What's new

Balance Suggestions: Perfect Legend, M2Dave, Forever King, THTB and PLAYING TO W1N

Hated Greatness

Super Villain
And before i fucking go...that instant Trait activation for Shazam is the single stupidest thing i've ever heard. Whoever posted that didn't think it through.

You know how broken that would make shazam. Trait hits so hard right now that off of a b3, jump 3 112 it does 42%? At least with Supes you have to get em in the corner, use a bar and rely on execution.

Shazam would be able to do that shit midscreen. WTF if you want to make a character better you don't go all out and brake him...
Single handidly the best example of someone speaking on a character they know nothing of I havr seen on TYM. Giving him trait speed of Superman and Black Adam would make him viable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4

Also, "Lex has an infinite that works on half the cast but no one knows about it!"

Is complete BS.

I get tired of seeing these "There's incredibly awesome tech that makes this character super powerful, but it's my secret!" post.

It basically is trying to get credit for "knowing" something without actually having to prove you know it.

If a finding isn't subject to peer-review, you can't consider it true.

SilverKeyMan

Dropping Combos like a MotherFucker!
@Perfect Legend, @general m2dave, @PLAYING TO W1N, @FOREVER KING and @THTB

Is no one taking accountability for requesting Nightwing nerfs? None of you have it listed as part of your individual contributions so far as I can tell.
It is true that NRS is looking at this list, but my sources tell me that Nightwing will receive no changes, so you have nothing to worry about.
Nightwing doesn't need nerfed or buffed, he's fine as is
In all honesty, I think Nightwing is fine. I admittedly don't know some of his functionality issues, so I can't comment anyway.
If all of you are suggesting that Nightwing is fine as he is, and nobody is willing to take credit for the nerf suggestion, why not just delete it?

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Also, "Lex has an infinite that works on half the cast but no one knows about it!"

Is complete BS.

I get tired of seeing these "There's incredibly awesome tech that makes this character super powerful, but it's my secret!" post.

It basically is trying to get credit for "knowing" something without actually having to prove you know it.

If a finding isn't subject to peer-review, you can't consider it true.

It is true. While I don't know if he knows what it is I know that it exists from super top secret sources. If I was able to find it I would post it though

ando1184

Noob
I would also like them to BUFF the invincibility on Green Arrows Super. It doesn't last long at all and seems like it goes away right after he releases the arrow. I say this because I was fighting an aquaman last night and he knocked me down in the corner and did MB b3, I woke up and Supered but after I saw what he was doing and instead of it hitting me and my Super going through, I got level transitioned?!? Also, there have been times where I would do Super and the opponent would do a jumping 3 and it would knock down arrow. His initial arrow from the unblockable part of the Super connects but the rest of the animation doesn't happen. It just knocks em sky high and Arrow doesn't even recover from being knocked down to add anything else. Sorry for the tangent guys but Green Arrow needs glitch fixes and Buffs, NOT NERFS!

AK elitegoomba

http://www.twitch.tv/elitegoomba
reading this, I'm realizing my personal balance list would be a looooong list. there's a lot of silly shit in this game...

NO mention of interactables though? we're still OK with 20% unblockable, armored, guarenteed corner escapes huh?

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
reading this, I'm realizing my personal balance list would be a looooong list. there's a lot of silly shit in this game...

NO mention of interactables though? we're still OK with 20% unblockable, armored, guarenteed corner escapes huh?
Depending on the interactable, it's not always guaranteed if MB'd. There's actually very few people who actually play around interactables and punish them properly.

It is true. While I don't know if he knows what it is I know that it exists from super top secret sources. If I was able to find it I would post it though
If there's really an infinite, you might want to take a look at this and see what you can get with it.

http://testyourmight.com/threads/mb-grav-mine-glitch-exploit.36836/

I haven't found much use for it, but it's something I don't think anyone knows about (I've searched google, youtube, these forums, and found nothing- I did report it on the bug thread though). If Lex has an infinite, it might be using this; since it is one of the very, very, few areas which hasn't been completely scoped out.

Xev

Noob
I like the list. Especially the option for finding people by region, it's a nightmare on xbl. I shouldn't be matched up with someone on the other side of the world. If the netcode was better I wouldn't mind trying, but it's terrible so no thanks.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Because she is S tier :rolleyes:

She is great dont get me wrong, but she has a lot of bad MUs (Imo)
I for one think her standing Evade could benefit from quicker startup / recovery/ active frames...or something.

Whip specials need a dev pass. Ranges could be looked at as the anti-air whip hitbox is shorter than the standing whip...which is shorter (albeit safer) than the low whip NORMAL. I mean her whip specials are probably her LEAST used moves because they suck compared to her other options. This would never happen but:

Anti-Air whip:
S: Quicker startup, longer/bigger hitbox, MB's into a "groundslam choke" bounce for combo punish.

R: Catwoman's anti-air game is limited as her d2 (even with the universal buff) is lackluster. As it stands, her AA upwhip is slow enough that it has to be done on a read versus a reaction. If that's the case, then the ability to burn a bar on a proper AA read should lead to some decent damage hence the bounce into combo punish.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Batman is fine.

If anything, and I'm being picky, is that his bat swarm should be a proper anti air move.

And his 22 should be be mid - mid, it still wouldn't really mean anything, as you could back dash his b1 or b2 follow up, and crouch under his standing 1.

It would just give him an option from a jump in that low hit box characters cant exploit.

Apart from that, he is completely fine.

MetalPete

MACHKAAAAA!!!!!
I don't want to see Superman's damage decreased, but I don't mind the idea of increasing scaling after certain moves like db3...Or just decrease the amount of damage buffed while in trait.

2 changes I would love to see: Grundy takes a nice step forward with his b3 and Doomsday's trait to work more like armor (or make him have more mild seizures) so half the cast can't d1 him for 5 seconds. I don't even care about how long his trait lasts, but lets make it worth a shit.

Nightwing shouldnt be touched you could simply burn a bar to get him off of you and he's a low damage character with pressure tools that's like taking away Batman's bat

sgZick

Noob
I agree with most of the suggestions, except the Deathstroke part. You claim to be unbiased and accept that balance needs to be done for the tournament and casual audience alike. The initial DS nerf was desperately needed for casual online play, where it was just to hard to counter for a majority of players. I am fine with slight buffs on DS, but not to put him back to his release version.

Yep, I can't take anyone seriously who claims to be "unbiased", yet asks for buffs to Deathstroke, who is by far one of the strongest characters in the game already. I can see the issue with his trait, and something should be done to change/improve that, but aside from that, he needs no buffs whatsoever. I also can't for the life of me see why anyone would think that The Flash needs nerfing at all! The Flash is just fine as he is.

I really hope NRS don't go down the same route for Injustice as they did with MK9, where many of the buffs and especially nerfs, were entirely unnecessary. The hotfixes generally broke just as much as they fixed. My main issue with most people talking about "balance", is that in reality, they just want to make their own characters as strong as possible, and any character who they have difficulty defeating, nerfed. As someone who has no "main" and uses the majority of the character roster (not just in this game, but in beat em' ups generally), I have no pro/anti-character bias at all. I like variety, and a balanced game need not (and indeed, should not) mean that every character is the same strength/weakness wise, with the only difference between characters being their different looking special moves. That would be very boring to me, as it would take a lot of character specific strategy out of the equation in matches. I also have no real issue with tiers in general, it's only a problem if a character is truly OP, or is extremely difficult to win any match with, regardless of match-up.

Right now, I'd say that Superman is the only character who is OP, and I'd have no issue if he was nerfed. In saying that though, he is definitely not as OP as Kung Lao was in his release day state. Other characters need slight tinkering with, like Cyborg's trait which as of now is useless, and Bane's extremely fragile state after using Lv.3 Venom. And perhaps Doomsday's Supernova unblockable needs to be nerfed in some respect, but overall, I think this game is nicely balanced, and doesn't need much doing to it. I've only had the game just over a month, so I don't know how much has already been altered since the game's release, but certainly, the game as it is right now, only needs a little tweaking for it to be just right. :)

sorry for possible offtop, but was there a confirmation that there gonna be a balance patch with compatibility patch on tuesday? or nrs are delaying the balance changes even further?

nerf wonder womans lasso grap ? idea pisses me off.
Yep, Wonder Woman is amongst the vast majority of characters for whom any nerfing would be completely unnecessary. As for increasing Scorpion's damage output, I don't see how he is any different to Green Lantern in that respect, as he has similar damage output, and is on about the same level tier-wise as Scorps, and GL actually has a weaker super move than Scorps. If anything, increasing GL's damage output on his super move outwith combos would be a more valid ask than increasing Scorps' overall damage output. I hear that Scorps was nerfed quite a bit in the last patch, but he's still a strong character as he is now, one of the best, I'd say!

Don't know if someone posted this here already but Lex needs his 11 to hit crouching opponents. It's listed as a mid so it should hit mid. Also his level 1 trait should not cause him to recieve more damage, that needs to be fixed.

I think they can test out increasing the speed of his specials. Yes going over board would break him but even slightly would help. Against many zoners Lex can block a projectile yet not have enough time to do any special (except lance blast in some cases, which isn't great) before they fire off another projectile. I don't think he needs a crazy zoning game but a little improvement to the start up of lance blast would help.