What's new

Best zoner in MKX?

Arzumis

Noob
(1st post) let me know if i did something wrong
who do you think will be the best zoner in Mortal Kombat X? Not many zoning characters I find this time around.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Well, I cannot answer that because I haven't played the game yet and there are characters left to be shown. However, just for fun/theory fighting, I'll say Erron Black and Takeda.

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
From what we have seen so far I'm going to go out on a limb and say Liu Kang. No in the sense of multiple projectiles on screen but in the sense that he will control the tempo and space of the game extremely well.

As far as a character with shitloads of projectiles I am going to say Erron Black and Kung Jin. But I feel they well suffer in a similar way that Sindel suffered in MK9....

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
I have to say I'm hyped for that varition. Looks very sweet. Hoping his stunt shadow kick will be mid at least. Overhead though :eek:
I thought about using him for that variation alone. I'll end up trying everyone out, but I have a few characters in mind as mains.

beep_ima_sheep

RIP Smoke
Feel like people are missing the point. Obviously we don't know who the best zoner is, he just wants to know who people speculate will be strong zoners based on what we've seen so far. Obviously very few people here have actually played the game

So far, it doesn't look liker there are any Kabals, but Takeda looks like he has realy good spacial control. Master of Storms Raiden looks like he'll have some solid zoning set ups, but it just seems like it takes too much time to set up the lightning traps. We'll just have to see how it plays out. It's also difficult to imagine Kenshi without being a strong zoner

Last edited:
Erron black wins,,, he to me looks like the best zoner not only does he has specials for zoning( which also include a low rifle shot and a low grenade) no he also has fucking bullets mid-strings. And his Marksman gunshot can't be ducked either since its a mid

I'd say it is either Master of Souls Ermac or Inferno Scorpion. Of course I am hoping for Shinnok's Necromancer to be an OP zoner)