What's new

Aw, C'mon Puddin' -- Harley Quinn General Discussion Thread

Saint Connor

Team F.Y.F.
TL;DR: I am a noob Harley. What exactly should I be going for with her? What should be my general mindset/strategy while playing her? She just doesn't seem very intuitive to me, but I really want to play her because Harley is the bomb.
Harley, to me, feels like a nice blend of Stryker (gun cancel with Pop Pop, Cupcakes like grenade toss), Sonya (Tantrum mixups), Scorpion (good high/low/overhead mixups), and Kabal (command dash). She can maintain pressure and has a disgusting mixup game that keeps opponents guessing, but she has a good all around game as well. Though I feel her strength is up close and at short-midrange (b2 range), she can play the ranged game and control space.

She's much like Scorpion in the way that a lot of her strings aren't very safe, but she plays the 50/50 game really well. And once she gets in, she can stay in thanks to Silly Slide.

Has anyone found a corner combo that does more than 40% without Her Trait active? I have One that deals 40 normal and 51 with trait. I just want to see if there is anything better. Also I found a bug in the corner with Harley that keeps your opponent in the corner, but pushes her out :( I'll start recording today and hopefully post today.
b2,2 xx TS~1 > f1,3 > b1,2,1 xx Line of Fire > 1 > 1,2 xx Play Doctor - 45% in the corner, no meter, no trait, no jump in. Second video in this post http://www.testyourmight.com/threads/harley-combo-thread.30089/#post-772255

Fergus

Like Father, Like Daughter
Should be playing this tomorrow and hopefully getting a copy on Monday, can't wait to try Harley! :D

Kal

<3
Man Harley is so much fun to play. I've tried almost every single character in the game and Harley is miles ahead of anyone else in the fun aspect.

Nu-Skoool

Feel the nerf of despair
Dear god is this character incredibly safe. I tested her entire moveset agains supermans 2frame super and probably less than 5 things were unsafe against it. Most of her strings are airtight. Not even point blank line of fire was unsafe. Ill post what Ifound tomorrow .

What are the defense options for this girl? Played online today for the first time and was getting blown up when they put pressure and having a hard time punishing. Is b2 2 the best punisher for her?

Saint Connor

Team F.Y.F.
Dear god is this character incredibly safe. I tested her entire moveset agains supermans 2frame super and probably less than 5 things were unsafe against it. Most of her strings are airtight. Not even point blank line of fire was unsafe. Ill post what Ifound tomorrow .
Would be interesting to know. Was under the impression she wasn't that safe.

What are the defense options for this girl? Played online today for the first time and was getting blown up when they put pressure and having a hard time punishing. Is b2 2 the best punisher for her?
I think it depends on the placement of the characters and against whom you're fighting against. If you're put in a corner, B2,2 comes out too slow even after blocking (unless the opponent ended with an incredibly unsafe move, then that's on them). However, in midscreen you can usually use B2,2 to punish most characters, or at least that's the impression I got so far.
In corner, I usually use D1 or preferably D3 to stop the opponent first.

Fergus

Like Father, Like Daughter
What are the items and effects from Harley Quinn's trait?

The items that can be pulled out and their abilities include:
  • Picture of The Joker - Gives Harley a strength boost
  • Time Bomb - Harley tosses the bomb, causing big damage
  • Poison Ivy Plant - Over a period of time, Harley`s health return
Is there more?

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
What are the items and effects from Harley Quinn's trait?

The items that can be pulled out and their abilities include:
  • Picture of The Joker - Gives Harley a strength boost
  • Time Bomb - Harley tosses the bomb, causing big damage
  • Poison Ivy Plant - Over a period of time, Harley`s health return
Is there more?
Nope

Eshi

Noob
what do you mean by defensive options? If you mean fastest moves to punish disadvantage on block, b22 is probably best. If you mean options to get out of pressure, she really has nothing other than system mechanics and super. None of her specials give super armor and all are too slow to make for real wake-up reversals.

On a different note - Harley has some ridiculously good strings. 2B3 is +10 on block even though it looks unsafe so it's incredible for frame traps. F13 reels the opponent - they can block an attack, but otherwise are stuck in the reeling animation. She can just do F13 again and it's + on block, or do a different mix-up or even throw through the animation.

Harley's MASSIVE b3 lets you wreck people's times from really far out. I just b3MB through like, everything from a mile away. That and her b2,2 seem like some of the strongest pokes in the game. (YOU CAN OS B2,2xxTS1 SO 2xxTS1 ONLY COMES OUT ON HIT. WHY DO ANYTHING ELSE AT NEUTRAL?!)

Is anybody doing something other than Play Doctor at the end of the TS combo to start her pretty buff oki, or at least go right into meaty TS pressure? Maybe something with a hard knockdown? Or PD like normal and just swing with b3MB like a jerk through any reversals?

Random stuff: TS into nothing lets you lie down under projectiles. I haven't found a real use for it but sometimes I do it right after a fullscreen gunshot against like, Deathstroke or Ares then I can roll forward to close a bit of space. Can't remember if low gun goes over her still.

If we haven't found out what exactly Play Doctor's frame advantage is, can someone just do it on a jumping training dummy and hold up at the end of the animation? First one to the top of the screen has advantage. Gravity means even a 1f difference gives a visible height difference. I can only play at my friend's house for the time being and I'm not there right now.

Shady

Noob
I found an interesting way to end the combos after the B3 (not sure if it was already posted somewhere, in which case, as you were). This gives up a bit of damage but let's you mix up your opponent.

After you do the wall bounce, you surrender a bit of damage and instead of J1/2 and your ender of choice I do F1 (or B1, honestly my ind just literally blanked on it for a second) and slide. She'll slide under them as they bounce, reversing the position. A good way to mix up people's wake up game because of how fast it all happens and you can usually just start a combo from there.

So I'm practicing Harley as my secondary character (Killer Frost being my main). What I'm curious about is how do you guys handle full screen Zoners (Superman, Deathstroke, etc..) with Harley? How do you quickly close that gap? Any tips would be appreciated.

Saint Connor

Team F.Y.F.
I'm all but convinced f2,3 and f2,2 are all but worthless. In my attempts to come up with a less shit combo for f2,3 starter, about all I get is either f2,3 xx SS > 1 > 2,U3 xx TS~3 or f2,3 xx SS >1,1,2 xx TS - Both are 27% damage, but you get nothing special out of it. I guess the last one you could get TS 50/50, but that can be risky.

For such a massive launcher, it is a pity you can't get more from it. If it wasn't for f2 being overhead and cancelable, I'd have no use for it.

Shiizu

Theory Fighter
f2,3 does allow her to charge up pop pop though. Speaking of which, does anyone know of any good set ups with that move?

FordCruller

Kombatant
Anyone else use Ex Cupcake to get in/keep people out? That move is amazing. You can really get in on zoners cause it leaves them boucing for a while.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Nu-Skoool

Feel the nerf of despair
Oh Harley why cant play doctor hit low, its fun buffering that into 2, B+3 and B+1, 2 and watching it connect even if they block or reversal. *sigh*

Eshi

Noob
Oh Harley why cant play doctor hit low, its fun buffering that into 2, B+3 and B+1, 2 and watching it connect even if they block or reversal. *sigh*
This is a part of it that confuses me. I figured out that this works too, but I also put the dummy player into crouch and 2, B+3 still worked. It still whiffs on Grundy or Doomsday AFAIK but it worked on Batman and a lot of others. Also, for some reason it doesn't work online which makes no sense to me :{ Am I just crazy?

Nu-Skoool

Feel the nerf of despair
This is a part of it that confuses me. I figured out that this works too, but I also put the dummy player into crouch and 2, B+3 still worked. It still whiffs on Grundy or Doomsday AFAIK but it worked on Batman and a lot of others. Also, for some reason it doesn't work online which makes no sense to me :{ Am I just crazy?
Thats because for whatever reason the dummy will always stand block mids and it creates the perfect fuzzy guard setup. Its unfortunate harley doesn't have a string with an overhead ender otherwise that would be very useful as a mixup, oh well normal throw is always an option. I wont complain too much though the grab range on play doctor is pretty absurd, i believe max distance is outside of b+2 range?