What's new

Batman: Arkham Origins Discussion Thread

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I hear ya...but look what the prequel game did for Tomb Raider recently. Amazing!
Like I said I don't hate all prequel games. I mean there is TR, the first two GOW prequels (Ascension is ass) and a few others out there. I'm just always skeptical at first is all lol.

Cruz

Banned
Awesome, hope Deathstroke is playable in the challenge maps and they have a Catwoman DLC story with the Falcone family.

Sasarix

"Heaven Will Fall!"
I just got around to picking up Arkham City and beating it and I have to say I am hyped as hell for another in the series. If Rocksteady has faith in these guys making the game then I do cause Rocksteady hasn't let me down yet.

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
Deathstrokes been getting a lot of love lately.

Being controversial in this game means people actually... know about him. He had an awesome chapter too.
And in the arrow TV show.
And hes the main marketing tool of this game.

haketh

Noob
Content like that should not be Preorder bonus, why withhold content from me for buying your game? Hopefully Amazon is the only retail chain with soemthign like this as a PO bonus.

JaredL

Content like that should not be Preorder bonus, why withhold content from me for buying your game? Hopefully Amazon is the only retail chain with soemthign like this as a PO bonus.
State of the industry.

It will probably cost $10 to buy or be a timed exclusive.

Its bullshit, but its how it works today.

NoxiousDonny

"Cheap Grubber"
I know I'm going to have to pre-order to play as Deathstroke day 1... now I really, really, really hope Arkham Origins is good.

Also people, Kevin Conroy is officially voicing Batman in Arkham Origins! Despite what the rumours said!

JaredL

I know I'm going to have to pre-order to play as Deathstroke day 1... now I really, really, really hope Arkham Origins is good.

Also people, Kevin Conroy is officially voicing Batman in Arkham Origins! Despite what the rumours said!
It seemed bad honestly.

No Conroy and no Rocksteady. I'm still worried about the lack of Rocksteady. These guys are awesome, and they have their studio like 20 minutes from my house.

NoxiousDonny

"Cheap Grubber"
It seemed bad honestly.

No Conroy and no Rocksteady. I'm still worried about the lack of Rocksteady. These guys are awesome, and they have their studio like 20 minutes from my house.
Yeah, but still at least there's Conroy. Deathstroke seems like a cool character choice to be playable, and I like the idea of New Gotham and the sky scrapers and everything. And the combat will be the same goodness from the others.

NoxiousDonny

"Cheap Grubber"
So, just a few things we know for those who aren't up to date on all of the info:
- Deathstroke is officially a playable character through pre-order DLC.

- Arkham Origin's younger Batman will be voiced by Roger Craig Smith, who voiced Chris Redfield in recent Resident Evil, Ezio in Assassin's Creed II/Brotherhood/Revelations, and apparently does sounds a bit like Conroy. BUT, Kevin Conroy, who voiced Batman in Arkham Asylum/City, will be playing a role in "the next Arkham game". So he could be narrating or something like that.

- Troy Baker, who voiced Batman/Two Face/Sinestro in LEGO Batman 2: DC Superheroes, Joel in The Last of Us, Robin/Two Face in Arkham City, Sinestro/Nightwing from Injustice and many more, will be voicing the Joker

- Deathstroke, Black Mask, Anarky, The Joker and Bane will appear in Arkham Origins.

- The map is suppose to be twice the size of Arkham City, having the Arkham City map with many changes, plus "New Gotham", a fancier part of Gotham with skyscrapers, etc.

More info on this Kotaku article: http://kotaku.com/the-next-batman-game-still-has-a-lot-to-prove-508836920?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Twitter&utm_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow

I for one am looking forward to this game, and once the editions/pre-order bonuses are announced I will be pre-order to play as Deathstroke.