What's new

Best zoner in MKX?

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Marksman Erron will ruin peoples lives

That rifle shot in combined with the caltrops will make a lot of scrubs eat lead either by stopping from running or by running away from the spikes.
Scrubs will just keep teleporting anyway, Erron or not. Caltrops are wasted on scrubs. They didn't even figure out how to dash in MK9, some of them at least.

The thing I really want people to think about is that running takes meter in this game.
Let us not confuse super meter and stamina though. Shoulda come up with less confusing terminology than just throwing out context-sensitive "meter" IMO.

You need to difference between zoning and footsies game.
Zoning uses proyectiles to damage at long distance and footsies uses decent range normals that keep you safe and dont let your opp. moves reaches you
Or this is how NRS community (mis)uses the word.

inb4 Predator gets Superman lasers :DOGE
If his shoulder canon generates at least as much salt as it used to do (and still does it seems) in AvP games, then so be it :D

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Scrubs will just keep teleporting anyway, Erron or not. Caltrops are wasted on scrubs. They didn't even figure out how to dash in MK9, some of them at least.
The rule still applies, they will be so afraid of getting shot that they'll get blown up by the setup without actually using the rifle.

gunslinger/marksman erron black seems to be pretty damn evil. A walkback projectile is usually very hard to punish, and with caltrops setups you can't even run up. Obviously MK has a ton of teleporters but with smart play he should be very good at creating space through retreating shots and coin shot.

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
I may be in the minority but Iv always thought of players as zoners rather than characters. It's kind of a blanket term now that applies to every character it seems. Can someone name me a character that's NOT a zoner just so I can get some perspective? Players do the zoning through footsies and just overall movement.