What's new

Bank of Perfect Legend: INJ ranking system

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
ONLY in the NRS community does a patch make your past accomplishments null and void, unless we like you.

Bravo, "community". You've reminded me of many things I'd forgotten about you.
Yea

But we like u so ........

coolwhip

Noob
Top 10 List updated

Top 10 of patch 1.06:
1st : @FOREVER KING | 21 points
2nd : @RG Rico Suave | 14 points
3rd : @GGA pimpimjim | 12 points
3rd : @KDZ | 12 points
4th : @EMPEROR_THEO | 11 points
4th : @EMPEROR_JUPITER | 11 points
5th : @WoundCowboy | 10 points
6th : @GGA Max | 7 points
7th : @R.E.O. | 6 points
7th : @DarthArma | 6 points
That's why I don't agree with @AK Pig Of The Hut. Now Pig knows how much I respect him, and I'm the biggest GGA supporter here, but I can't with good conscience place PPJ ahead of KDZ. EVO counts. The man is the most accomplished Injustice player right now, and it's lunacy to just say pre-1.06 doesn't count for anything.

GGA Max

That's why I don't agree with @AK Pig Of The Hut. Now Pig knows how much I respect him, and I'm the biggest GGA supporter here, but I can't with good consciences place PPJ ahead of KDZ. EVO counts. The man is the most accomplished Injustice player right now, and it's lunacy to just say pre-1.06 doesn't count for anything.
Yes, EVO absolutely has to count in the "new" lists.

coolwhip

Noob
Yes, EVO absolutely has to count in the "new" lists.
Plus, I would understand saying someone's accomplishments don't count for much if they ONLY had success pre-patch, but since KDZ just won a major a week ago, I think it's fair to say it validates his EVO win.

coolwhip

Noob
I think because most of us remember the MK9 era so fondly, we want to re-create some of its aspects in Injustice. For example, the top players were pretty much know in MK9, and while we can debate certain placements (Gross is top 5, obviously), we pretty much had a clear idea as to which players belonged in which tier. And though the game did have plenty of upsets, consistent top 8 placers were know. Injustice isn't like that yet. The game has only been out for less than a year, we're only a few months removed from a patch, and in the grand scheme of things, we haven't had that many majors to clearly determine where does each player belong. All we've seen is a huge number of players doing well in different tournaments, though some who placed very high in one failed to deliver in another, which speaks to the quality of competition. I know deep down inside, we'd all feel a bit more "comfortable" if everything was fleshed out, but it isn't, so we only need to wait and see.

Jim

Emperor of the Moon
Since no one was dying to hear what I have to say about this, here is what I have to say about this. I agree with @Perfect Legend, I get the point @AK Pig Of The Hut raises about only counting the latest version but the patches, even as big as they are aren't enough to say it is 100% a new game. Thing is I think we need to just use a system like this with a time limit of say 9 months or so and use that as a cut off for what counts/doesn't count. Can't make more than one major in 9 months, oh well you don't get placed right in the bracket.

We need some system and this one seems pretty good to me. Plus maybe it will bring back four hour long rants from Tom Brady about how he doesn't care about player ranking while only talking about player ranking.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I think because most of us remember the MK9 era so fondly, we want to re-create some of its aspects in Injustice. For example, the top players were pretty much know in MK9, and while we can debate certain placements (Gross is top 5, obviously), we pretty much had a clear idea as to which players belonged in which tier. And though the game did have plenty of upsets, consistent top 8 placers were know. Injustice isn't like that yet. .
I would feel pretty confident saying right now that KDZ, Denzell, Rico, DarthArma, King and a few other guys have rightfully earned their spots as "top players". There are plenty of unknowns, but there are also people who've proven themselves to be in that "top tier" already -- and there's not much that can take that away from them.

Last edited:

coolwhip

Noob
I would feel pretty confident saying right now that KDZ, Denzell, Rico, DarthArma, King and a few other guys have rightfully earned their spots as "top players". There are plenty of unknowns, but there are also people who've proven themselves to be in that "top tier" already -- and there's not much that can take that away from them.

And really when you look back at MK9, there were just as many guys that had off nights or would be upset. Dizzy, MIT, DetroitBallin, Curbolicious, m2dave, Tyrant, PL, ForeverKing, Wafflez, Crazy Dominican, Riu48 all had their big triumphs, and also tournaments where they didn't make as much noise as expected, didn't make it out of pools, or didn't make Top 8. While there were some extremely consistent placers for streaks like Pig, Bit, Maxter and REO, there was also a lot of fluctuation going on throughout the game's life.
OK, then create a semi accurate Injustice top players list, and we'll see how much it olds up in 2 year's time. We can't possibly compare a game in which we gathered data over a 2+ year period to a game in which just last week, most thought the EVO champ was washed up.

Some players have already cemented their status for sure, but creating a list at this point is premature. You say that NOW, yet 10 days ago you probably would have mentioned Wound Cowboy on that list while being reluctant to name KDZ. Obviously some players have already earned top player status, but can you really tell me we absolutely know where Max belongs in the conversation? Nubcakes? These guys have been to one major each and have done extremely well, while also producing some great local results. In a few months' time, one of them might be on everyone's top 5-10 list once they get the chance to prove it over a number of tourneys/majors, or a year from now, we might remember Nubcakes as a one major wonder (I'm not saying we will. This is a hypothetical, of course). What about 16 Bit or Harold? Do we absolutely know where they stand?

At this point in MK9's life, Pig of the Hut was merely a "good Mileena player." A year later, he enjoyed a top 8 reign of terror. Again, while we obviously have an idea as to where some players currently belong, there's still plenty left. By the end of MK's life, Dizzy was a bonafied top 10 player on msot all time lists. At this point in MK9's life, he wasn't even in the conversation.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
OK, then create a semi accurate Injustice top players list, and we'll see how much it olds up in 2 year's time. We can't possibly compare a game in which we gathered data over a 2+ year period to a game in which just last week, most thought the EVO champ was washed up.

Some players have already cemented their status for sure, but creating a list at this point is premature. You say that NOW, yet 10 days ago you probably would have mentioned Wound Cowboy on that list while being reluctant to name KDZ. Obviously some players have already earned top player status, but can you really tell me we absolutely know where Max belongs in the conversation? Nubcakes? These guys have been to one major each and have done extremely well, while also producing some great local results. In a few months' time, one of them might be on everyone's top 5-10 list once they get the chance to prove it over a number of tourneys/majors, or a year from now, we might remember Nubcakes as a one major wonder (I'm not saying we will. This is a hypothetical, of course). What about 16 Bit or Harold? Do we absolutely know where they stand?
I don't think anyone is expecting these lists to hold up a year from now. They're just a summary of things to date. It wasn't to say "this is set in stone and will always/only be this way".

Cowboy has placed Top 3 at 2 majors already + won a regional and still deserves to be on the list until proven otherwise. My shortlist was only a sampling of examples and not a comprehensive list.

I don't think this differs from MK9 as there were many great players like Xblades, Shoryuken, Pboard, Krayzie, m2dave, Showtime, Gross, Noobe, Big D etc. that had very indeterminate or up/down status throughout the life of the game.

Last edited:
Since no one was dying to hear what I have to say about this, here is what I have to say about this. I agree with @Perfect Legend, I get the point @AK Pig Of The Hut raises about only counting the latest version but the patches, even as big as they are aren't enough to say it is 100% a new game. Thing is I think we need to just use a system like this with a time limit of say 9 months or so and use that as a cut off for what counts/doesn't count. Can't make more than one major in 9 months, oh well you don't get placed right in the bracket.

We need some system and this one seems pretty good to me. Plus maybe it will bring back four hour long rants from Tom Brady about how he doesn't care about player ranking while only talking about player ranking.

yeah guys lets just take away everyones wins

I dont care what anybody says KDZ won evo, then won tfc which is supposed to be the east coast evo a few months later and then he won winter brawl recently. so the 2 biggest majors and a recent major with normalised superman and he DID place at other tourneys which people would like to downplay as a fluke. This guys is nr1 undisputed. I dont see how people can argue this if they think logically.

Last edited:
also I understand this argument of injustice is a different game now and other players might be better, by that logic their accomplishments would have to overcome ''washed up players'' like kdz, perfect legend and tom brady over time. so overtime they might get better than these mentioned players but make them actually accomplish it first before you put the crown on their head. I dont think this is something ''unfair'' to ask of these newer top players.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
also I understand this argument of injustice is a different game now and other players might be better, by that logic their accomplishments would have to overcome ''washed up players'' like kdz, perfect legend and tom brady over time. so overtime they might get better than these mentioned players but make them actually accomplish it first before you put the crown on their head. I dont think this is something ''unfair'' to ask of these newer top players.
U still count kabal pre patch wins?

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
This thread right here is why I will never EVER devote my time to be a pro FGC player.

I would rather spend an hour a day and be able to beat 65 percent of people that I play than 8 hours a day to beat 95, get my ass hurt if I don't place, and have to create a thread to make myself feel important.

Fucking hell people suck sometimes.

Last edited: