What's new

Ask a Question,Get an Answer,Sonya Style

lazybird123

Purple Belt in BJJ, White Belt in MK
Do you guys use her :d+:fk for any other reason other than to stand up a laying down opponent into an MS cancel? It seems to be too slow to use effectively in pressure and the hitbox (both hers and her opponents) don't seem to be the best. I got punished a couple of times fighting a Liu-Kang yesterday while trying it, he would be able to do his :l+:fk combo on me everytime

Slego

The Saltan of Salt
Do you guys use her :d+:fk for any other reason other than to stand up a laying down opponent into an MS cancel? It seems to be too slow to use effectively in pressure and the hitbox (both hers and her opponents) don't seem to be the best. I got punished a couple of times fighting a Liu-Kang yesterday while trying it, he would be able to do his :l+:fk combo on me everytime
I would say you pretty much have the right idea with it, standing up opponents into a throw is also a very simple and effective option.

I would say that the throw setup has been the most consistent for me. whenever I b21 and whiff the MS, I'll usually d3 throw, etc. It's just another tool.

Buffalo

Bison of Beat Downs
What is the best combo for after landing a cartwheel. Maybe one that incorporates 112 then military stance.
What I'd do after the cartwheel kick would be to do a quick dash forward followed by a b2 1 and then on the bounce, hit them with the 112 reset into ms.

Buffalo

Bison of Beat Downs
Is it possible to divekick into mess hall? I've tried it so many times and tried to buffer it or input it as quick as possible, but it never comes out. If anything, I get a standing 2.

Beginner0k_TwM

https://www.twitch.tv/beginner0k_twm
how you look at the new version of the MSC?It is faster than a dash?This can be done even faster, just I do not much but it is coached, and I only found yesterday.

Flagg

Noob
Just started using her, Sonya is AMAZING!

I find her divekick into 114 or 21 not too hard, BUT I only really nail that if I do an instant dive kick. Connecting that from a divekick where she is almost at full height is quite tricky.

I read Foxys guide last night, are her MS cancels the first thing I really should get comfortable with?

bipolar_shango

" Bros before Hoes"
Is there a good use for Military Stance~1 OR 3 for certain situations?
MS~1 on hit has great block stun(i use it when i want to continue pressure after teasing the opponent with 1, 1 pokes) MS~3, i use as a sudo block string.. 1,1,Ms~3...(Rings, d4, Ms~f1 or d4,Ms... or b2,1,f2..) dont know if they are safe cuz i get blownup online for trying this. But who cares sometimes you have to take a chance. (or try it only when you have breaker like a sissy :p )

streetsweep187

Kneel before me
I need help ...I main sonya I know how to pressure with her decent but I'm starting to think that just rushing down is maybe a bad idea. I need some tips on how to play her the most effectively. Any and all help would be much appreciated.