What's new

Question Ask Baraka

Flagg

Noob
You know what makes it easier? Plinking.

Go 2, 2....then instead of pressing one and two at the same time, "plink" 2 and 1. This works better on a stick, because of the button layout, though on a pad, you can go 22, then quickly drag your finger or thumb down, over the 2 then one 1 (you have to do this quickly). The game still registers a plinked 2, 1 as a 2+1.

Think of plinking as how you would type quickly on a keyboard or how you would use your hands on a piano. There is a TON OF DIFFERENCE, between plinking buttons and simply tapping in two buttons seperately.

This works with a lot of characters that have 2 button inputs like CSZ and Sheeva.

Try it with CSZ.

His 2, 1, 2+1. Just plink 2,1, 2,1 and hey presto, 2, 1, 2+1 comes out.

You can also do this with QC. Just plink B3, 2,1 and his B3, 2+1 comes out.

Plinking has it's downfall. I've tried to plink Sindels 3, 1, 1, and because of the nature of the plink, it registers the plinked 3, 1 as a 3+1, also universally known as the throw for everyone.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Spacing with his blade charge, and his projectile even though itself it sucks, if its blocked from max blage charge distance you can charge before they can shoot back. (I think)
2nd straight blade charge can be jumped over and jump kicked....but thats were spin,njp,and backdash chop come in

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
So...it's Baraka time.

I notice immediately that this fucker has a LOT of combos at his disposal.
Tell me, O Tarkatan Loyalists, what are his most useful strings?
You have the obvious choices of B31, 22 1+2, F44, 212, 12B3, and a big fucking bag of 50/50 crouchblock and ducking knockdowns...I'm just curious as to which amongst his other combinations hold the most useful potential?
Combo jugglers? Safe on block run-ins for B31's or Spins? How useful is U3?

Boxy's quite curious as to how cut some fools up.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
2,2 1+2- Can end with F4 for a frametrap, d1 to end it faster, and slices builds a CRAP ton of meter

F44- Can end with a F4 to start frametraps, good in the corner, great as an anti air

B3,2- Good after a JIP, good to follow with slices

1,2,1- Good to follow with slices for meter, pretty fast, pretty safe

All I can think of

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
So Slices is indeed a useful tool? It looked slow/interruptable as fuck to me. Awesome.

Thank you, gentlemen. My Tarkatan would thank you as well, but he's not so much about gratuity as he is about stabbing.

1man3letters

just to remind people, the ask baraka thread is for baraka questions, so pop your question in here instead of a making new thread :coffee:

1man3letters

For Baraka have dental insurance :)

Is Baraka single

Is it true, Baraka is a great knitter?

:)
of course james, the tarkatan army have a great dental plan

hmm single? id say its complicated, he wasnt too happy when he found that teddy bear mileena made for scorpion, awkward!

while baraka has many hidden talents,the task of knitting hats for there bald as fuck heads for the colder months would fall to the lowest rank tarktans as his mind is busy with other matters

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
1man3letters
@jamesmmk
Zoidberg747

guides and videos are nice n all but something personal is always better.

I main Sub and my secondary is Shang,any similarities will be great.

i love anti airing and i'm good at it.

i sometimes don't hit confirm pokes

my spacing is good,my footsies are not great,but decent.

what advantage does baraka have with matchups over subby wubby and shang bang?

i think i like baraka but

1man3letters

Qwark28 sorry only gettin back to you now, forgot bout this post because i was talking to you on your profile

i dont play sub or shang outside for fun so i wouldnt be able to comment on the similarities in there meta game,all have a good corner game and are also about having good spacing but that could be said of alot of chars.
baraka is very very footsies based, top notch footsies are key to use him right,
MUs? if your picking up baraka to counter pick, that wont go well, what MUs dont u like with sub/shang and ill give my opinion as far as baraka goes.

i dont get the haters going to hate thing, i think most tournment players would be happy to run into baraka...if they know the MU

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Qwark28 sorry only gettin back to you now, forgot bout this post because i was talking to you on your profile

i dont play sub or shang outside for fun so i wouldnt be able to comment on the similarities in there meta game,all have a good corner game and are also about having good spacing but that could be said of alot of chars.
baraka is very very footsies based, top notch footsies are key to use him right,
MUs? if your picking up baraka to counter pick, that wont go well, what MUs dont u like with sub/shang and ill give my opinion as far as baraka goes.

i dont get the haters going to hate thing, i think most tournment players would be happy to run into baraka...if they know the MU
i meant that people don't like picking bottom 5 chars,i rarely see anyone who isn't top 15.

i don't like these MU's with sub

Jade/Sindel/Kitana/reptile/kano/noob/ermac

MU's with shang

noob/kano/reptile/kitana/quan

1man3letters

i meant that people don't like picking bottom 5 chars,i rarely see anyone who isn't top 15.

i don't like these MU's with sub

Jade/Sindel/Kitana/reptile/kano/noob/ermac

MU's with shang

noob/kano/reptile/kitana/quan
but baraka isnt bottom 5 so that isnt a problem, notice its non-baraka players who say hes bottom 5 :rolleyes:
that fact you see mostly that top 15 could be the fact the masses are very sheep like lol

well seeing as kano/noob/reptile/kitana are in both lists ill talk about them seeing as you could just use your other char theat some chars werent in both lists,
the 1st 3 you mention are clearly better online so i dont if thats your problem there because your a online player.

baraka goes even with reptile, where most reptile like to fullscreen,baraka will win if they try fight the MU like that,
noob pretty much even also,MAYBE slight adv noob, i lmfao at some people saying it was 4-6 recently,
kitana is 4-6- just have to get the life lead and turtle the shit out of her, her low hitbox can be a problem also

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
but baraka isnt bottom 5 so that isnt a problem, notice its non-baraka players who say hes bottom 5 :rolleyes:
that fact you see mostly that top 15 could be the fact the masses are very sheep like lol

well seeing as kano/noob/reptile/kitana are in both lists ill talk about them seeing as you could just use your other char theat some chars werent in both lists,
the 1st 3 you mention are clearly better online so i dont if thats your problem there because your a online player.

baraka goes even with reptile, where most reptile like to fullscreen,baraka will win if they try fight the MU like that,
noob pretty much even also,MAYBE slight adv noob, i lmfao at some people saying it was 4-6 recently,
kitana is 4-6- just have to get the life lead and turtle the shit out of her, her low hitbox can be a problem also
imma watch the vids tommorow,any personal sfbivrz?

1man3letters

its dark lol and i end up hitting the buttons right next to the ones i want to,i meant advice,corrected i but just wanted to see your reply lol.

rhw vids from the other sticky
ah right i see, i was like is that greek? lol

u mean the community guide sticky thread? ALOT of the vids in that are very dated.
have a look in the baraka videos thread, theres a good few tourny MUs in that

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
ah right i see, i was like is that greek? lol

u mean the community guide sticky thread? ALOT of the vids in that are very dated.
have a look in the baraka videos thread, theres a good few tourny MUs in that
tips plox.

sfbivrz hmmm.

street fighter beaverz?

1man3letters

tips plox.

sfbivrz hmmm.

street fighter beaverz?
street fighter beaverz? polx?

i have no idea what your talking about, could ya leave out the troll language when trying to talk to me about baraka,
just makes things easier :)

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
street fighter beaverz? polx?

i have no idea what your talking about, could ya leave out the troll language when trying to talk to me about baraka,
just makes things easier :)
i thought plox was known!runescape is not to be trusted then. plox is basically plx,sometimes people used to press x instead of s and it just became to mean pls,then some idiot added o.

just found a stupid acronym for the crap i typed,lol.

1man3letters

i thought plox was known!runescape is not to be trusted then. plox is basically plx,sometimes people used to press x instead of s and it just became to mean pls,then some idiot added o.

just found a stupid acronym for the crap i typed,lol.
nope dont play it,one mans known is another mans wtf

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
Whats the best way to tackle a decent Baraka player? I got beat by a useless Baraka (I was Sektor), I had no idea what to do against him, I beat him with Reptile after tho, just baited out his ex dash move then waited til he had no meter, then did the damage.