What's new

Question Ask Baraka

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Whats the best way to tackle a decent Baraka player? I got beat by a useless Baraka (I was Sektor), I had no idea what to do against him, I beat him with Reptile after tho, just baited out his ex dash move then waited til he had no meter, then did the damage.
learn baraka frame traps,
check the frame data to know were u can punish baraka,
know how to use a low hit box against baraka to get some his pressure options to whiff.

with sektor u have a adv at full screen because of zoning,baraka will have only so many ex charges
you have a adv up close with your much faster normals and better midscreen damage also,
just try stay out of those frametraps and the corner and you should be fine outside eating some charges,
sektor also out footsies baraka for the most part

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
learn baraka frame traps,
check the frame data to know were u can punish baraka,
know how to use a low hit box against baraka to get some his pressure options to whiff.

with sektor u have a adv at full screen because of zoning,baraka will have only so many ex charges
you have a adv up close with your much faster normals and better midscreen damage also,
just try stay out of those frametraps and the corner and you should be fine outside eating some charges,
sektor also out footsies baraka for the most part
I got caught with ex charges constantly & when I got in close, he did a spin which caught me out aswell, guess I just don't know the match up to well.

Wish I knew about all the frame data to be honest, its just something i've never really paid attention to. Guess I just don't take it to seriously which is prob my downfall.

You mained Baraka since the start?

1man3letters

I got caught with ex charges constantly & when I got in close, he did a spin which caught me out aswell, guess I just don't know the match up to well.

Wish I knew about all the frame data to be honest, its just something i've never really paid attention to. Guess I just don't take it to seriously which is prob my downfall.

You mained Baraka since the start?
yea man,ive been maining raka since mk2 :D

well ex charge is punishable when done up close and if u duck without blocking the spin will whiff and you can punish.
yea if u dont know a MU the more u play it, the more it helps

theres frame data threads in all the char forums, you should check them out,its important stuff to know,
lets you know were u can punish etc etc

what chars do u use?

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
I try every1, I rarely use the same char twice in a row.

Reptile, Cyrax, Sektor, Scorp, Mileena, Nightwolf, Quan, Noob, Ermac, Sub, Rain, Jax.

ok with some, poor with others.

1man3letters

I try every1, I rarely use the same char twice in a row.

Reptile, Cyrax, Sektor, Scorp, Mileena, Nightwolf, Quan, Noob, Ermac, Sub, Rain, Jax.

ok with some, poor with others.
a mainless man i see,
well all them chars bar scorpion beat or go even with raka,so the choice is there for you.
maybe settling on a few chars to focus on more might help also

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
a mainless man i see,
well all them chars bar scorpion beat or go even with raka,so the choice is there for you.
maybe settling on a few chars to focus on more might help also
I come on & see a combo on TYM, I go into practise even tho i've never used the char before, then I go online & try it out, thats prob were most of my 1400 loses have came from.

I'd say out of every1 I use, Reptile & Cyrax are who im best with.

1man3letters

I come on & see a combo on TYM, I go into practise even tho i've never used the char before, then I go online & try it out, thats prob were most of my 1400 loses have came from.

I'd say out of every1 I use, Reptile & Cyrax are who im best with.
maybe stick with them so, but hey its your game im not going to tell you how to play it

ps.online score means nothing so it doesnt matter how many wins/losses ya got ;)

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
To
maybe stick with them so, but hey its your game im not going to tell you how to play

ps.online score means nothing so it doesnt matter how many wins/losses ya got ;)
I know more with those 2 than I do with the rest (so far), but I get bored quickly & choose other chars win or lose.

I know the record doesn't mean to much to ppl that play in the 'offline scene', but to an 'ordinary Joe' (me), it means abit. I use it mostly as a sign of how far i've came since I 1st played online. I sometimes gloat to a few blokes in work that im in the top 110 players in the world online lol, they don't no any better.

Hopefully get a few matches with yourself soon.

1man3letters

To

I know more with those 2 than I do with the rest (so far), but I get bored quickly & choose other chars win or lose.

I know the record doesn't mean to much to ppl that play in the 'offline scene', but to an 'ordinary Joe' (me), it means abit. I use it mostly as a sign of how far i've came since I 1st played online. I sometimes gloat to a few blokes in work that im in the top 110 players in the world online lol, they don't no any better.

Hopefully get a few matches with yourself soon.
yea i get what u mean, i just mean as online u can abuse stuff u cant offline so win/losses arnt worth much.
well now that ive let you know about the irish scene u have no reason not to give offline play a go aswell :p

yea man,as i said im not fan online so im not on to much but never have a problem playing fellow irishman,
just make sure to turn off those torrents and web browser when ya play me, fucking lag lol

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
O aye i've everything turned off when I start playin, hate lag myself, even tho im use to it now.

Lost to a pathetic Baraka again yesterday, got me in the corner & just did f3 or f4 constantly, couldn't get out even tho I was pokin then when I tried to jump out, he f3'ed me back into the corner, then lost to an even worse Noob!

Just wasn't my day yesterday.

1man3letters

O aye i've everything turned off when I start playin, hate lag myself, even tho im use to it now.

Lost to a pathetic Baraka again yesterday, got me in the corner & just did f3 or f4 constantly, couldn't get out even tho I was pokin then when I tried to jump out, he f3'ed me back into the corner, then lost to an even worse Noob!

Just wasn't my day yesterday.
hmm baraka doesnt have a f3??

but yeah thats online for you and thats why i hate it, ive lost to such bullshit before its crazy,
maybe it just i canT "adapt" like some like to say but i just get mad playing online

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
It was f3 or f4, never used Baraka so didn't know which was which, all I know is that it worked. There was a bit of lag but even with that, I shouldn't be falling for shit like that, he beat my Sektor (who I have recently found hard to beat Baraka with). I tried to get Reptile out to teach him a lesson but he decided to quit out which was even more annoying lol.

The Noob player beat me cos I was trying a combo with Sektor that just won't work online for me, I got revenge on him tho.

Im all about attack, & under pressure (esp against MU's im not used to) I haven't a clue.

1man3letters

It was f3 or f4, never used Baraka so didn't know which was which, all I know is that it worked. There was a bit of lag but even with that, I shouldn't be falling for shit like that, he beat my Sektor (who I have recently found hard to beat Baraka with). I tried to get Reptile out to teach him a lesson but he decided to quit out which was even more annoying lol.

The Noob player beat me cos I was trying a combo with Sektor that just won't work online for me, I got revenge on him tho.

Im all about attack, & under pressure (esp against MU's im not used to) I haven't a clue.
well as i said to you before, if u dont know a MU, best cure is to keep playing it...offline helps aswell

1man3letters

Deadly Torcher if he spams f44 f4 in the corner, after the f4 he should be at -7 on block, which gives you plenty of time to poke out. Make sure it is after the single f4 knee though.
true stuff zoid but even if the f4,4 is blocked baraka is at -2 so opp will win next poke,
its great when your opp knows this as u can bait the poke and punish and then next time u can try get a poke off.

alot of mindgames to be had with the f4,4.....imagine if we still had f4 being special cancelable (LIKE IT SHOULD BE! :mad:),
the meter we'd have from jip,22 1+2,f4~slices would be handy to still have...memories :(

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
Deadly Torcher if he spams f44 f4 in the corner, after the f4 he should be at -7 on block, which gives you plenty of time to poke out. Make sure it is after the single f4 knee though.
It was strange cos I was maulin him up until I was in the corner, then the f4 (alone) beat me lol. Im not great in the wake up department with my Sektor.

1man3letters

It was strange cos I was maulin him up until I was in the corner, then the f4 (alone) beat me lol. Im not great in the wake up department with my Sektor.
thats were baraka really shines,in the corner.
get yourself in the corner without breaker and guess wrong...big trouble in little china

it could of just been online fucking with you poking out,
yea sektors wakeups arnt the best, easy enough to stuff them before come out

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
Online starting to do my head in, ready for throwing the game in the bin tbh. Losing to good players I can take, but losing to bad players that do 1 move over & over is annoying because lag prevents you from punishing. Time for a break from it I think.

1man3letters

Online starting to do my head in, ready for throwing the game in the bin tbh. Losing to good players I can take, but losing to bad players that do 1 move over & over is annoying because lag prevents you from punishing. Time for a break from it I think.
solution....play offline in the irish scene :D

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Does anyone else think Baraka would be awesome with his old auto correct chop chop? Would be so epic... HE NEEDS IT

1man3letters

in reality it would only really help against radien and kung MUs.
ex charge's projectiles invincibility would help miles more, thats what he NEEDS

anyways theres not going to be anymore buff/nerfs so like that thread said that was made other day,
lets just please stop talking about them and just play the game

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
in reality it would only really help against radien and kung MUs.
ex charge's projectiles invincibility would help miles more, thats what he NEEDS

anyways theres not going to be anymore buff/nerfs so like that thread said that was made other day,
lets just please stop talking about them and just play the game
I was simply making a joke. Ill try to contain myself in the future :p