What's new

Best commentator - MK9

Grumptronix

Fuck off, I'm not grumpy
I was rewatching several MK9 tournaments of 2012 and I personally fucking love the hype that Triforce (not sure if that's how you spell it) and Spooky bring to the stream. Tom Brady brings the knowledge, but Tri and Spooky bring the hype.

Thoughts?

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
Wonder Chef - For insight and analyze
CDjr - For balls out laughter.

Brady would be outstanding if his commentary didn't disintegrate into talking about himself every other sentence. He shines as an MLG commentator where he has brass to keep him reserved.

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
Tom Brady needs to stop being an emo kid with his whole imagined "the community doesn't like me commentating" bullshit and commentate whenever he gets a chance.

Seriously, I'm going to be greatly disappointed if he isn't wrecking the mic during grand finals at Evo '13.

Dramatica

Forecast calls for missiles
CD jr's passion is unequaled but... Brady and 16-bit definitely have the most magnetic personalities when it comes to commentary

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
REO was really good at the last tournament because he was just analyzing the match, he wasn't bitching, he wasn't criticizing he was just calling the match accurately and saying how this was good or that was good. Later that night too, CDjr might not have been acting serious but damn that was funny when he said "you better put on your nike's that nikka's gonna run" When Kabal changed to rooftop stage lol.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
till this day 995 Phil + Brady are the best duo (mlg columbus)

Brady is the man but gotta keep the stream away from him cause then he gets psychotic (i love that too but we being serious)

Reo, CD jr and J360 are all really good

Im honestly the worst ever lol But im probably partially funny

KRYS9984

Noob
Brady / 16-Bit commentating at Devastation was some of the best I've seen; it was the birth of "The Brice is Right" (who wasn't actually Brice).

TriForces' commentary on the ultimate Sub-Zero mirror (Tom Brady / Denzell) was also funny as hell. He's got da smart stuff.

Tom Brady / REO / CDJR at Operation Wolf was really good; very informative and entertaining.

Pig Of The Hut is also good; he did a great job (with Medina) at Final Round. Everything about that tournament was perfect.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Wonder_Chef for worst commentator
Haha Frothy -- you better hope we never get a 'dislike' button, because I will come after this post first :p

There's one commentator we're forgetting. He's an african american guy and he did a couple of smaller events this year (I think he commentates other games). He had some of the best commentary I've heard, but I cannot remember his name for the life of me. If I think of it I'll post again.

EDIT: I think he may have had 'Dog' in his name.
EDIT2: DoggySammich? Does this ring a bell?

Insuperable

My mom tells me I'm pretty
Haha Frothy -- you better hope we never get a 'dislike' button, because I will come after this post first :p

There's one commentator we're forgetting. He's an african american guy and he did a couple of smaller events this year (I think he commentates other games). He had some of the best commentary I've heard, but I cannot remember his name for the life of me. If I think of it I'll post again.

EDIT: I think he may have had 'Dog' in his name.
EDIT2: DoggySammich? Does this ring a bell?
ATL Funkyp stream?