What's new

Born On a Monday -- Solomon Grundy General Discussion/QA/Combo Thread

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Character Biography --
The undead monster known as Solomon Grundy is powerful, immortal and bad news for every hero unfortunate enough to cross his path. Grundy was a corrupt man named Cyrus Gold until his untimely death in Slaughter Swamp. Since then his entire existence has been an unending cycle of death and rebirth. Read More >
This is a general discussion thread -- So please, discuss, theorize, hypothesize here!
Edit: by @
Mikemetroid
9/26/2013

Nerfs, buffs, FAQ, and general discussion revolving Solomon Grundy in IGAU.

Have a quick statement about something? Post here
Quick combo you'd like to share? Post here
Want to whine and bitch for nerfs/buffs? Post here.
Now maining Grundy and would like to share? Post here

Have something that is rather breakthrough worthy? DON'T post here
Have some new neat tech? DON'T post here
Have match up questions? DON'T post here

BTK HYENA

Fuck you; fight me.
Agreed. Change the mechanics some too and allow for unblockable command grabs this time. You should get rewarded for getting close enough to land one (assuming it's hard to get there), not penalized.

Or, at the very least, if he doesn't get unblockable grabs, have a shit ton of armor options. This guy should be able to walk through everyone with armored EX moves.

I'll play Grundy if he uses the noose around his neck in some form of attack.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
Powerhouse grappler that gets big damage, but is one of the slowest for balance reasons.

I want him to hit like a truck, Astaroth style with devastating grabs and possibly a good amount of armor on his enhanced specials.

Anti-air grab

2-3 command grabs.

Ground pound

low grab

I don't know enough of Zangief, but I wouldn't be opposed to seeing him with some of those traits.

I'm not personally into most grapple based characters, but Grundy looks scary and cool so I'm looking forward to trying him out at the very least.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
still haven't seen any pictures or video of this game, computer at home is broken and computer at work is restricted for websites. =( But he sounds like a character I'd like to play.

PND i2 Gaug3

NERF Everything, LEAVE Nothing
From the screen shots I think he might have a running bear grab type move bring it on

Sent from the PND Haters Ball

shig

kool guy
Yup. Seems like a grappler.

Maybe this grab leads to the move where he rips a fucking tombstone from his body and smashew your head with it?

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
I was really hoping he wouldn't be a grappler, and would be a powerhouse filled with armor and a surprisingly fast move and here. I hope he doesn't have too many grapples, because I'd like to see Bain as the main grappler. Break the Bat, man!

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I was really hoping he wouldn't be a grappler, and would be a powerhouse filled with armor and a surprisingly fast move and here. I hope he doesn't have too many grapples, because I'd like to see Bain as the main grappler. Break the Bat, man!
Bane is conifrmed yet though. It looks like Grundy will be the grappler.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Well no grappling character is ONLY a grappler... it's just the focus of that character's playstyle to get in and do that.