What's new

Black Adam General Discussion Thread

Does anyone else here use the standing 1 feint to bait jumps full screen when people are jumping your projectiles on reaction?
If so, what do you usually do after you baited the jump?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I am not downplaying, it is the truth.

This character will never win a major or a tournament. Prove me wrong and I will love every Black Adam for it.

He is the Jade of this game. Good potential, just missing the 1 thing to tie it all together. When it's all said and done (after patches etc) I seriously doubt that will be the case, but as of right now. Jade tier.

Pig Of The Hut
Tom Brady
CD jr

Prove me wrong.
General M2Dave

Why was this not on your list?

Chance, I ain't never letting you off for this, I'll be playing KI in a year now and will be periodically tagging you.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Please do. I consider it my crowing moment of stupidity. And don't worry, they were doing a major call out podcast...and I was on it lol
Let's not forget "Joker got slept on hard man"

When new games hit this is by far my favourite thing to do, digging up old ass posts and tagging people.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Let's not forget "Joker got slept on hard man"

When new games hit this is by far my favourite thing to do, digging up old ass posts and tagging people.
I still think he did get slept on. If you don't know the Joker matchup...he will take you for a ride.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I still think he did get slept on. If you don't know the Joker matchup...he will take you for a ride.
True but you cannot play a character with the fear that when someone sits down and learns the matchup your anus is going on a ride. It truly sucks when people can win without even knowing a small amount of his setups just because their chars allow them the luxury of not learning the matchup.

rurounikenshin

biggest cyborg upplayer
Hey guys, I think we should start ending our corner combos with 1B3, the hard knockdown after that ender gives you the next possibilities:
1.- cross up F3 and if you delay it, it still crosses up sometimes, so that is really dirty.
2.- dash over opponent to reverse wake-ups (inconsistent, but possible)
3.- 50/50 with far and close boot stomp.

And all of those options allow you to get another combo if you guess correctly which puts the opponent in the same position.

MB boot stomp: j1, close BS, jf1, close BS, 1B3. This combo can be used with all of BA`s launchers on the corner and is pretty good damage plus setup.

When you hit the opponent with cross up F3, you walk back under the opponent and do 112, black magic, 1B3 to get the opponent on the corner with the same setup again.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
No still play him, hes still top 5 imo,,, but i dont know whether to say this game is dead or FG are dying out, since it seems the same for other games, hope not

A New Angel Is Advent

mutton basher
Yo, do people still play this character?
Yeah we just don't talk about him.

I've stopped using him as much since imo he has the biggest need for execution adaptation online and off. His optimal stuff has touchy timing. The timing isn't difficult, but he's like two completely different characters, so I use different stuff online which doesn't really give me the practice I need. It probably makes me worse. Whereas a character like GL doesn't need a different game plan even if you netplay a wireless connection on 10000" tv and switch to living room casuals on an Asus.

Error

DF2+R2
No still play him, hes still top 5 imo,,, but i dont know whether to say this game is dead or FG are dying out, since it seems the same for other games, hope not
Eh, I'd day he's top 10 at most.

Yeah we just don't talk about him.

I've stopped using him as much since imo he has the biggest need for execution adaptation online and off. His optimal stuff has touchy timing. The timing isn't difficult, but he's like two completely different characters, so I use different stuff online which doesn't really give me the practice I need. It probably makes me worse. Whereas a character like GL doesn't need a different game plan even if you netplay a wireless connection on 10000" tv and switch to living room casuals on an Asus.
Yeah, I know what you mean. Same reason I've been playing him less. Sometimes I feel like I have to open up opponents twice as much due to dropped combos online.

Last edited:

shinobispectre

Heart of A Champion, Skill of a Noob :P
So trying to pick up a secondary Black Adam to add to my main Shazam to have a nice Marvel family going. What tips do you guys have for learning him? Online or off he's a top character and sadly uses the awesome catchphrase more than my main T_T. MMmeh. But yeah any tips?

A New Angel Is Advent

mutton basher
So trying to pick up a secondary Black Adam to add to my main Shazam to have a nice Marvel family going. What tips do you guys have for learning him? Online or off he's a top character and sadly uses the awesome catchphrase more than my main T_T. MMmeh. But yeah any tips?
Based on my early on bad habits I'd say
- after B23 on block practice follow up options like D1 palpatine, D1 grab, D1 trait 2 or trait B23
- try to avoid using MB black magic in combos
- use the down back version of divekick in corner combos
- don't use meterless divekick
- use lots of trait cancels, remember throw checks in blockstrings and occasionally tack on a lightning shot at the end to add a low
-palpatine can punish distanced moves that recover faster than B2 and that are farther than 22 (such as a blocked lanterns might)
- divekicks can punish some zoning like superman air eye laser or lantern air oa, practice jump timing to dodge and punish
- forward throw gives a taunt
-j.1 for air to air, j.2 for air to ground/crossup. J.3 confirmed to divekick for damage

shinobispectre

Heart of A Champion, Skill of a Noob :P
Based on my early on bad habits I'd say
- after B23 on block practice follow up options like D1 palpatine, D1 grab, D1 trait 2 or trait B23
- try to avoid using MB black magic in combos
- use the down back version of divekick in corner combos
- don't use meterless divekick
- use lots of trait cancels, remember throw checks in blockstrings and occasionally tack on a lightning shot at the end to add a low
-palpatine can punish distanced moves that recover faster than B2 and that are farther than 22 (such as a blocked lanterns might)
- divekicks can punish some zoning like superman air eye laser or lantern air oa, practice jump timing to dodge and punish
- forward throw gives a taunt
-j.1 for air to air, j.2 for air to ground/crossup. J.3 confirmed to divekick for damage
Do not use meterless Dive Kick for what? I like that name (Palpatine) better than what I called it (Jazz Hands). Force is strong with Black Adam indeed. But yeah I'm not sure what to utilize DK for outside of corner escape and combos.

A New Angel Is Advent

mutton basher
Do not use meterless Dive Kick for what? I like that name (Palpatine) better than what I called it (Jazz Hands). Force is strong with Black Adam indeed. But yeah I'm not sure what to utilize DK for outside of corner escape and combos.
It's very unsafe now. And yeah pretty much for escapes and punishes. Also palpatine jazz hands works even >

Error

DF2+R2
In the corner grounded 223 dash forward F3 crosses up. Just dashing forward at the right time also reverses inputs.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
For a while I didn't realize 223 was tech-able after juggles and I got really excited at how much hit advantage it has when it's not teched.
Such disappoint :DOGE
Yea i tried to find some innovative ways to cause it but the 223 is only as good when it hits grounded =/