What's new

Bloodborne General Discussion.

perfectghast

Just throw it out, and hope for the best!
If anyone wants to play co-op or help with the level 3 chalice dungeon boss add me PSN Perfect_Ghast

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
The only person who has any idea how to play footsies is 16 bit, and I didn't see a smidgeon of footsies or a non air to air anti-air in their test matches. Just because they minorly discuss footsies doesn't mean the game will reward it or pa
tient play. My inside sources and what I know about nrs tells me otherwise.
Footsies is a street fighter term.. and I've played SFIV with you. You're about as good as I am.. which isn't that good. I'm sure the game will be fine.

Footsies is a street fighter term.. and I've played SFIV with you. You're about as good as I am.. which isn't that good. I'm sure the game will be fine.
The reasons I'm not that good at sfiv Is not my footsies, it's my execution, offense, and matchup knowledge that are bad, because I haven't vested enough time into breaking the game down and learning setups and his to generate counter hits and offense. There's a reason I used to do way better in shoto battles then say against juri, i understood and won the neutral. I'm much better at third strike. if you've ever played me in mk9 you'll see just how good my spacing/footsies are, and I felt it was pretty good. Injustice hardly let you use those skills.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
Beat Cleric Beast and Gascoigne my first try. Kirkhammer is awesome. So is axe. Doing a ton of exploration. Decimated the titans post cathedral. Haven't met an enemy I couldn't beat without getting touched. My souls pedigree is definitely helping. I adore this fucking game...

E

Eldriken

Beat Cleric Beast and Gascoigne my first try. Kirkhammer is awesome. So is axe. Doing a ton of exploration. Decimated the titans post cathedral. Haven't met an enemy I couldn't beat without getting touched. My souls pedigree is definitely helping. I adore this fucking game...
I'm still holding out. I'll probably pick it up after FROM Software fixes some of the issues (primarily the ridiculous load times). I'm really interested in playing it, but I just want to make sure I finish other things and some of its bugs are fixed.

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
I've gone all the way to the asshole with mini gun and I've yet to find anymore weapons or armor besides the kirkhammer and the DLC top hat stuff. every single enemy I fight drops the same consumables, even the giant fuckers who one shot me.

I'm enjoying the mechanics greatly but as a customizable RPG so far I'm pretty dissapointed
Not flaming or anything but have you ever played a Souls game? They almost NEVER just drop good weapons. You have to go waaaay out of your way on almost obscure quests to find the good weapons. From Software is completly against "kill X monster and get Y weapon as drop." Lol there are people I know who will run through a whole Souls game with their starting weapons because they refuse to talk to NPCs and listen to the lore.

The weapons are definitly there bro... you just arn't looking hard enough.

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
Not flaming or anything but have you ever played a Souls game? They almost NEVER just drop good weapons. You have to go waaaay out of your way on almost obscure quests to find the good weapons. From Software is completly against "kill X monster and get Y weapon as drop." Lol there are people I know who will run through a whole Souls game with their starting weapons because they refuse to talk to NPCs and listen to the lore.

The weapons are definitly there bro... you just arn't looking hard enough.
where did i say good weapons? i mean any weapons, or any armor, or any item that isn't another goddam blood pack.

The_REAL_xVAPORx

smoke reset bot
where did i say good weapons? i mean any weapons, or any armor, or any item that isn't another goddam blood pack.
well you could be getting nothing but broken straight sword hilts and mailbreakers as drops, and no blood vials..... there is noticeably less weapons isn bloodborne than any other souls game yet (im assuming armor too) but how many different weapons drops would you get in dark souls before you found one worth switching over to and upgrading? I loved how varied the weapons were but at the same time, most of them were all but useless. I feel like bloodborne just trimmed the fat when it comes to item drops.

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
that's not the point though, when you explored every nook and cranny you were bound to find something interesting, something you didn't have before. it wasn't just Dark Souls either every game is like that. the shit i am finding is not worth the time it takes to fully explore these areas.

that's not the point though, when you explored every nook and cranny you were bound to find something interesting, something you didn't have before. it wasn't just Dark Souls either every game is like that. the shit i am finding is not worth the time it takes to fully explore these areas.
Then look at it this way. Explore the ares to just explore the areas and progress in the game. There are more weapons in the game. In fact, the flamethrower is very close to the first lamp that you light.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
well you could be getting nothing but broken straight sword hilts and mailbreakers as drops, and no blood vials..... there is noticeably less weapons isn bloodborne than any other souls game yet (im assuming armor too) but how many different weapons drops would you get in dark souls before you found one worth switching over to and upgrading? I loved how varied the weapons were but at the same time, most of them were all but useless. I feel like bloodborne just trimmed the fat when it comes to item drops.
And to be fair, a lot of the weapons were very alike. So as opposed to having multiple weapons in the same class, we are getting one or two from each

trufenix

bye felicia
I justt now got a ps4 so I'm just now hearing about this, is it just Dark Souls 3? Mercilessly hard, awkward combat, desolate world?

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
lol

I was seeing a lot of this yestreday and this game looks like ass cheeks... its all about side dash then slash and mash on these really stupid enemies.....

100% not getting this..

This is my first souls game so I have no fandom, I can honestly say it isn't like that at all.

I got my ass beat by this boss at least 20 times before that video because all I really knew how to do was dash and slash(which isn't very effective at all if you don't have any strategy or know how to use footsies or spacing in the game) and I still don't even know how to use all of the mechanics, so I got lucky and cheesed it out.

Games fine, and it's weird that you'd use someone exploiting a boss(which is possible in literally almost every game with bosses, this isn't even unique to this game, if you look up "speed runs" of most games you'll see people pulling shenanigans on bosses) to determine wether or not you want to get a game.

Don't get it, fine, but just know you plan on passing up a good game for the wrong reasons.

Last edited:

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
fuck it im done,if im going to be playing an RPG with no customization options ill just play a hack n slash. there is nothing in this game

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
You know what thing I am most glad they got rid of? Fuck mothering equipment burdens. I hated having to play naked until I either get the obligatory equip burden increase accessory or get my Endurance up 30 or 40 levels (if you aren't fast rolling, you are doing it wrong). Or in regards to DSII, being at a disadvantage anyway because I didn't level adaptibility so I don't have i-frames on my fast roll

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
So is it me or is multiplayer toned way down? Like, is there incentive to be summoned into someone's game? Is there anything analogous to covens? How does Insight work?

Voodoo

Smack it up, flip it and rub it down.
So is it me or is multiplayer toned way down? Like, is there incentive to be summoned into someone's game? Is there anything analogous to covens? How does Insight work?
So far it seems like insight let's you summon help, get access to secret areas/npcs. I also found out that if you're carrying 15+ insight some enemies get new moves.