What's new

Are you happy with your main? Or did you settle...?

Solo

Shadow Priest
I knew I was gonna main Liu Kang. Now, I did have plans to learn Kotal Kahn, but I settled for Raiden.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
Hopefully he gets a buff. I can't see him not getting a buff it's just a matter of when. So in your opinion his main problem is his normals?
No in my opinion his problems is how punishable he is all around, I think they need to make his zoning a bit safer, and maybe give his normals a little boost in speed. If they Nerf his damage and give him this two things I will be happy. But right now it seems impossible to properly balanced kenshi without making him suck or insanely broken. But I certainly won't complain of they give balanced an over head since he desperately needs it

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
This is a really interesting question actually. Does anyone ever really get what they're looking for in their fighter in a 100% complete fashion? No. We have to work towards being the most efficient with what we have. I think you should stick with Jax.
Actually I couldn't have asked for anything better out of reptile seriously. The only problems I ever really had with him last game was that his pokes were meh, and he was supposed to excel mid range. They gave him rangeand then some while still keeping he core playstyle relatively the same. I fucking love reptile so much... <3

Northern Slasher

Heads or Tails X
No in my opinion his problems is how punishable he is all around, I think they need to make his zoning a bit safer, and maybe give his normals a little boost in speed. If they Nerf his damage and give him this two things I will be happy. But right now it seems impossible to properly balanced kenshi without making him suck or insanely broken. But I certainly won't complain of they give balanced an over head since he desperately needs it
His zoning does seem clunky... especially when you have instant teleport Scorpion waiting for you to try and pin him down with zoning. Although I think it is all zoners who struggle with this, but isn't that what Kenshi is all about? Keep away and zoning?

In MK9 was he broke? I never got to play many.

This is my main my problem. The fact online makes his midscreen nearly impossible... Do online Jaxs even bother with the midscreen stuff?
His midscreen is doable online. I got it down pretty well and was landing it online. I just dropped the 1,1 after the f2,1.

That would make it f2,1 ~ EX overhead dash punch ~ RUN ~ F2,1xxGotcha Grab. It's still like 35% which is great and it corner carries so much for you to set up the corner game and we all know Jax excels in the corner.

Just put the time in and you'll get it!

Tremor

Pet Rock
I "settled" for Reptile since Tremor won't be out for a time. I enjoy Reptile enough that the wait for Tremor doesn't feel as bad as it otherwise might have.

I'm hoping the Klassic Reptile skin is out soon so that I can enjoy him further.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
His zoning does seem clunky... especially when you have instant teleport Scorpion waiting for you to try and pin him down with zoning. Although I think it is all zoners who struggle with this, but isn't that what Kenshi is all about? Keep away and zoning?

In MK9 was he broke? I never got to play many.
Yup kenshi is all about that keep away, but even keep away characters need good normals to help them deal with people up close, as of right now kenshi gets fuvked up when you get in on him, and he sure as fuck needs his zoning to be buffed. be more safe so that you can actually do what the character is meant to do, v since even non teleporting characters can easily get in on him with a bit of patience, hell if you aren't stupid about getting in on kenshi you will take maybe 5% chip maximum then fuck him up when you get close since both of his armored moves to push you back are insanely punishable

Northern Slasher

Heads or Tails X
His midscreen is doable online. I got it down pretty well and was landing it online. I just dropped the 1,1 after the f2,1.

That would make it f2,1 ~ EX overhead dash punch ~ RUN ~ F2,1xxGotcha Grab. It's still like 35% which is great and it corner carries so much for you to set up the corner game and we all know Jax excels in the corner.

Just put the time in and you'll get it!
Good call man thanks for your input! I'm definitely going to take this advice if it makes it easier online.

Northern Slasher

Heads or Tails X
I "settled" for Reptile since Tremor won't be out for a time. I enjoy Reptile enough that the wait for Tremor doesn't feel as bad as it otherwise might have.

I'm hoping the Klassic Reptile skin is out soon so that I can enjoy him further.
Are we MK players that vain? I'm not calling you out, i'm just saying I feel the exact same way. I like Ermac but would love him if he had his UMK3 skin haha.

SilverHaze

You will obey.
Right now I'm holding out for Tanya and Tremor(most anticipated).
I tried Dvorah but her playstyle is pretty boring IMO.
I use Quan often but I'm going to switch to summoner since Warlock seems meh
I use Mileena because i mained her in MK9. She's ok to play.
Kano I like using the most though.

So i guess I'm happy with most of them.

KYJellyDonut

Custom Stick Junkie
I don't have much experience playing him yet. Is he really that bad? We're a little over 3 weeks into the game, I can't imagine him being that low tier as to be total shit. Look at Quan Chi, no wakeup, crappy normals...currently i'd put em higher tier. Maybe Kenshi just needs a little more lab time.

Possessed zoning is even worse than balanced, and kenjitsu it Rush down and has a joke of a vortex that takes way to much meter to get damage that is worth it, and his normals don't support the rush down play style, all his normals are slow as fuck and unsafe. All 3 variations he has are garbage. He is one of those characters that seems really good at first but once you take a big bite, you just raised you bit into a giant pile of shit.

Yoaks

A spaceman
Baraka was the character that introduced me to Mortal Kombat. I knew who he was before Scorpion or Sub Zero thanks to the Mortal Kombat Deception cover. I never played an MK game tho until MK9 due to my parents not allowing me too and me being a CoD/GoW fanboy.

Right around the time MKX was announced I decided to give MK9 a shot and try the character that sparked my MK interest. I mainly stayed in the lab and messed with Baraka and a little of Sektor since they were the ones I liked the most. But some of my friends on XBL that wanted to play me said "Don't pick those 2. They're garbage. *Sanford Kelly voice* Pick a Top Tier." So I learned a little of Kenshi since he was the cooler one of the Upper tier characters. He also has a sword and hes blind and has telepathy which is pretty tight.

So. Since Baraka and Sektor were killed off in MKX... I really only had one way to go. And that was Kenshi.

I obviously don't need to say anything about how the character plays cause thats been talked about way more than all of us can count. And I don't mind playing shitter tier characters. I mean... I played pre patch Lobo for Pete sake!

Ultimately tho... he wasn't doing it for me. Not because he's a zoner but because it just wasn't fun. And I also hate seeing Kenshi get killed.

So I started learning some Mileena. I've never really cared for her in past MK's, but when she was revealed. My interest grew.

Everything she did from what she said, how she dashed, how she ran was really cool. And her combos are swaggy as hell too.
She also by far has the best "look" in this game than any other MK game she was in. Mainly due to her having lips.

They'res really nothing about this character I don't like. Her design is flawless too me. And since shes the only playable Tarkatan in this game (as of now), it only makes sense that I play her.

She even crosses her Sai's in the character select screen like a Tarkatan would.

I keep telling myself I'll go back to playing Kenshi... but that hasn't happened yet lol. Mileena is too much fun for me even tho she might not be very good. But like people have said. That shouldn't really matter.

This is the end of my Mortal Kombat lyfe story. :DOGE

Last edited:

Northern Slasher

Heads or Tails X
Right now I'm holding out for Tanya and Tremor(most anticipated).
I tried Dvorah but her playstyle is pretty boring IMO.
I use Quan often but I'm going to switch to summoner since Warlock seems meh
I use Mileena because i mained her in MK9. She's ok to play.
Kano I like using the most though.

So i guess I'm happy with most of them.
BUT... you'll never be as content, or happy, with a character until your Tremor is released...right?