What's new

Batman: Arkham Origins Discussion Thread

EGGXI

Scary Bat
So, guess I have something to get ridiculously hype about after Injustice, hopefully Injustice will keep me busy until whatever this ends up being rolls around!

...that Deathstroke design looks awfully familiar eh?

EDIT: OH FFS! I misspelled Arkham... someone correct please!

I feel so dirty, and ashamed of myself I haven't played Arkham City yet, and I am pretty into DC, not as big as JaeRoar, but yeah.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I'm not sold yet. I hate prequel games for the most part, so they will have to give me a reason to like this one when I could've gotten a story that takes place after all that crazy sheet in Arkham City.

The Dark Knight

The World's Greatest Detective
Deathstroke XD

well looks like fun

I beat all the previous games, well I still need to beat all the dlc though.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
I like the Arkham games, can you imagine how they might design a Superman boss fight?! In a big open world? You have to try and hide behind old lead lined buildings to hide from his sight, one hit and your dead type deal would be cool, or I think so anyway.

Very interested to see why Deathstroke is the first image shown, not the most well-known and well Joker was obviously the villain of the first game and I think Hugo Strange was the first villain shown for the second?

EDIT: 8 Assassins come to Gotham to try and kill the Bat early in his career. Also the other thread has a sort of trailer/featurette and is probably better.

Miller's All Star Batman and Robin is terrible.
I'm not saying they need to make Batman a laughing, "I'm the Goddamned Batman", crunch bones for fun, psycho. I just think it would be cool if the Justice League is meeting him for the first time any aren't yet sure if he's a hero or villain.

I feel so dirty, and ashamed of myself I haven't played Arkham City yet, and I am pretty into DC, not as big as JaeRoar, but yeah.
I'm typically don't by the 3rd person action games but the Arkham games have been fantastic. I still re-play the challenge maps from time to time, particularly the Arkham City maps where you can also use Nightwing, Robin and Catwoman. A perfect way to pass the time between now and April 16.

tazzmission

Banned
The JLA title might be that Infinite Crisis (MMO?) game that was announced.
gangster squad writter wrote a script for the jla movie and was called terrible

this is an article about rocksteady from last year

Variety reports that Warner Bros. are moving ahead with plans to increase audience awareness of the Justice League before their planned big screen debut in 2015. This will include an new title from Rocksteady (the developers of best-selling and critically acclaimed titles Batman: Arkham Asylum and Batman: Arkham City), who are said to be hard at work on a video game which is described by the site as a, "New, highly stylized title is being developed as a prequel that revolves around Batman's first meeting with the Joker. It's based on the Silver Age of DC's comicbooks from the 1950s when the Caped Crusader teamed with other heroes like Superman and founded the Justice League of America." The currently untitled game isn't expected to be released until 2014 at the earliest.
Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=63480#cUVU7jmiUYjIpWxl.99

Reptile Orion

A Fire Will Rise.
Great news. I loved Arkham Asylum and Arkham City. My only issue is that Rocksteady will not be involved. The game is being developed by Warner Bros. Games Montreal.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
I'm not sold yet. I hate prequel games for the most part, so they will have to give me a reason to like this one when I could've gotten a story that takes place after all that crazy sheet in Arkham City.
I hear ya...but look what the prequel game did for Tomb Raider recently. Amazing!

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Hope you get to fight some of them. Since it's an origin story maybe they don't know what to make of Batman, sort of like Frank Miller's "Batman and Robin":

Holy shit...I don't know anything about the comics...but why is Wonder Woman talking like a psychopath here...?