What's new

Guide Azarath, Metrion, Zinthos -- Raven General Discussion Thread

After extensive testing, it doesn't seem to work on anything within a practical range that isn't already punishable on whiff and/or block. I did learn a few things though during my testing so it wasn't a complete waste of time.

Sinestro's fear blasts are punishable on whiff with soul crush. I don't know how that slipped past me. And so is Zod's pistol.

Superman's heat zap (the straight laser) can actually be punished on reaction, although it'd probably be difficult online. Empty Void (instead of simply blocking) works really well on the new and normalised air lasers because even if he MBs the lasers it can be punished within soul crush range, and if you're in demon stance you can grab him with Event Horizon before he touches the ground unless he does them really close to the ground.

And I finally tested if empty void in demon stance actually builds more meter. For regular stance it took 20 absorbed projectiles (Superman's heat zap) to build 1 bar of meter. And in demon stance it took 9. So yeah, a lot more.

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
So looks like Raven has an awesome knockdown set up off b2. If the opponent wakes up instead of rolls it reverses the wake up. If they don't wake up or roll it seems to be an ambiguous cross up or 50/50 or both. If they roll and you can jump forward 2 and it looks like can cross up as well( might depend on walk speed).

Owerbart

I miss you
So looks like Raven has an awesome knockdown set up off b2. If the opponent wakes up instead of rolls it reverses the wake up. If they don't wake up or roll it seems to be an ambiguous cross up or 50/50 or both. If they roll and you can jump forward 2 and it looks like can cross up as well( might depend on walk speed).
Can you post a video? Sorry, I don't understand what you say.

If you end a corner combo with f1,3 and time the crossover jump correctly (which if you do you won't actually crossover) you will reverse their wakeup. I haven't tested this with all characters/wakeups, but its definitely easier for some than others.

For the timing of the jump; jump when they do the second tumble and land on their back.

Speaking of f1,3... Has anyone tried using it as a footsie tool? Kinda gimmicky but it has decent range (more than just b2) and is +3. I've used it a couple times to bait people with a whiffed f1 and they get hit with the 3. And if they do just block it then you're +3.

Blind_Ducky

If you end a corner combo with f1,3 and time the crossover jump correctly (which if you do you won't actually crossover) you will reverse their wakeup. I haven't tested this with all characters/wakeups, but its definitely easier for some than others.

For the timing of the jump; jump when they do the second tumble and land on their back.

Speaking of f1,3... Has anyone tried using it as a footsie tool? Kinda gimmicky but it has decent range (more than just b2) and is +3. I've used it a couple times to bait people with a whiffed f1 and they get hit with the 3. And if they do just block it then you're +3.
I messed with it a while back. I prefer b2.

Sami

Noob
That's because "f22" only exists to fuck up frame data :).

edit: also, fuck yes Steam version nearly out and I can start playing again. Have got FRAPS ready to record some stuff, either tech (sorry, not new!) or matches.

I am still trying to understand what this mean. When do you do the b2 ?

Ignore the b2 because it doesn't matter. You can end combos in f2 lift or d1 lift or whatever into lift as long as the opponent is kept close and if you forward dash and neutral jump the opponents wake up will come out in the other direction.
Oh... Kind of already know that.. I think dask ups on hard knock downs to netural jumps do that with all characters.

It works even better of bgb because you can get a deeper hit. Off the lift characters like grundy and Aquaman can d2 you .

Edit:
Just tested it out not the same thing lol.....

Blind_Ducky

Oh... Kind of already know that.. I think dask ups on hard knock downs to netural jumps do that with all characters.

It works even better of bgb because you can get a deeper hit. Off the lift characters like grundy and Aquaman can d2 you .
The b2 thing was before I found out about this with lift.

Oh shit this is nice. Will definitely help me in the NW match up ! Wake up flip kicks were getting annoying.

When you want to set up wak up reverse set up with the BGB you have to dash under as the go in the back the dash towards .....

The b2 cross up actually has a lot of viability if they do not roll as compared to the lift. With the lift some characters can down 2 the jump with the b2 i don't think it is possible .

The b2 cross up actually has a lot of viability if they do not roll as compared to the lift. With the lift some characters can down 2 the jump with the b2 i don't think it is possible .

Yup. Anyone can d2 it afaik. If they start to d2 me I will dash and do a tech throw or a b1 or something. If you dash and jump forward it will still reverse wakeups, it won't if you jump back though. I don't use it that often because it's pretty easy to beat once the opponent knows they can d2 it. But like you said, ending in b2 gives you enough advantage to stuff any d2 attempts.

I'm starting to see Raven has a pretty varied knock down game.

She has the B2 that sets up for a save cross up on dash knock down if it is not rolled. f22u1 that gives you a safe jump in if now wake up is used is also leave you at just about the right space for a f3. Event horizon which gives you a safe jump in with no wake up and you can also do the dash up netrual just as a little gimmick. 113 give you a safe jump in if you don't do an air move to bait something out. And soul crush also gives you a hard knock down.

I also jsut learned today that you can get a safe trait if you hardknock down with F3 .

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Went to a regional this past weekend and got 9th again(I think). Just making me more and more hungry for top 8. Soon.....

I should have vids up in the next couple days or so if anyone wonders what my Raven looks like :p

Went to a regional this past weekend and got 9th again(I think). Just making me more and more hungry for top 8. Soon.....

I should have vids up in the next couple days or so if anyone wonders what my Raven looks like :p

A friend of mine was there. Apparently you like f3s haha.