What's new

Are you happy with your main? Or did you settle...?

Northern Slasher

Heads or Tails X
What I mean is we all sat there before the game released and basically picked our mains. For me, it was Jax. I played this bad-ass motha for every single MK game he was in. But once I got the game, I couldn't do jack shit with him midscreen.

So I "settled" with Ermac. Yes I like Ermac but my heart belongs to Jax and I feel like i'll never be happy with Ermac as my main, especially since he looks like such a snake charmer. (Yes i'm vain)

My question is, does anybody else feel the same way? Do you feel like you're cheating on your MK love? Do you think I should quit my bitching, main Jax, level up, and put my salt shaker away?

Vjeekes

DevilApes
What I mean is we all sat there before the game released and basically picked our mains. For me, it was Jax. I played this bad-ass motha for every single MK game he was in. But once I got the game, I couldn't do jack shit with him midscreen.

So I "settled" with Ermac. Yes I like Ermac but my heart belongs to Jax and I feel like i'll never be happy with Ermac as my main, especially since he looks like such a snake charmer. (Yes i'm vain)

My question is, does anybody else feel the same way? Do you feel like you're cheating on your MK love? Do you think I should quit my bitching, main Jax, level up, and put my salt shaker away?
How big is your love for Jax if you drop him because you can't get stuff done? Thats the real question :)

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
I love kenshi. But I had to settle with reptile. Which I enjoy a lot and I do like him. But I'd rather have kenshi

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
I maimed ale Kenshi, Reptile, and Cyrax in Mk9. Don't care for the first two this time around and the third isn't here.

So, I'm going back to my childhood arcade roots and going with Sub. He just feels natural to me and I play best with him.

I'm comfortable rushing people down with him or laming them out in the corner.

Also experimenting with Raiden.

jaepeso170

I Have A Plan...Attack
Actually Takeda always interested me be4 the game dropped and I still use him as my main with Scorpion.....im beginning to learn Jason...i feel he can be a great asset in the right hands......Mine :joker:

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
Then what's stopping you from playing Kenshi?
He's bad. Really bad.
He's really cool but also his game play is really boring. All you can do is anti air and attempt zoning.

He might be more fun of he got a buff. I just really want an over head

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
There's no reason to give up on Jax. His midscreen high damage shit is indeed difficult, but it's worth putting the time into. Jax and Ermac have always been my 2 favorite MK characters and at first, they both felt so foreign to me trying them in this game.

Ermac, while pretty basic is nothing like Jax, who has high execution (at least midscreen). I sat down in practice one day for hours until I could consistently do f+2,1~overhead dash punch, run, f+2,1, 1,1, f+2,1~gotcha grab. 41% midscreen, I believe. Holy shit does it feel good hitting that. Jax had NOWHERE near this damage midscreen in MK9 and was still considered a solid character. Stick with Jax. If nothing else, switching to someone else will seem like a breeze after becoming familiar with Jax's run combos. Shit, Sub Zero's b+2 run cancel stuff midscreen seems like cake now (just forget about ever doing Jax run combos online unfortunately).

I literally went thru the entire cast and got really good with Liu Kang just to end up back with my MK9 main and favorite character Sub Zero, and I couldn't be any happier.

Elitper

casual fighter
I always played reptile in the early MK games, quited playing reptile after his horrible redesign starting in MK4, i retired reptile and settled with scorpion

Now with mkx i actually love the new reptile design (i disliked his mk9 design as wel) so i have gone back to my old favorite and kicking ass

Northern Slasher

Heads or Tails X
There's no reason to give up on Jax. His midscreen high damage shit is indeed difficult, but it's worth putting the time into. Jax and Ermac have always been my 2 favorite MK characters and at first, they both felt so foreign to me trying them in this game.

Ermac, while pretty basic is nothing like Jax, who has high execution (at least midscreen). I sat down in practice one day for hours until I could consistently do f+2,1~overhead dash punch, run, f+2,1, 1,1, f+2,1~gotcha grab. 41% midscreen, I believe. Holy shit does it feel good hitting that. Jax had NOWHERE near this damage midscreen in MK9 and was still considered a solid character. Stick with Jax. If nothing else, switching to someone else will seem like a breeze after becoming familiar with Jax's run combos. Shit, Sub Zero's b+2 run cancel stuff midscreen seems like cake now (just forget about ever doing Jax run combos online unfortunately).
This is my main my problem. The fact online makes his midscreen nearly impossible... Do online Jaxs even bother with the midscreen stuff?

I mained ermac in MK9 started with him in MKX. Although I still play with him every now and then I "settled" on Kotal Kahn simply because I think hes just an all around badass

This is a really interesting question actually. Does anyone ever really get what they're looking for in their fighter in a 100% complete fashion? No. We have to work towards being the most efficient with what we have. I think you should stick with Jax.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
This is my main my problem. The fact online makes his midscreen nearly impossible... Do online Jaxs even bother with the midscreen stuff?
I haven't even taken Jax online. I can't imagine anyone landing that midscreen run stuff consistently. It does suck, man....I agree. I say stick with him and hope for some netcode improvements. I picked up Kotal Kahn because I find his combos pretty online-friendly, but I still hit the lab with Jax as much as possible. I have NO ONE to play offline, so online is my only option, which totally sucks.