from 11)

Like stated previously, Goro lacks a consistent anti air. U1/U2 is usually only good for stopping crossovers, so D2 needs to be able to stop people jumping at you from the front. Buffing this attack would help against characters like Kung Lao/Sonya/Kung Jin who jump at you from afar with long ranged jump ins, so they don't just get free attempts at pressure/mixups on Goro whenever they please.

Shokan Grab: Needs longer range

As it is, when you do D1 on block canceled into Shokan Grab for the tick throw, sometimes Goro's opponent blocks the D1 but the Shokan Grab whiffs. Not only does Goro miss out on damage and a setup for guessing right, but if the opponent is on point they can whiff punish the Shokan Grab with a full combo. That's no fun. If Goro's tick throws are limited, at least make them work.

I know you guys are gonna act like this sounds crazy, but it's really not. It's no different then Erron Black doing 21122 and canceling like 3 different hits of it into his command grab. Goro needs this to be good up close. Goro as a character right now needs to get on his opponent, his full screen options and ranged options all suck. So if you're going to make Goro suck ass at a distance, at least make him scary when he's in your face. His up close game isn't even top 10 in the game, while his ranged game is among the worst. It's so hard for Goro to get in on many characters in this game, he deserves some kind of reward for when he finally gets in. Think about it; if you guess Goro is going to cancel one of his punches of punchwalk into command grab so you jump, but Goro actually didn't cancel the punchwalk, what's the worst that can happen to you? You lose like 5% damage and get sent full screen, that's really not that bad.

Tigrar Fury

Low Fireball: +1 on block (up from -3) and 5 less recovery frames

Straight Fireball: 5 less recovery frames

EX Straight Fireball: Hits mid (instead of high)

This variation is supposed to be a zoning variation, but it doesn't zone out anybody lol. At this moment in time there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to use Tigrar Fury over Kuatan Warrior, so it would be nice if Goro could actually zone people out. Then Tigrar Fury would actually have a purpose. His EX fire ball shoots 3 high fireballs that go right over your opponent's head, if they crouch then you just wasted a bar of meter for nothing. Also all of Goro's projectiles are terrible on recovery, you're not zoning out any competent player with those fireballs I promise. We should try our best to make every variation in the game have a purpose, every variation in the game should be able to be used competitively for some reason. As of right now Tigrar Fury has 0 use in competitive tournaments.

Kuatan Warrior

Chest Lunge: 10 recovery frames on whiff (down from 34)

EX Chest Lunge: 1 frame recovery

Goro's mobility is atrocious, easily the worst in the game. His mobility is in a tier of it's own way at the bottom of the cast. If this attack had less recovery frames whiff, it would still be unsafe as hell but at least Goro might be able to use it from full screen to close the gap between him and his opponent a little bit faster.

Conclusion

So these are my Goro buff suggestions, what do you guys think? Let me know if you agree or disagree with these, or if you have different buff suggestions feel free to list them below. I know many of you are looking at this page like "man these are way too many buffs, are you sure?" And my answer would be 100% YES. Goro needs these. Honestly in my opinion, even if Goro received every single buff I listed on this page, he still wouldn't even be a top 10 character. But he would finally be able to hold his own against most of the cast, and not lose to every single character in the game anymore. Which was my goal :D I want every character in the game to be viable, but I don't know enough about the other low tier characters like Jaqui, Takeda, Jason etc. to make buff lists for them as well. I know enough about Goro playing 100's of matches with him against all the players at Yomi, and I'm sure they would all agree with me that Goro needs these buffs too. These are the changes that need to happen if you want to tune into a stream at a tournament, and actually see Goro players making top 16 and whatnot.
great thread @FOREVER KING , do you think Tremor needs buffs or not sure yet? wanna tell us in Tremor council?

Reactions: GAV

peachyO

Noob
I couldn't agree with this post more! I love this game, but as a loyal shokan player, I'm disappointed that goro is even weaker in many respects than my beloved sheeva was in mk9. For example, her shokan grab did 18% damage, 21% EX. goro's is 14%, 19% EX. Ground pound for sheeva was 9%, 16 % EX. Goro: 9 %, 12 % EX. Fireball 12%, 16% EX for sheeva, 9%, 12% EX for goro. And unlike sheeva, goro has no air grab. It's a cruel joke on all shokan players a and a real shame.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
I would speed up his f21 and make it a 8 frame starter. its his only jab move that has range, but right now its way to slow.
Thats actually a good idea, since he does not have a good punisher move that is good against moves which are punishable and create pushback on block.

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
I couldn't agree with this post more! I love this game, but as a loyal shokan player, I'm disappointed that goro is even weaker in many respects than my beloved sheeva was in mk9. For example, her shokan grab did 18% damage, 21% EX. goro's is 14%, 19% EX. Ground pound for sheeva was 9%, 16 % EX. Goro: 9 %, 12 % EX. Fireball 12%, 16% EX for sheeva, 9%, 12% EX for goro. And unlike sheeva, goro has no air grab. It's a cruel joke on all shokan players a and a real shame.
Careful... I was ridiculed for making this statement a month back...

Status
Not open for further replies.