What's new

Breaking Bad (SPOILERS!)

jaym7018

Noob
Splitting hairs. Walt put the bullet in the chamber and handed Tio the gun...figuratively. That's Walt's style.
Debating "whose smarter" is as pointless as internet debates go for a whole slew of reasons I don't care to go into with you. My point is that you can "blah blah blah" this and that but at the end of the day, Gus got his face blown the fuck off by a scenario Walter orchestrated.
So jesse is smarter than Walt? After all he orchestrated a plan that ruined and will likely end with Walts death.

Skitzo

Noob
Another perfect example of Walts stupidity "hey jack im at these exact coordinates". White trash nazi jack even knew that was stupid.

Yeah, he had made up his mind from the start. Even about the DEA. Hank knew the supremacists were srs bsns when he just met them for the first time. He knew either it was them or him. Walt still thought he was in control & can use his brain to come out the situation

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
So jesse is smarter than Walt? After all he orchestrated a plan that ruined and will likely end with Walts death.
You fail to see that even approaching this as "who is smarter than who" based on anything other than a fucking IQ test for fictional TV characters is a stupid conversation. You could argue that Gus was a better drug lord and I'd be more inclined to agree with you.

jaym7018

Noob
You fail to see that even approaching this as "who is smarter than who" based on anything other than a fucking IQ test for fictional TV characters is a stupid conversation. You could argue that Gus was a better drug lord and I'd be more inclined to agree with you.
I didnt bring up the topic of who is smarter.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
No the bell set off the explosion. Bell=trigger.
Oh you have nothing to say about Gus maintaining his successful empire long enough to get blown up by some old cripple man who shits himself? For a smart guy he didn't see that one coming, did he?

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Look, I'm going to bow out of this thread because honestly I have zero interest "internet debating" which character is "better" like it's some dichotomous tier list. Breaking Bad is a phenomenal show with so many well-written characters and sub-plots and I thought that this was going to be a discussion of that. Not some retarded "Gus beats Walt on smarts yo 7-3" psuedo matchup dicussion. I mean...come the fuck on.

jaym7018

Noob
Oh you have nothing to say about Gus maintaining his successful empire long enough to get blown up by some old cripple man who shits himself? For a smart guy he didn't see that one coming, did he?
Yeah clearly telling white supremacist nazis where you hid 80 million dollars is much smarter. Clearly putting key evidence with your on the crapper reading material is brilliant. 10+ years> 1

Li1mightymouse

super-squishii
My Breaking Bad series finale prediction! I have an entirely different point of view on the ending. Ok first off I'm going to say that I predict (knowing that this is probably not gonna happen) that Jesse thinks Walt is the master mind behind his capture/torture. So I think the first half of the episode will involve Walt coming up with some scheme to kill Jack and the sup. group and be bad ass and ect., while Jesse finds away to slip away and escape unnoticed.
I predict that the second part of the episode (maybe last 30 or 20 minutes) will have a dark knight style final showdown between Walt and Jesse. By some plot device, Jesse will find his way to Skyler and the kids (Walt jr and the baby) and find some way to make Walt come. When Walt gets there Jesse will get emotional and tell Walt that he killed and took Jane and Andrea away from here and it was time for Walt to pay back 50/50 coin toss sacred. If the show was really daring he would kill Skylar right in front of him on the spot, while still managing to hold the kids at gun point. Then he would tell Walt he owes him one more then they will be even.
Obviously he picks up the baby (I know this is totally out of character for Jesse, but he's been basically a prisoner for a year, his mind is in hell and he is emotionally a wreck.) I wouldn't know where the story would go from there but I see one of the three things possibly happening.

1. Instead of killing the child, Jesse points the gun at Walt and shoots him then drops the kid to Walt Jr. and kills himself.

2. Walt Jr. tackles Jesse and he accidently kills the baby and Walt kills Jesse in one final rage, and the Walt Jr. in a rage kills Walt.

3. Some plot I don't see.

This is all a thoughtful prediction though. I don't see Jesse outright killing Walt though. I see him wanting some kind of payback, the sacred coin toss 50/50 partners type.

Skitzo

Noob
(I know this is totally out of character for Jesse, but he's been basically a prisoner for a year, his mind is in hell and he is emotionally a wreck
it's been like 2 months since Walt's been on the run so, not a year lol

But i can see Jesse going crazy, idk. he has nothing to lose either now

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.

I think he's talking about the whole time Jesse has been under Walter's wing.

Li1mightymouse

super-squishii

Yeah I guess your right. I just figured since not that long ago he was celebrating his 51st birthday and in the first episode of the 5th season in the flash forward he was celebrating his 52nd. But I can see a few months going past since his 51st before the shit hit the fan with Hank. I just don't see a full year going past for four seasons and then a couple shows another full year goes by that fast after Gus's death.

Skitzo

Noob
Yeah I guess your right. I just figured since not that long ago he was celebrating his 51st birthday and in the first episode of the 5th season in the flash forward he was celebrating his 52nd. But I can see a few months going past since his 51st before the shit hit the fan with Hank. I just don't see a full year going past for four seasons and then a couple shows another full year goes by that fast after Gus's death.

In Gliding All Over, a lot of months went by when he expandable his empire to eurupe & that was maybe after another couple of months after his 51s1, it makes sense

poofynamanama2

SHAZAAAAAAAAM
There was a 3 month time jump in the montage in Gliding Over All, and then about a month in between when Walt tells skylar he's out and the scene where Hank find the book

poofynamanama2

SHAZAAAAAAAAM
And old crippled man that murdered his best friend that some speculated might have been his lover. It took Gus 20 years to build his empire and kill off the cartel heads in season 4. He literally waited 20 years for the moment he could watch Tio suffer and finally take his life. He chose emotion over reason, just as Walt has done many times. He never would have thought Walt and Tio would work together, and that shithead Tyrus checked the room for wires before Gus came into the room, so how the fuck would Gus have ever known Tio would do that?

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
Read a few pages is this whole thread basically one guy trying to say Breaking Bad isn't as good as everyone says it is Even though it totally is?

Read a few pages is this whole thread basically one guy trying to say Breaking Bad isn't as good as everyone says it is Even though it totally is?
I like to think of it as, one guy with a contrarian point of view to keep a conversation going while simultaneously calling everyone else an idiot for having a difference of opinion on characters that are open to interpretation.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo

Yes thats pretty much the jist of this thread. Hes so frustrated that everybody isn't on his level of thinking and makes a bunch of blanket statements backed up with nothing about how Vince Gilligan thinks like him and the fans of his show are dumb.

jaym7018

Noob
Saying this isnt the greatest show ever and that i despise Walt isnt even close to a contrarion point of view. Tons of people agree with both those points of view. And once again the only people i really call idiots are those that blindly support walt and wish death on characters like skylar and walt jr. Those people have no clue what they are watching.