What's new

Guide Azarath, Metrion, Zinthos -- Raven General Discussion Thread

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
It's funny because people tell me its scrubby, I just tell them Ducky told me its godlike... But yeah but not only is it effective its pretty hype.
It's so fucking good and it's their fault for not dealing with it correctly so fuck em! 90% of the time if I whiff a lift or it's blocked I'm lifting again because it usually works.

I feel like i am late for the "Raven is a rush down character" party :( . But hey, with that beastly b2 frame trap why would you think other wise :joker:

Don't whiff :D. Raven gets bodied for whiffing on most attacks. You can d1 and if that hits you can b3 and you shouldn't whiff.
In my experience a whiffed b3 is rarely punished because it recovers a lot fast than most would expect .

I wouldn't like that d1 to b3. Even if done as soon as possible the opponent would have 18 fames to get in a move.

I would prefer b1 or f2 which is a lot more guaranteed to get in there. Maybe mb b3 or f3 though .

ZalliX

Noob
In my experience a whiffed b3 is rarely punished because it recovers a lot fast than most would expect .

I wouldn't like that d1 to b3. Even if done as soon as possible the opponent would have 18 fames to get in a move.

I would prefer b1 or f2 which is a lot more guaranteed to get in there. Maybe mb b3 or f3 though .
That can be true, but d1 has pretty good recovery, and most people think you're going to spam it, and if they try counter it with their quick poke, b3 moves Raven's hurt box. It's pretty effective imo. Does not work on a lot of power characters though...

That can be true, but d1 has pretty good recovery, and most people think you're going to spam it, and if they try counter it with their quick poke, b3 moves Raven's hurt box. It's pretty effective imo. Does not work on a lot of power characters though...
Makes sense to a degree but i would rather b2 or f2 , it is a lot safe and gives you pressure if blocked. I can see a keen player countering with his own b/f3 mb or a move with a decent hitbox , raven b3 doesn't move you that much . It also moves you most right before the hit becomes active .

ZalliX

Noob
Makes sense to a degree but i would rather b2 or f2 , it is a lot safe and gives you pressure if blocked. I can see a keen player countering with his own b/f3 mb or a move with a decent hitbox , raven b3 doesn't move you that much . It also moves you most right before the hit becomes active .

Okay if you're able to land a b3 after those b2 or f2 let me know lol

Okay if you're able to land a b3 after those b2 or f2 let me know lol
Not trying to land a b3 after though , the MOST i would probably try is a 223 frame trap if i think they will hesitate . But on a regular i'm going for my d1 and maybe in a yolo singularity

ZalliX

Noob
Not trying to land a b3 after though , the MOST i would probably try is a 223 frame trap if i think they will hesitate . But on a regular i'm going for my d1 and maybe in a yolo singularity

I was speaking about effectively using a b3....

If you're going to yolo, you might as well use something leaves you +11 than -8. just my 2 cents though.

Owerbart

I miss you
Winning through excessive use of Singularity is not a scrubby tactic, but rather proves your opponent is a scrub :p. Treat it as an unsafe 16f poke with stupid range and you're good to go.
I'll agree with you and say we must learn the singularity space as well as the soul crush one.

VGMtheVagabond

Salt Mine CEO
I will often throw out singularity, get it blocked, then throw out another one to catch them advancing. It works a good 60% of the time.
Not only do I love doing this, but also catching people off guard with a point blank Event Horizon on wake-up.

Also, I really need to be active on these forums. I'm missing out on good stuff that I should be practicing. Holding it down as a (or the only) Raven in Ohio.

Sami

Noob
So this is kind of good-bye to the 5 of you left :'(

I'm actually returning to this game now it's out on Steam, but will be dropping Raven as fuck going through trying to play her with even the slightest bit of lag again. As offline is now a 100% impossibility for me, I'm going to focus all my efforts with getting good with an online-viable character. I have a whole page of "stuff I need to try with Raven" that I'll be working through once I start playing as some closure - hopefully there will be a bit of dirty tech in there that plays out and helps you all. The hunt for a new main begins... if you have any suggestions post in here please!: http://testyourmight.com/threads/help-picking-a-new-character-specifically-for-online-play.39873/

So long, and thanks for all the fish ambiguous cross-ups.

So this is kind of good-bye to the 5 of you left :'(

I'm actually returning to this game now it's out on Steam, but will be dropping Raven as fuck going through trying to play her with even the slightest bit of lag again. As offline is now a 100% impossibility for me, I'm going to focus all my efforts with getting good with an online-viable character. I have a whole page of "stuff I need to try with Raven" that I'll be working through once I start playing as some closure - hopefully there will be a bit of dirty tech in there that plays out and helps you all. The hunt for a new main begins... if you have any suggestions post in here please!: http://testyourmight.com/threads/help-picking-a-new-character-specifically-for-online-play.39873/

So long, and thanks for all the fish ambiguous cross-ups.
Raven is definitely viable online. Yeah she's better offline but she can still get shit done online. I do well with her as an #OnlineWarrior.

I remember the day of Flashes and WoWos. Never again... never again...
Yeah fuck Flash. But even against him I manage. I have a training buddy that mains Flash, he's very good and we usually go pretty even. WoWo is a bitch too, but I just deal with it. Makes it that much better when you beat her and Flash.

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
Don't know if anyone noticed the combo I did on noobe in top 8 that involved a dive kick interactable but I'd like to finally talk about it. Basically you can do a regular bnb like lift b3 j2 f222 crush but change the ending to j2 j2 divekick and you'll get the same damage but a cross up 50/50 against most characters. I still don't full understand this because it seems inconsistent and it doesn't work on some characters like Harley but it can be really awesome. The dive kick is also a hard knockdown so yeah I'm happy that the seemingly worthless dive kick interactable might be semi useful now.

Don't know if anyone noticed the combo I did on noobe in top 8 that involved a dive kick interactable but I'd like to finally talk about it. Basically you can do a regular bnb like lift b3 j2 f222 crush but change the ending to j2 j2 divekick and you'll get the same damage but a cross up 50/50 against most characters. I still don't full understand this because it seems inconsistent and it doesn't work on some characters like Harley but it can be really awesome. The dive kick is also a hard knockdown so yeah I'm happy that the seemingly worthless dive kick interactable might be semi useful now.
Yeah I saw that and I thought you were just being flashy haha.

Sami

Noob
I've got plans for testing out dive kick this weekend actually so I'll add this to the list. I did notice the dive kick and my main thought was "lol ducky be trolling" :p

Sami

Noob
Almost a use for F2233: with perfect spacing and perfect timing, the final hit (the overhead) can cross-up a downed opponent who is just starting to stand up.