What's new

Aw, C'mon Puddin' -- Harley Quinn General Discussion Thread

Eshi

Noob
Yeah i was thinking that too, but it's the hp and damage boost have saved me quite a few times actually
what actually saved you was the opponent not reacting to it's 1000 frame animation and punishing it. Even in the few situations where she can do it safely, you're still sacrificing an oki situation or giving the opponent a free opportunity to close in. And on top of that, it's random. Worst trait in the game IMO.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
TS mix-up harassment works great.. When you choose to be tired of mixing them up, empty TS roll forward to either throw or Play Doctor.. Good times :)

Jermball

Noob
1,1,2 and f2,3 are probably your best options. 1,1,2 causes hard knockdown and f2,3 launches high and long enough to give some wiggle room.

Speaking of traits and 112. Would that mean if you 112 cancel into trait, and you happen to get dynamite...is that an unblockable setup???

Saint Connor

Team F.Y.F.
TS~1, b3 into trait IS an unblockable setup if you get dynamite, but is unsafe if you get anything else.
Incorrect. They can roll it. Same for 1,1,2 (at the end of combo...1,1,2 pushes them too far anyways)

Did some tinkering with trait just now, and while there are some set ups, the randomness makes it complete shit and not worth it. A raw b3 (teched or not) and raw 1,1,2 can lead to unblockable setups...however, if any other trait comes out it gets punished to oblivion. The "safest" way to land a trait is to f2,3 combo ender, and even then it is punishable by fullscreen supers and specials. On top of that, if you get damage buff trait, you are now left at fullscreen needing to get in while the buff timer just ticks away, effectively making it worthless.

All-in-all, there is no good way to get a trait aside from mindfucking your opponent into not reacting to it. The risk vs reward is absolutely not worth it.

Reifu

Cassie in training
Incorrect. They can roll it. Same for 1,1,2 (at the end of combo...1,1,2 pushes them too far anyways)

Did some tinkering with trait just now, and while there are some set ups, the randomness makes it complete shit and not worth it. A raw b3 (teched or not) and raw 1,1,2 can lead to unblockable setups...however, if any other trait comes out it gets punished to oblivion. The "safest" way to land a trait is to f2,3 combo ender, and even then it is punishable by fullscreen supers and specials. On top of that, if you get damage buff trait, you are now left at fullscreen needing to get in while the buff timer just ticks away, effectively making it worthless.

All-in-all, there is no good way to get a trait aside from mindfucking your opponent into not reacting to it. The risk vs reward is absolutely not worth it.
Yeah. If by some miracle somebody actually finds real use for this trait it would be neat. Otherwise one could speculate if the trait needed some reworking (looking at your NRS!!!)

Saint Connor

Team F.Y.F.
Yeah. If by some miracle somebody actually finds real use for this trait it would be neat. Otherwise one could speculate if the trait needed some reworking (looking at your NRS!!!)
Yeah. I wouldn't ask for anything broken. I would ask for something simple like less recovery frames on rose and joker buff so that if I do get a hard knockdown or knock them far away, I actually have a legitimate option besides just dashing in. Games like this should be about choices, not limiting them, and when you make something random, you should have time to actually make it useful or at least safe (depending on circumstance).

Reifu

Cassie in training
Yeah. I wouldn't ask for anything broken. I would ask for something simple like less recovery frames on rose and joker buff so that if I do get a hard knockdown or knock them far away, I actually have a legitimate option besides just dashing in. Games like this should be about choices, not limiting them, and when you make something random, you should have time to actually make it useful or at least safe (depending on circumstance).
And as if the trait being unusable random dump she still has another move that's unsafe; the aforementioned fully charged Pop Pop. It's funny how it's slow and takes 3-4 sec to come out and it still can backfire. Many other characters at least have unblockables that aren't as random as Harleys'. I get it that she has to seem like a fickle character she is but that doesn't have to relate to the in-game mechanics like this.

Saint Connor

Team F.Y.F.
And as if the trait being unusable random dump she still has another move that's unsafe; the aforementioned fully charged Pop Pop. It's funny how it's slow and takes 3-4 sec to come out and it still can backfire. Many other characters at least have unblockables that aren't as random as Harleys'. I get it that she has to seem like a fickle character she is but that doesn't have to relate to the in-game mechanics like this.
I'm actually fine with how Pop Pop is. It is a pretty rare occurance, but you can at least benifit from it if you MB it. You can't do shit with trait unless you get lucky.

Reifu

Cassie in training
I'm actually fine with how Pop Pop is. It is a pretty rare occurance, but you can at least benifit from it if you MB it. You can't do shit with trait unless you get lucky.
Yeah, I like Pop Pop too but the unblockable version is just a dumb gimmick, like her trait, and you can't even MB just incase to skip the recovery of a missfire full charge version.

Fergus

Like Father, Like Daughter
Anyone know any decent players representing Harley on youtube?

Also, is her TS options safe?

Nu-Skoool

Feel the nerf of despair
Anyone know any decent players representing Harley on youtube?

Also, is her TS options safe?
I dont know of any. Ive been looking for a few to toss in the video thread but all I have is some day 1 stuff from blackula.

Greven

Noob
I heard that TS~1 is -6 on block. Its kind of safe imo.

Btw, the provided frame data is completely wrong. Mainly for "on hit" and "on block" frames.

I heard that TS~1 is -6 on block. Its kind of safe imo.

Btw, the provided frame data is completely wrong. Mainly for "on hit" and "on block" frames.
It's only safe if the opponent doesn't know it's actually punishable.

In other words, it's not really safe.