What's new

Aw, C'mon Puddin' -- Harley Quinn General Discussion Thread

Reifu

Cassie in training
Back to the 1,1,2 Pop Pop topic...

Based on SinisterBeet's combo video (http://testyourmight.com/threads/harley-quinn-combo-collection-by-sinisterbeet.30847/#post-790674), what do you guys think about the possibility of ending with 1,1,2 xx Pop Pop MB to stuff any wakeup attempts and maintain pressure? Pop Pop does a shit ton of hit stun and MB instant recovers so you could Silly Slide right after to be in their face with the projectile keeping you somewhat protected if they try to block and punish.

Damnit...I need this work day to be over....I have some sweet ideas in my head.
Tested it and checked the frame data on silly slide and hitting Pop Pop. The setup doesn't seem very reliable according to numbers in the game (though admittedly some of them are wrong). Still... Tested to punish the Silly Slide in training with Green Lantern's fastest attack d1 and it can't punish the Silly Slide if you block after it; if you decide to throw out anything else, except b3MB or super, and not block it's not safe (Lantern was able to do hit her out of followup moves and especially his wakeup Lantern's Might was very good against this tactic).
Also I tested doing Pop Pop,MB__Silly Slide, Tantrum and it didn't combo (which corresponds with the frame data in the menus.

Reifu

Cassie in training
When b2 2 is blocked, does it use the frame data for the string, or for b2 only? Since only one shot comes out I'm not sure which one applies.
B2 only. If the first attack of the b2,2 happens to whiff and for example they walk in the range of the second attack and block then the other one applies.

Saint Connor

Team F.Y.F.
Tested it and checked the frame data on silly slide and hitting Pop Pop. The setup doesn't seem very reliable according to numbers in the game (though admittedly some of them are wrong). Still... Tested to punish the Silly Slide in training with Green Lantern's fastest attack d1 and it can't punish the Silly Slide if you block after it; if you decide to throw out anything else, except b3MB or super, and not block it's not safe (Lantern was able to do hit her out of followup moves and especially his wakeup Lantern's Might was very good against this tactic).
Also I tested doing Pop Pop,MB__Silly Slide, Tantrum and it didn't combo (which corresponds with the frame data in the menus.
Hmm...well I suppose it's good that you can at least SS in safely. What about just normal dashing? Also, what combo (if any) we're you doing for the 1,1,2 xx Pop Pop? Depending on distance (if it's not too far) maybe you could get away with a j2 like in the video?

Edit - Also with dashing instead of Silly Slide, would you be in range of a b2,2 and would it combo off the Pop Pop?

Reifu

Cassie in training
Hmm...well I suppose it's good that you can at least SS in safely. What about just normal dashing? Also, what combo (if any) we're you doing for the 1,1,2 xx Pop Pop? Depending on distance (if it's not too far) maybe you could get away with a j2 like in the video?

Edit - Also with dashing instead of Silly Slide, would you be in range of a b2,2 and would it combo off the Pop Pop?
Decided to do 1,1,2,Pop Pop,MB. If I did any real combo using starter-b3__j2_1,1,2,Pop Pop,MB the opponent ends up 1-2 steps even further away (tested this).
If you dash after Pop Pop, MB you're not in range of b2,2. Without dashing your out of j2 range too. I tried to adjust it so that instead of dashing after Pop Pop,MB I took a small step and then j2. This time it hits but doesn't combo. In the video she was closer than that to the opponent so she just had to jump after Pop Pop, MB so it comboed.
If the enemy is in the corner you can try a crossup j2 after Silly Slide. That seemed like one of the best options I noticed in training on short notice. Instant air db1 was also possible to do but it can be blocked and it's not very safe then. Really early neutral j2 can also be done and it comboes into 1 very easily.

Saint Connor

Team F.Y.F.
Decided to do 1,1,2,Pop Pop,MB. If I did any real combo using starter-b3__j2_1,1,2,Pop Pop,MB the opponent ends up 1-2 steps even further away (tested this).
If you dash after Pop Pop, MB you're not in range of b2,2. Without dashing your out of j2 range too. I tried to adjust it so that instead of dashing after Pop Pop,MB I took a small step and then j2. This time it hits but doesn't combo. In the video she was closer than that to the opponent so she just had to jump after Pop Pop, MB so it comboed.
If the enemy is in the corner you can try a crossup j2 after Silly Slide. That seemed like one of the best options I noticed in training on short notice. Instant air db1 was also possible to do but it can be blocked and it's not very safe then. Really early neutral j2 can also be done and it comboes into 1 very easily.
Hmmm...well, there is neutral jump/cross up potential, so that's good at least. I feel like there has to be more to this. Any chance of getting a lvl2 pop pop safely?

Reifu

Cassie in training
Hmmm...well, there is neutral jump/cross up potential, so that's good at least. I feel like there has to be more to this. Any chance of getting a lvl2 pop pop safely?
Earlier when I tested to charge it to lvl2 and set GL to wakeup Oa's Rocket it would cause trade even if I MB the Pop Pop lvl2.

DreadzTsung

"Darkness is the heart's true essence"
Also I've noticed a while ago. I was playing Harley for like 2 hours straight. I was only beat a couple times. Then for the last 40-45 minutes I was unstoppable. Is she high tier or am I playing her really well? And I wasn't playing scrubs either. I was fighting frost to doomsdays. I just learned her last night and I am already in love.

Nu-Skoool

Feel the nerf of despair
Just start off with her footsies and become familiar with the ranges they are effective in and when to use them (ex. dont try to frame trap using f+2 after a d+1). Then learn what your options are in the mid-range game and full screen. Dont worry about character specific stuff or flashy combos outside of her bnbs.

Saint Connor

Team F.Y.F.
Alright thanks, i was playing a lot yesterday and i noticed i was using like all of harley's moves effectively besides her trait lol
Yeah, I've yet to find a good reason to use it though because a) it's random as fuck and b) she has much better options. Yeah you can get a damage boost or hp return, but you sacrafice possitioning and pressure to do so. Depends on the pace of the match at hand I guess.

Shiizu

Theory Fighter
Does Harley have a reliable midscreen punish? B2,2 is good but only if the opponent is within range. What's her best option to punish stuff that leaves them at midscreen? I guess gunshots would be the best option.

Yeah, I've yet to find a good reason to use it though because a) it's random as fuck and b) she has much better options. Yeah you can get a damage boost or hp return, but you sacrafice possitioning and pressure to do so. Depends on the pace of the match at hand I guess.
Yeah i was thinking that too, but it's the hp and damage boost have saved me quite a few times actually

Saint Connor

Team F.Y.F.
Does Harley have a reliable midscreen punish? B2,2 is good but only if the opponent is within range. What's her best option to punish stuff that leaves them at midscreen? I guess gunshots would be the best option.
Tantrum has good range. If they are outside of that you can Silly Slide xx Tantrum. I mean, it kinda makes a difference to know what we're trying to punish here, too. We talking wiffed moves/strings? Blocked supers? Because its going to vary dramaticly depending.

Shiizu

Theory Fighter
Well B2,2 is 12 frames on startup so anything close to that I would consider reliable. I'm mainly thinking of midscreen punishes against moves like GL and Raven's TK grab on block. I know Doomsday can punish it with shoulder charge so I was wondering if Harley could do something similar. I suppose SSxTS could work, though I'm not sure how many frames that is.

Saint Connor

Team F.Y.F.
Well B2,2 is 12 frames on startup so anything close to that I would consider reliable. I'm mainly thinking of midscreen punishes against moves like GL and Raven's TK grab on block. I know Doomsday can punish it with shoulder charge so I was wondering if Harley could do something similar. I suppose SSxTS could work, though I'm not sure how many frames that is.
I'm at work so I can't really test anything atm, but anything outside of b2,2 range is going to have a much higher frame startup and may not hit at all. Best option might just be dashing in for a throw or d1 to try to get something started.

Shiizu

Theory Fighter
Yeah I figured as much. I suppose she could use gunshot or air gunshot for guaranteed punish, and use the EX version for the extra damage.