What's new

Video/Tutorial Batgirl - Official Reveal Gameplay Trailer w/ Back Story + New Joker Skin

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Why I don't like Batgirl (spoilers ahead). Also, it's been a while since I've read them so I might be missing some things or get some stuff wrong, correct me if I do.

zydrate101

There are good points to this comic, don't get me wrong, however these points just bring the comic down in my eyes.

Her fear of guns: She freezes the first time she sees one, costs a life, says "never again" or some such thing and that's it. This is a great opportunity to see her overcome her fear of this thing that paralyzed her, perhaps by being apprehensive to go back out after that. But it's like "I failed once, I won't again", that's a hasty resolution to her fear in my eyes considering what happened to her.

A lot of unnecessary inner dialogue: Batgirl seems to talk at length about everything she's thinking about, what's going on around her, what she just did, what she's doing, what she's about to do, what she needs to do, what others are doing, what others mean, etc....This is a nitpicky thing but, honestly, she seems to talk in her head more than Spider-man does in his and against his baddies combined. It's just not needed and it gets boring to hear her every thought about every thing.

It feels like she can't carry her own book: You have a issue practically all about her and Nightwing fighting and when they were kids, 1 1/5 issue with Bruce/Batman and her having to fight him/what happened when she was shot, an issue for Batwoman, half an issue of Black Canary, the illusions to past events in the Bat verse in her titles/simply redoing things (The Killing Joke- Revisited, Knightfall). I don't believe she had an arc of just her yet.

Her portion of "Death of the Family" : I simply didn't enjoy most of this. Them replaying the same scenario with her mother; her getting "weak" for a moment and remembering everything when the clowns come in despite her being over guns themselves;....You know, I had problems with DotF in general so this is whatever actually.

This rest is small stuff, like her brother, and really don't need to be touched on IMO. It's just not an enjoyable book to me and this isn't my "Bat hate" or whatever as I've really enjoyed Detective Comics and the "Night of the Owls" storyline, Batgirl is just boring to me.

Am I the only one who thinks that $4.99 for a costume pack is absurd?

KILLA_xGHOST

Costume packs are 3 bucks. Pretty much a dollar per outfit.

Gh0sty

ばかみたいに無料
i thought the costume packs were 2 bucks?
I stand corrected. You're right, it is $2.99. I was just adding up the cost of everything available right now and I got confused (it doesn't take much lol). Btw

Battle edition - $149.99
3 skin packs - 8.97
Season pass- $14.99
----------------------------
$173.95

.....and they're nowhere near done yet.

KILLA_xGHOST

trufenix

bye felicia
That's why I said I wish but I know we're not gonna get them. I'm just trying to get the mindset behind her inclusion because "she's popular so she'll sell more" doesn't seem to hold a lot of weight when Freddy, who is a thousand times more well-known than Babs, sold a mere 2k more (by the numbers we have) than Skarlet, a character that had never been included in MK as a fighter before.
But we don't need to know the numbers to know that's the obvious truth. Its not like WB is fishing in unknown waters with the millions of dollars it costs to develop and promote a character. Market research said Freddy was the "safe" play, so they backed it. Obviously it paid off because they're still making the safe plays.

Dunno if you mean me but I never complained about being "tricked", I would've bought all the characters even if there wasn't a season pass.
Nah man, you and like 5 other people who fight these wars have brains. I genuinely respect your input, but you're the CLEAR minority.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
But we don't need to know the numbers to know that's the obvious truth. Its not like WB is fishing in unknown waters with the millions of dollars it costs to develop and promote a character. Market research said Freddy was the "safe" play, so they backed it. Obviously it paid off because they're still making the safe plays.

Nah man, you and like 5 other people who fight these wars have brains. I genuinely respect your input, but you're the CLEAR minority.

Lobo and Zod aren't really "safe" and I don't know how safe Scorpion is considering. But I get it.

Oh, I know I'm in the minority, the opinion goes on though.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Wow...its like Whip from KoF had a love child with Sonya, Mileena and Wesker.
Batgirl looks AMAZING.

I love how they wanted to show how good her overhead teleport is so they had Joker lay down the teeth for the low, setup for the pie and she dodged BOTH to get the teleport command grab. Sooooo good.

trufenix

bye felicia
before it was announced how? robin was dismissed because Nightwing is in but hes more popular that Batgirl easily and literally could have the same moveset as her.
Uh, Robin's not in the game because NRS wrote a story that requires Dick Grayson and Damian Wayne to be adults. There is no robin in the Injustice universe to include.

Batgirl isnt a huge character shes known because shes the girl counterpart of Batman. Casual fans would recognize her more than Power Girl but supergirl would be about the same or more. i didnt see or hear anyone irl or online ask or wonder about if she was in or why not i heard some for Robin but not for her. so idk where youre getting that tbh
Again, explain Batgirl's inclusion. Even if you believe WB held Ed Boon at gun point and demanded her inclusion, why would they do that if not because they thought she had bigger fans that PGirl, Robin, Supergirl, any of those guys? Either NRS thinks she's the bigger character, WB thinks she's the bigger character, or DC thinks she's the bigger character. No Twitter poll can reverse that.

zydrate101

XBL: zydrate101
Why I don't like Batgirl (spoilers ahead). Also, it's been a while since I've read them so I might be missing some things or get some stuff wrong, correct me if I do.

zydrate101

There are good points to this comic, don't get me wrong, however these points just bring the comic down in my eyes.

Her fear of guns: She freezes the first time she sees one, costs a life, says "never again" or some such thing and that's it. This is a great opportunity to see her overcome her fear of this thing that paralyzed her, perhaps by being apprehensive to go back out after that. But it's like "I failed once, I won't again", that's a hasty resolution to her fear in my eyes considering what happened to her.

A lot of unnecessary inner dialogue: Batgirl seems to talk at length about everything she's thinking about, what's going on around her, what she just did, what she's doing, what she's about to do, what she needs to do, what others are doing, what others mean, etc....This is a nitpicky thing but, honestly, she seems to talk in her head more than Spider-man does in his and against his baddies combined. It's just not needed and it gets boring to hear her every thought about every thing.

It feels like she can't carry her own book: You have a issue practically all about her and Nightwing fighting and when they were kids, 1 1/5 issue with Bruce/Batman and her having to fight him/what happened when she was shot, an issue for Batwoman, half an issue of Black Canary, the illusions to past events in the Bat verse in her titles/simply redoing things (The Killing Joke- Revisited, Knightfall). I don't believe she had an arc of just her yet.

Her portion of "Death of the Family" : I simply didn't enjoy most of this. Them replaying the same scenario with her mother; her getting "weak" for a moment and remembering everything when the clowns come in despite her being over guns themselves;....You know, I had problems with DotF in general so this is whatever actually.

This rest is small stuff, like her brother, and really don't need to be touched on IMO. It's just not an enjoyable book to me and this isn't my "Bat hate" or whatever as I've really enjoyed Detective Comics and the "Night of the Owls" storyline, Batgirl is just boring to me.

Costume packs are 3 bucks. Pretty much a dollar per outfit.
It's unrealistic for her to just say I can deal with guns after a situation like that. I like her inner dialogue it makes me feel like I have a connection with Barbra . The whole mother thing I like as well I do agree the brother thing could of been done better . It's not a perfect series but Gail Simone sure puts her heart and soul into it and i can respect it . Black canary was in it for like 2 seconds that don't even count .