What's new

Bank of Perfect Legend: INJ ranking system

4x4lo8o

Noob
This needs to get said more. Over and over. Loudly.
Why? It's completely besides the point.

The discussion is about pros and cons of ranking systems and what's most accurate. Right now some systems skew towards the east coast because of a lack of tournaments on the west coast. The fact that Arizona and NorCal could theoretically start hosting their own tournaments doesn't change the fact that right now they don't and it hurts the ranks of those players.

I want regular tournaments in Arizona more than anyone and am working to make them happen and frankly being told "no one's stopping you"(and in a thread about a stupid ranking system that nobody in my scene even cares about) is really annoying and discouraging. it's not laziness that's stopping us. There's a lot of obstacles and having people from other places with larger, established scenes and tournaments talking about how no one's stopping us doesn't help us at all. If you have advice about growing a scene or want to help in some way I welcome that, but claiming that we're simply chosing to not have tournaments and that people need to shout about it isn't productive

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast

The discussion is about pros and cons of ranking systems and what's most accurate. Right now some systems skew towards the east coast because of a lack of tournaments on the west coast. The fact that Arizona and NorCal could theoretically start hosting their own tournaments doesn't change the fact that right now they don't and it hurts the ranks of those players.

I want regular tournaments in Arizona more than anyone and am working to make them happen and frankly being told "no one's stopping you"(and in a thread about a stupid ranking system that nobody in my scene even cares about) is really annoying. There's a lot of obstacles and having people from other places with larger, established scenes and tournaments talking about how no one's stopping us doesn't help us at all. If you have advice about growing a scene or want to help in some way I welcome that, but claiming that we're simply chosing to not have tournaments and that people need to shout about it isn't productive
I think the point is that we could eliminate the "so and so ranking system skews favor towards the east!" talking point if there were weekly tournies started in the west, and then it could theoretically be simpler to settle on a ranking system

4x4lo8o

Noob
I think the point is that we could eliminate the "so and so ranking system skews favor towards the east!" talking point if there were weekly tournies started in the west, and then it could theoretically be simpler to settle on a ranking system
Honestly, chosing a different ranking system is probably a simpler solution. A ranking system isn't the thing that's going to get tournaments going, so I don't know why saying over and over again, loudly, that no one's stopping us from starting tournaments is going to do anything other than offend those of us who don't have scenes with weekly tournaments and are working to get our scenes to that point

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
The truth is, east coast/midwest travels to west coast majors. Even if it's in small numbers. How often do you hear about a WNF player flying out to ec for a tournament? It's not that often. So, are we going to create a point system that caters to the wc for not traveling or would you prefer to create a point system for the majority that travels? No reason to punish the ec because the wc doesn't travel. fuck yea...I said it.

The truth is, east coast/midwest travels to west coast majors. Even if it's in small numbers. How often do you hear about a WNF player flying out to ec for a tournament? It's not that often. So, are we going to create a point system that caters to the wc for not traveling or would you prefer to create a point system for the majority that travels? No reason to punish the ec because the wc doesn't travel. fuck yea...I said it.
i'm sure WC players could care less lol, we have no issue being bracket busters :)

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Randomness is fair tho.

Know what's not fair?

Getting a pool where you are matched up with someone who may not be seeded, like lets say MIT who is a phenominal player. Then, you have to play Pig Of The Hut who just got a bye into the second round because he had a seed.

If you do manage to beat MIT you face Pig, if you lose to MIT you will have to eventually face him again in losers.

Seeds are only worthwhile if EVERYONE gets paid an amount in tournament. If they don't, random it up.
Dat Joker Logic??

Well, if it was properly seeded then I'm sure others would have at least two good players in their pools. Either way, I'm a bit indifferent as long as there is regional seeding. Don't want to play my training partner first round or anyone I play often if I kan avoid it.

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.

I want regular tournaments in Arizona more than anyone and am working to make them happen and frankly being told "no one's stopping you"(and in a thread about a stupid ranking system that nobody in my scene even cares about) is really annoying and discouraging. it's not laziness that's stopping us. There's a lot of obstacles and having people from other places with larger, established scenes and tournaments talking about how no one's stopping us doesn't help us at all. If you have advice about growing a scene or want to help in some way I welcome that, but claiming that we're simply chosing to not have tournaments and that people need to shout about it isn't productive
I didn't mean regarding a ranking system, I just meant in general. I feel like people kinda have this animosity towards the East Coast at times because we have several local scenes and frequent majors, but it's always within the power of any scene to hold tournaments on any scale. You just need to find locations to hold them and generate interest. I know this is over-simplifying things to some extent, but it seems as people think it's this impossible feat rather than something that's very do-able with a little effort.

This ranking system only accounts for Injustice Major Tournaments. Not locals or regionals.

For a tournament to be considered a major it has to have quality competition. The quantity doesn't matter as much but needs to be healthy.

Rules:
A Major is a tournament with quality players from all or most regions
Top 16 only matters at EVO, TFC
Top 8 only matters at majors
Top 16 does not matter at majors unless it is huge like 100 or more people and healthy with top players.
This ranking only counts majors.
If you have only got top 8 once you can't be on this list.
EVO is worth 50 pts, Major 10 pts
2nd place at a major is 4 pts, 3rd place is 3 points, 4th-8th is 1 pt each
2nd place at evo 10 pts, 3rd is 4 pts, 4th-8th is 3 pts, 9th-16th is 1 pts

Civil war, ECT, UFGT, CEO, EVO, VXG, SJ, TFC, NEC, KIT, SCR, WB are all being used. (KIT and SCR are suspect as majors and are still being debated on if they are majors)

I will now post every major placing 1st - 7th in order
Civil War 1st reo, 2nd tom, 3rd chris g 4th Mr Aquaman, 5th art/killinator, 7th nerdjosh, mh alukard
ECT: 1st - 7th: Tom, Reo, ChrisG, Jr, DragonGod, Insayne, Jailhouse
UFGT: Chris G, Wound, Arturo, Slips, King/God Speed, Alucard/Dizzy
CEO: ChrisG, PL, KDZ, Deg, Jr/Reo, Rico/Saltface
EVO: KDZ, DJT, Chris G, Slayer, Theo/Godspeed, Reo/PRrog
VxG: PL, Chris G, KDZ, Warchild, Waffles/Jr, Curbo/Prrog
SJ: Rico, King, Chris G, Arma, riyo/khaotic, p2w/reo
TFC: KDZ, King, Wound, Rico, P2w/sonic fox, 7l/saltface
NEC: PPJ, Tyrant, Ducky, Noobe, grr/theo, king/arma
KIT: King, Max, Saltface, harold, Goomba/pig, ppj/16bit
SCR: Theo, DJT, King, Chef, Whiteboi/nubcakes, kinghippo/steve
WB: KDZ, Sonicfox, Zyphox, Tom, viking/arma, jupiter/ironsword

People who have won majors are above everyone else and these players are and in order:
KDZ with EVO win + TFC and Winterbrawl
Chris G with 2 Major wins back to back
Reo, Perfect Legend, Rico, Tom, King, Theo, PPJ all have a major win.

The above are literally the top 10 well the top 9.

Players with major win and top 3 placings

Chris G with 7 top 3 placings
KDZ with 5
King with 4
Reo, Tom, PL, Wound, DJT with 2
Rico, Theo, PPJ, Saltface with 1

Tournaments wins, top 3's and top 8 placings

Reo: 1st, 2nd, 5th, 7th, 7th: Civil War, ECT, CEO, EVO, SJ
Tom: 2nd, 1st, 4th: Civil War, ECT, WB
Chris G: 3rd, 3rd, 1st, 1st, 3rd, 2nd, 3rd: CW, ECT, UFGT, CEO, EVO, VxG, SJ
CdJr: 4th, 5th, 5th: ECT, CEO, VXG
Wound: 2nd, 3rd UFGT, TFC
KDZ: 2nd, 1st, 3rd, 1st, 1st: CEO, EVO, VxG, TFC, WB
Rico: 7th, 1st, 4th: CEO, SJ, TFC
King: 5th, 2nd, 2nd, 7th, 1st, 3rd: UFGT, TFC, NEC, KIT, SCR
Theo: 5th, 5th, 1st: EVO, NEC, SCR
Arma: 4th, 7th, 5th: NEC, SJ, WB
PPJ: 1st, 7th NEC, KIT
DJT: 2nd, 2nd EVO SCR
Sonic Fox: 5th, 2nd: TFC, WB
P2W: 7th, 5th: SJ, TFC
Saltface: 7th, 7th, 3rd: CEO, SJ, KIT
PL: 2nd, 1st: CEO, VxG

Ranking:
1st. KDZ
2nd: Chris G
3rd: King
4th: Perfect Legend, Tom Brady, Reo, Theo, Rico, PPJ
5th: Darth Arma, Saltface, Sonic Fox, Wound Cowboy, Denzell Terry
6th: CDJR, Playing to Win
Is it just me or something doesn't look right???????? Did PL and KDZ share a 2nd place at CEO?