What's new

General/Other - Kano Breakdown of Kano's Commando and Cybernetic Variations

Audit

Falls down too much
I don't see a problem with blockable command grabs, because you have to choose to block high or low. If they're safe grabs, he'll be better than Shazzam.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
@Phosferrax you beautiful man, thank you! I've been hoping to hear more about Commando for ages, it was the first variation in the game I was interested in...

...and from the way you've described it it doesn't seem to play the way I was going to play it lol.

I$AAC

Noob
Since the command grabs are block able were you able to combo them out of a string? And I'll give more detailed thoughts later, but I can see why they made his grabs blockable

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
I don't see a problem with blockable command grabs, because you have to choose to block high or low. If they're safe grabs, he'll be better than Shazzam.
Not really, especially since choke is a high you can just block to negate all his options.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Not really, especially since choke is a high you can just block to negate all his options.
The grabs are combo-able. As long as you know to mix-up with low and overhead strings you'll be fine.

Making a 25% damage grab that can be combo'd into blockable on a character that can throw himself across screen quickly and has what looks to be the best dash in the game right now isn't too drastic IMO.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
when i see people play him it looks like Kana can do a string where he dashes forward or backward mid string you hear anything on that.

Its his cutthroat variation i seen it in

Dark

Noob
He sounds great!

Kind of off the gameplay specifics topic but..:

Any chance you remember which color is assigned to which variation now? Was kind of difficult to tell which one they replaced in the last stream.

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
He sounds great!

Kind of off the gameplay specifics topic but..:

Any chance you remember which color is assigned to which variation now? Was kind of difficult to tell which one they replaced in the last stream.
if they havent changed it again blue is cutthroat, yellow commando, and red is cybernetic.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
If that's the case (and I'm theory fighting) you could f+4. 112 xx command grab for a combo
F+4 does not link with normals. His low starter is 3 hits, but the last hit isn't special cancel-able so the launcher only works in the corner. Could do the first two hits into grab though.

If the command grabs can be combo'ed into out of a string then I can respect that ( possible more damage), being unblockable with meter is a plus, y'all better be thanking god he even has unblockable command grabs, this is something he didn't have in MK9 well except for xray lol

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
The grabs are combo-able. As long as you know to mix-up with low and overhead strings you'll be fine.

Making a 25% damage grab that can be combo'd into blockable on a character that can throw himself across screen quickly and has what looks to be the best dash in the game right now isn't too drastic IMO.
Unfortunately he doesn't have any overheads. The mixup against Kano will be is he going to do an unblockable (back dash or jump) or a string (back dash or block).
[
QUOTE="FireBreather, post: 1612656, member: 8323"]when i see people play him it looks like Kana can do a string where he dashes forward or backward mid string you hear anything on that.

Its his cutthroat variation i seen it in[/QUOTE]

That is variation-unique string that has a funny animation that moves him back on the first hit and then forward for the second. I think it's a hard knockdown.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
I wonder what QA did all the crying and whining to make kano's command grabs blockable? Well @limbodawg I guess you will be tier whoring after all. R.I.P Tournament Kano Career. @Phosferrax u got any juice on cut throat variation?
Not really, but I know he has two new strings and the knife lunge special that launches if meter burned.