What's new

Black Adam General Discussion Thread

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
those are the utilities of his tools... He forces zoners in because he outchips them when he can do lightning, his often trait ensure constant pressure and damage , meter gain is why he can chuck out ex lightning and divekicks. Nerf just the chip and we suddenly lose to aquaman, batman, GL, raven and go even with so many 6 4s
I'm not denying any of that, but nothing about it would change the way you play the character. You just won't be able to do whatever the fuck you want all the time against anyone. Just because of what hr has been given Black Adam isn't ever leaving top tier imo.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I'm not denying any of that, but nothing about it would change the way you play the character. You just won't be able to do whatever the **** you want all the time against anyone. Just because of what hr has been given Black Adam isn't ever leaving top tier imo.
I'm not denying that, just saying that that shit is important and a big part of why he's so good. Personally, I want him nerfed to the ground so all the top tier cockriders can fuck off and I can play my char without easy mode on.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I'm not denying that, just saying that that shit is important and a big part of why he's so good. Personally, I want him nerfed to the ground so all the top tier cockriders can fuck off and I can play my char without easy mode on.
I agree I understand it makes him better, it would make anyone better lol. I agree I'm ready for another nerf as well. As long as I can play him the same way I always have I am just fine.

NHDR

Noob
Hey guys, sorry to ask again - I'm just new to Injustice. Is BA considered a highly technical character? I love his playstyle but I am limited by my execution, and wouldn't want to invest time only to encounter some difficulties. Thanks!

T4T|Nevan

"Burn baby! Burn!"
Hey guys, sorry to ask again - I'm just new to Injustice. Is BA considered a highly technical character? I love his playstyle but I am limited by my execution, and wouldn't want to invest time only to encounter some difficulties. Thanks!
No, he's an easy char to play with, just watch Rico Suave and you can see that. He has setups and godly stuff, but it seems it's worthless to learn those, since with a simple gameplay is enough to win with BA.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
No, he's an easy char to play with, just watch Rico Suave and you can see that. He has setups and godly stuff, but it seems it's worthless to learn those, since with a simple gameplay is enough to win with BA.
If its so easy, go do it yourself.

You have no idea of how much shit you go through to win tournaments stacked with players of the highest lvl possible so far, its easy to stick to flowchart adam and win against ppl who are not good and dont take the time to learn matchups but instead complain on the forums.

T4T|Nevan

"Burn baby! Burn!"
I wasn't even complaining...what the hell are you talking about?

Is it a lie that BA's an easy character to play with? I've seen Rico play and he doesn't do nothing spectacular or a really hard to block setup, like VulcanHades shown. He uses a simple gamplay, sometimes he doesn't even go for max damage, and wins, didn't said that it's easy to WIN with, but it is easy to pick up and play, if you are looking for solid but simple gameplay.

Rico's smart and has good match up knowledge, that's why the way he plays the character gives him wins. I dislike it a lot, because we all know that BA's much more to it and everyone that's learning, or learnt, the setups feels like it was wasted time. Rico mastered the basics of BA not the character and it's possibilities.

Adam has a lot of shit that might need nerfing but if you think you can play a flowchart adam and win tournaments then I'm expecting people to put up or shut up. America has a lot of tournaments, go go go :)
If that matters to anything I live in Portugal and tournaments, regular or not, for Injustice are rare and most of the FGC here only plays SSF4 and UMvC3. If I lived in UK/US you bet I would try that out, even tho I didn't called Rico a Flowchart BA. He plays a simple game with him and that you can not deny.

NHDR

Noob
I just want to know that its not difficult to play him execution-wise. I like simple characters with diverse tools.

Error

DF2+R2
Divekicks are high execution, sometimes I find my self messing up and jump 3'ing full screen like a moron. Same with lightning, I get D2s and end up dancing like an Egyptian full screen, my opponents probably think I'm teabagging.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Ok, just wondering, I found this yesterday and it blew my mind.
I havent tested it but i would imagine some characters can fuck with the hitbox by holding forward while the F3 startups going on, depending on who the character is and their hitbox and walkspeed, could probably just walk under him and end up blocking it with forward.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Adam has a lot of shit that might need nerfing but if you think you can play a flowchart adam and win tournaments then I'm expecting people to put up or shut up. America has a lot of tournaments, go go go :)
Case in point: Rico makes Forever King look free, then FK turns around and blows up Chris G.

A New Angel Is Advent

mutton basher
At risk list:
-backdash
-mb lightning
-divekick (mb, regular)
-trait cool down
-trait cancels
-B23 on block
-lightning cage/hands wakeup
-j.2
-meter gain
-trait, meterless damage
-crossup options

Anything else?

His damage and backdash will obviously get toned down. Maybe some of his strings like b23 could receive a slight frame advantage nerf. But everything else is fine imo.

Black Adam's trait is great but not broken. Black Adam just should never have been able to do 55% combos for 1 bar. That was obviously stupid from the start considering how strong of a zoner and anti-zoner he is on top of having a strong footsie game.

But that also goes for Superman. You don't need 70% combos when you have all those tools and such dominant footsies.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
His damage and backdash will obviously get toned down. Maybe some of his strings like b23 could receive a slight frame advantage nerf. But everything else is fine imo.

Black Adam's trait is great but not broken. Black Adam just should never have been able to do 55% combos for 1 bar. That was obviously stupid from the start considering how strong of a zoner and anti-zoner he is on top of having a strong footsie game.

But that also goes for Superman. You don't need 70% combos when you have all those tools and such dominant footsies.
considering you can jump and punish lightning and how its his only true zoning tool backdash should stay

zoofs

bless
is b2 trait cancel, 112 black magic dash b23 up 1+3 39% meterless okay to use online? I normally use b23 112 black magic mb dash trait b23 up 1+3 as my go to combo, but I've been dropping it a lot if theres a little big of lag online and im trying to figure out what other combo i can use if theres some lag

A New Angel Is Advent

mutton basher
is b2 trait cancel, 112 black magic dash b23 up 1+3 39% meterless okay to use online? I normally use b23 112 black magic mb dash trait b23 up 1+3 as my go to combo, but I've been dropping it a lot if theres a little big of lag online and im trying to figure out what other combo i can use if theres some lag
Sometimes it's even better. Like the f3 vortex thread. B2trait 22B1 j.2 11MB black magic F3 gives around 47% iirc and sets up from a hard knockdown. I've broken 50% with 1 meter on b2 trait. The tradeoff is it's tougher to confirm than pressuring with B23.