What's new

Batman: Arkham Origins Discussion Thread

AkTiVe

o.o
Cant wait til I have this game. I love the Arkham series. Idk if yall noticed but in the e3 trailer you see batman pretty much
kill the thug by letting him go off the building and i'm assuming in this game we'll see a darker side of bats due to him
being new on the job. (Batman doesn't kill)

Mulder

King of Heroes
Cant wait til I have this game. I love the Arkham series. Idk if yall noticed but in the e3 trailer you see batman pretty much
kill the thug by letting him go off the building and i'm assuming in this game we'll see a darker side of bats due to him
being new on the job. (Batman doesn't kill)
Nah he caught him. It was how the scene was edited.

nikkowm

Noob
I was looking at the pre order and it said two extra skins i think it will be original arkham skin and dkr skin

dionysos

Noob
Pre-ordered that one last week. I did enjoy Arkham City and this summer I'll play Arkham Asylum. It's interesting how they brought the beat'em up genre back in such a unique way.

And yep, Deathstroke was what convinced me of pre-ordering. :) Sure he'll become later DLC, but I want him right from the start.

NoxiousDonny

"Cheap Grubber"
Today a trailer was released announcing and showing off Batman Arkham Origins multiplayer.
The Invisible Predator Multiplayer Mode is 3 v 3 v 2.
The first team of 3 is 3 henchmen led by Bane.
The second team of 3 is 3 henchmen led by The Joker.
The last team is Batman and Robin.

The henchmen are no ordinary henchmen though - Joker and Bane have enlisted their Gang Elite to take down the dynamic duo - including special gadgets such as Enhanced Vision, which works like Detective Mode to see other players through walls and objects but with limited time, aswell as deadly themed weapons such as Jokers "Surprise, you're dead!" proximity mine gift boxes or the Bane crew's ultrasonic pulse that can zap enemies even through walls.

Playing as Batman and Robin is all about mastering stealth, cunning, and your environment. The heroes have all of the gadgets and equipment Batman has through the solo campaign.

After the battle has been raging for awhile, Joker and Bane become unlock-able. Each supervillain has unique movesets. Bane, for example, is a bulldozer of a man, great in melee comfrontations, who can pummel others with his fists and can soak up heavier damage from gunfire. He can even pick up an enemy and toss them as a weapon, or unleash doom with a heavy rocket-launcher. The Joker is deadlier at a distance, armed with two custom handguns - the Ace of Spades - an explosive hand cannon with a ton of splash damage, and the King of Hearts - a one-shot kill weapon that requires a more careful aim. When caught up close, Joker can give pursuers a lethal jolt with his Joy Buzzer.

Playing solo campaign with unlock as-yet-unspecified items in multiplayer mode.

For more details, read through these articles with this information + more: http://au.ign.com/articles/2013/07/31/multiplayer-comes-to-batman-arkham-origins
And (credit to randomdude for this link): http://au.gamespot.com/features/batman-arkham-origins-invisible-predator-online-6412250/?tag=Topslot;Slot1
See the multiplayer mode trailer here:

NoxiousDonny

"Cheap Grubber"
here's to finally being able to "jason todd" a guy in an arkham game!
How do we know it's Jason Todd though?

Looks like him.

By the way thanks for the gamespot link, I will update the post with credit to you.

Just finished reading it. Sounds awesome.

Pretty cool how we can have a multiplayer fight betweet Batman and Joker, for example. :)

How do we know it's Jason Todd though?

Looks like him.

By the way thanks for the gamespot link, I will update the post with credit to you.

Just finished reading it. Sounds awesome.

Pretty cool how we can have a multiplayer fight betweet Batman and Joker, for example. :)
that's what you call it when you beat a young boy with a crowbar.

Joker's Shoes

Now Simply Extraordinaire
Anyone know of a place where they keep track of the preorder bonuses/stuff you get for showing up to the midnight release? So far all I know of is the Deathstroke DLC for preorders (doesn't matter from where) and PS3 gets a free DLC costume. Although sometimes different retailers offer different incentives. Got a keychain from Futureshop after Arkham City came out.

NA, Australia, New Zealand Collector's Edition:

UK, Europe Collector's Edition:

So far no mentions of differing incentives from different retailers.