What's new

Match-up Discussion Ares match up discussion 1.06

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
I think Superman could be a 3-7. It's about a million times better since the patch, but Superman still out footsies Ares, out damages Ares, and probably outzones Ares. And the divepunch resets are just so bullshit. Even if you guess right the punish you get is soo bad. The thing is, if Superman is 3-7 then Ares probably has significantly more 3-7 than that chart shows
Yea, that's what I was getting at. I thought it was around 4-6 for ares. Maybe 3-7 or 2-8 pre patch but not now.

4x4lo8o

Noob
Yea, that's what I was getting at. I thought it was around 4-6 for ares. Maybe 3-7 or 2-8 pre patch but not now.
Pre-patch it was 1-9. No Question. Probably the worst match up in the game. There was no reason any Superman should lose to Ares. The Superman players I beat at Evo should be ashamed.

Post patch it's up in the air for me, but I don't think 3-7 is too outrageous. Certainly not the most protest worthy number on that list

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
Pre-patch it was 1-9. No Question. Probably the worst match up in the game. There was no reason any Superman should lose to Ares. The Superman players I beat at Evo should be ashamed.

Post patch it's up in the air for me, but I don't 3-7 is too outrageous. Certainly not the most protest worthy number on that list
I wouldn't argue with that. Infra bops me pretty well because he's solid with the superman match. In fact, I do better vs his martian lol. That's just because hes a better player than me though

P3irce

Noob
I'm gonna be honest with the lex mu I think be up close is best, if he gets armor it's like insta death. I had to face revolver and I did extremely well by being right in his face

Edit
Great google doc I'll check it out later tonight

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
I have a hard time believing hawkgirl is even. Explain me why, cause 22 string whiffs on her still, that alone is very bad, not that you gonna use it alot anyway when shes constantly in the air..but when shes in your face, 22 isnt gonna help. Her wakeup is pretty good. Whats best to fight her? Cause im clueless in this mu. Usually i try to get in by teleport but its hard to get big damage on her because shes never really grounded.

P3irce

Noob
I have a hard time believing hawkgirl is even. Explain me why, cause 22 string whiffs on her still, that alone is very bad, not that you gonna use it alot anyway when shes constantly in the air..but when shes in your face, 22 isnt gonna help. Her wakeup is pretty good. Whats best to fight her? Cause im clueless in this mu. Usually i try to get in by teleport but its hard to get big damage on her because shes never really grounded.
I think it's even because the ax can hit her out of the air if I remember correctly, that alone helps the mu. I've never noticed the 2,2 missing does it happen all the time ?

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
I think it's even because the ax can hit her out of the air if I remember correctly, that alone helps the mu. I've never noticed the 2,2 missing does it happen all the time ?
She can fly over the straight axe.
Also 22 string the second hit whiffs from certain distance. Around abit closer then sweep distance

Last edited:

P3irce

Noob
She can fly over the straight axe.
Also 22 string the second hit whiffs from certain distance. Around sabit closer then weep distance
Hmm the ax normally works for me, same with 2,2. Maybe try using just 2 I think that's plus 2 on block and then d1 check. Or go for 2, godsmack / d1, godsmack

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Now that I think about it I feel like using a mb tele then nj1 can get her out of the air
I play this weekly with the chris g killer Dark Steel prolly the best hg right now, and mb tele air to air is really hard to react to for her. her flip kick is a bitch, dive blows you up if your too patient or hesitate. This is the ultimate cat and mouse game, mb b3 if shes abusing d1 mace charge. D1 check often after wing evade, you should take a life bar once you get her to the corner no problem. sad part is she can return the favor. sweep-mid range expect mace charge on WU and a reg dark energy will check her out of it. I can post alot of FT5s I have that sohwcase alot of this, shes a fucking bitch but its a cat and mouse until someone gets hit with the big one kind of match. low damage combos mid screen unless hg REALLY messes up or sucks. Get her cornerd even at the sacrifice of a sword. air to airs only get you so far, wus dont put you at any advantage, just put you back in neutral, GS is almost non existent outside of the difficult resets that are almost frame perfect to get out of. And even in that case you never know HG players just mash most of the time anyway, if you read a mace charge you can also just mb b3 and same in any mid screen patient battle, im not afraid to use it, a quickly thrown mb charge beats b3 but any hesition on their behalf and GGS. I call this an even MU, both can do absolutely retarded shit to the other. One last trick I have on her is raw low sword from max range. and she struggles vs straight axe to start the game, never be afraid to throw it. Just some thoughts <3 since I never post here T_T

Crathen

Death is my business
I've wondered if Ares can f3 the shit out of her wakeups like i can with Deathstroke? Can you guys test it for me? Meaty F3 point blank and her using both of her wakeups.

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I've wondered if Ares can f3 the shit out of her wakeups like i can with Deathstroke? Can you guys test it for me? Meaty F3 point blank and her using both of her wakeups.
i use meaty f3 on wu in the corner but havent tested mid

Crathen

Death is my business
i use meaty f3 on wu in the corner but havent tested mid
Best testing when to do would be to see at what ranges you can hit her out of both her wakeups , Ares f3 range should be good enough to reach her moving back , if it does then you'd have to find an hard knockdown to set it up when ending combos.

I'll test this tomorrow.

P3irce

Noob
I play this weekly with the chris g killer Dark Steel prolly the best hg right now, and mb tele air to air is really hard to react to for her. her flip kick is a bitch, dive blows you up if your too patient or hesitate. This is the ultimate cat and mouse game, mb b3 if shes abusing d1 mace charge. D1 check often after wing evade, you should take a life bar once you get her to the corner no problem. sad part is she can return the favor. sweep-mid range expect mace charge on WU and a reg dark energy will check her out of it. I can post alot of FT5s I have that sohwcase alot of this, shes a fucking bitch but its a cat and mouse until someone gets hit with the big one kind of match. low damage combos mid screen unless hg REALLY messes up or sucks. Get her cornerd even at the sacrifice of a sword. air to airs only get you so far, wus dont put you at any advantage, just put you back in neutral, GS is almost non existent outside of the difficult resets that are almost frame perfect to get out of. And even in that case you never know HG players just mash most of the time anyway, if you read a mace charge you can also just mb b3 and same in any mid screen patient battle, im not afraid to use it, a quickly thrown mb charge beats b3 but any hesition on their behalf and GGS. I call this an even MU, both can do absolutely retarded shit to the other. One last trick I have on her is raw low sword from max range. and she struggles vs straight axe to start the game, never be afraid to throw it. Just some thoughts <3 since I never post here T_T
That's good stuff she's such a wonky character, she plays her own game almost, very interesting stuff though. I'd love to see your gameplay on that mu

P3irce

Noob
Best testing when to do would be to see at what ranges you can hit her out of both her wakeups , Ares f3 range should be good enough to reach her moving back , if it does then you'd have to find an hard knockdown to set it up when ending combos.

I'll test this tomorrow.
F3 is one of ares greatest tools if they do mace charge and mb it then the armor would be broken but I'd say throwing it out and seeing how they react is the best course of action

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
Yeah totally agree. Im suprised you still say its even, it really doesnt look that way when i read your post. :p
And about getting her to the corner, thats true. Altough anyone in thr corner vs ares is in deep shit.

Crathen

Death is my business
F3 is one of ares greatest tools if they do mace charge and mb it then the armor would be broken but I'd say throwing it out and seeing how they react is the best course of action
There's a timing that you can hit both at the same time her wakeups without MB f3 ( this i know deathstroke can do ) , mb F3 would be then used only for maximum safety ( beacause they can counter the delayed meterless f3 with MB b3 ) , i'll verify if Ares can too.