What's new

Born On a Monday -- Solomon Grundy General Discussion/QA/Combo Thread

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Never thought to GR to negate the armor, holy shit

rev0lver im going to body you...............................................

lol
Lol I know about it, but I still think Lex beats him pretty bad. You still need to take the time to get grave rot out. It only really makes a difference if I do it in open space without setting my trait up, otherwise I can keep pressuring you with zoning/up close stuff.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Lol I know about it, but I still think Lex beats him pretty bad. You still need to take the time to get grave rot out. It only really makes a difference if I do it in open space without setting my trait up, otherwise I can keep pressuring you with zoning/up close stuff.
Since we played in that KOH I have loved this MU. Realize that was my first encounter with a real lex and that Grundy can do quite a bit knowing that his gr beats armor.

It's his best kept secret.

Never thought to GR to negate the armor, holy shit

rev0lver im going to body you...............................................

lol
Mike I'm surprised you didn't know this. I need to make a Grundy tech vid.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Since we played in that KOH I have loved this MU. Realize that was my first encounter with a real lex and that Grundy can do quite a bit knowing that his gr beats armor.

It's his best kept secret.
lol you used it against me the next time we played. it makes it better for grundy but i don't think it's anything huge.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I don't want to be rude but how do people not know this?

It isn't an armor break as much as it just acts the way a physical attack does. This can take WCC pressure to new heights.
I dunno. Scrubs like me can find it just trying to see how much damage I can do

Yeah I always do GR after a WC. Just because. lol

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I dunno. Scrubs like me can find it just trying to see how much damage I can do

Yeah I always do GR after a WC. Just because. lol
No reason not to. Ever. Every chance I get I will do it because of its ability to nullify armor. It makes getting out of pressure that much harder. Please pushblock and mb b3.

Where do you live? Is it Florida?

Gruff757

The Gruff
yeah see that's why, I never considered that it registers as an actual hit

and Ive been actively using Grave Rot since drop lol

RYX

BIG PUSHER
No reason not to. Ever. Every chance I get I will do it because of its ability to nullify armor. It makes getting out of pressure that much harder. Please pushblock and mb b3.

Where do you live? Is it Florida?
No, I live in Ohio, haha. I'm not that far from folks like THTB but I'm both A. without a ride and B. very shy and very free

;_;

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
PS3. ;_;

I'm such a disappointment
Go shame yourself...and keep practicing Grundy.

Go work on this combo and come back when you have mastered it:
Opponent In corner- ji2 b1 gr mb 112 bf2 mb bf2 1 sh mb jump over 2 b1 WC mb 1 trait grab.

Reactions: RYX

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
Have on power trait before you start the combo. MBGR, GR, B1MBSH, crossover with J2 into B1MBWC, catch them of the wall with 1B2MBDA,F1 trait. the timing for the hit off the wall after BMWC is right when they hit the wall. the combo will drop if you do it before they hit the wall.

CommonNick

Europe, PSN: "CommonNick"
Have on power trait before you start the combo. MBGR, GR, B1MBSH, crossover with J2 into B1MBWC, catch them of the wall with 1B2MBDA,F1 trait. the timing for the hit off the wall after BMWC is right when they hit the wall. the combo will drop if you do it before they hit the wall.
I really don't understand why people keep looking for all the [MBGR, GR,power chain] combos. Not to mention that you should have posted that in the combo thread. (it's not anything groundbreaking, it's pretty standard)

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
This wasn't something that I practiced or use in an actual game cuz it's ridiculously hard to pull off in a game. It's just something I came across in practice mode. But I use the startup of that combo and it works pretty good. I got a lot of stuff with Grundy I can use. And I actually found some new tech with Grundy, and from what I looked up on it, no one knows about yet. I plan on bringing it out at NEC

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
So since I started playing the game I always used Grundy. And from everything I learned, Grundy has a savage corner game. There's a lot of stuff Grundy can link in the corner that he can't link anywhere else. You can connect combos of b1,3, if there in the air off a combo (starting with 1,1,3 or f1,3) you can hit then with 1, b2 to do more damage into his DA or TG and it won't scale the damage.

CommonNick

Europe, PSN: "CommonNick"
This wasn't something that I practiced or use in an actual game cuz it's ridiculously hard to pull off in a game. It's just something I came across in practice mode. But I use the startup of that combo and it works pretty good. I got a lot of stuff with Grundy I can use. And I actually found some new tech with Grundy, and from what I looked up on it, no one knows about yet. I plan on bringing it out at NEC
I just hope you're willing to post everything after the tournament