What's new

Anyone read any good comics recently?

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
Its wendnesday so you know what that means?COMICBOOK DAY!!!!!!!!!!
Up first is EARTH-2 ANNUAL!
We get the introduction of a NEW Batman and this one is willing to kill.
So it seems Earth-2 is actually a battleground for 2 Apokalips forces:
-Steppenwolf who just said fuck it and tries to rule the world himself and Kanto who is still very much loyal to Darksied.
Mister Miracle and Barda vs Fury.Meh.I really,really liked the Mr. Miracle from Final Crisis but this guy's the OG one so I dont know anything about him.And Barda and Fury are pretty much the same character arent they?
I like the new Steel.Steel is my fav JSA character and this dude looks like a good addition.
Also shoutouts to hints at Red Arrow and who ever that french kid is.
Also the annual is too short!

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Its wendnesday so you know what that means?COMICBOOK DAY!!!!!!!!!!
Up first is EARTH-2 ANNUAL!
So who is our new Batman do you think? Older Damian? Or does he not exist? As far as we know E2 Batman had one kid, and that's Huntress on E1. Is he the same one who broke into the cave in Justice League?
Meh to Steppenwolf, Fury is a very cool concept and I LOVE MR MIRACLE AND BARDA!
Steel is interesting, but for the first tiem I'm interested in Atom Smasher.
The fact we already have a Red Arrow and the fact that he said Red Arrows makes me think it might be referring to a squadron of fighter jets from the UK known as Red Arrows, or maybe an elite task force like The Sandmen.
If the french kid doesn't end up having mind powers then OOOOH MY GOD HE'S THE BRAIN!

Also not long to wait, another issue of Earth 2 next week!

CCVengeance

So who is our new Batman do you think? Older Damian? Or does he not exist? As far as we know E2 Batman had one kid, and that's Huntress on E1. Is he the same one who broke into the cave in Justice League?
Meh to Steppenwolf, Fury is a very cool concept and I LOVE MR MIRACLE AND BARDA!
Steel is interesting, but for the first tiem I'm interested in Atom Smasher.
The fact we already have a Red Arrow and the fact that he said Red Arrows makes me think it might be referring to a squadron of fighter jets from the UK known as Red Arrows, or maybe an elite task force like The Sandmen.
If the french kid doesn't end up having mind powers then OOOOH MY GOD HE'S THE BRAIN!

Also not long to wait, another issue of Earth 2 next week!
People have been saying it could very well be a grown up Dick,Jason or Tim.
And let me give you some info: Red Arrow is part of a team called The Red Files.They were the ORIGINAL superheroes that existed before Wonder Woman(The first public superhero).The other members are Red Tornado and The Red Bee.
Estatic doesnt even begin to explain my feelings for this book.So much good stuff and we still aint done world building!
We still have Hourman,Starman,Red Avenger possibly and Wildcat(The last missing member of the JSA Trinity).

CCVengeance

NEXT UP IN MY LIST:
X-Men #1 by Wood
Unlike a certain DC FG this comic lived to the hype!
All youneed to know is this: FAT BEHBEH!

EGGXI

Scary Bat
CCVengeance I don't think it's Dick, Tim or Jason, if Batman had a child with Catwoman & Robin is that child, I'm not sure the others were ever adopted. Jason would make the most sense as this Batman kills/red motif. Plus it's similar to an alternate universe featured in Countdown to FC. I doubt it's Damian too. I think it's probably someone new though as no one in Earth-2 so far is part of Earth-1.

Well we know Red Tornado is already in Earth-2. Don't know about those Red Arrows though.
Starman might not be in.. well... it depends, do you mean Thom? I think it will be complicated to have legionnaires in there.
If you mean the original Starman (I assume you do) then I have less confidence as Stargirl is in Earth-1.
But Wildcat is definitely suspiciously absent thus far...

CCVengeance

CCVengeance I don't think it's Dick, Tim or Jason, if Batman had a child with Catwoman & Robin is that child, I'm not sure the others were ever adopted. Jason would make the most sense as this Batman kills/red motif. Plus it's similar to an alternate universe featured in Countdown to FC. I doubt it's Damian too. I think it's probably someone new though as no one in Earth-2 so far is part of Earth-1.

Well we know Red Tornado is already in Earth-2. Don't know about those Red Arrows though.
Starman might not be in.. well... it depends, do you mean Thom? I think it will be complicated to have legionnaires in there.
If you mean the original Starman (I assume you do) then I have less confidence as Stargirl is in Earth-1.
But Wildcat is definitely suspiciously absent thus far...
OG Starman is in(or at least he was till Robinson left the book).He was supposed to be a brit astronomer.Hourman is definate in the works since Flash's ex works for his company.We are supposed to get our first look at Wildcat in 13 actually.TBH I have a very sneaking suspition they might make Wildcat gay just to pair him up with GL.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
OG Starman is in(or at least he was till Robinson left the book).He was supposed to be a brit astronomer.Hourman is definate in the works since Flash's ex works for his company.We are supposed to get our first look at Wildcat in 13 actually.TBH I have a very sneaking suspition they might make Wildcat gay just to pair him up with GL.
I could see that happening, you read JLA yet? Shit went down! But I couldn't find our JLA discussion thread earlier...

CCVengeance

I could see that happening, you read JLA yet? Shit went down! But I couldn't find our JLA discussion thread earlier...
yes.It was interesting but I think it's the weakest issue to date.And thank god they are at least seemly fixing Dr. Light.The whole rape angle was just too much.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
yes.It was interesting but I think it's the weakest issue to date.And thank god they are at least seemly fixing Dr. Light.The whole rape angle was just too much.
Knowing DC his character will be ruined again soon.
No way Catwoman is dead right? I mean her book is shitty but she's too iconic I think. Plus that gun looked weird. Or it was MMH in disguise or some crap. My main question though: Is that pale man meant to be Michael Desai/Outsider from Flashpoint?

Also I have a feeling Earth 2 is going to go down the toilet soon, looks like the multiverse is going to be a big theme, it always is in DC right? There is going to be another Crisis 52-style. Multiversity might screw some stuff up, but I trust Morrison. Basically Earth 2 is going to be ruined with some crossover or other.

CCVengeance

Knowing DC his character will be ruined again soon.
No way Catwoman is dead right? I mean her book is shitty but she's too iconic I think. Plus that gun looked weird. Or it was MMH in disguise or some crap. My main question though: Is that pale man meant to be Michael Desai/Outsider from Flashpoint?

Also I have a feeling Earth 2 is going to go down the toilet soon, looks like the multiverse is going to be a big theme, it always is in DC right? There is going to be another Crisis 52-style. Multiversity might screw some stuff up, but I trust Morrison. Basically Earth 2 is going to be ruined with some crossover or other.
Okay:
1.I'll just let it play out but remember: Trinity War begins after a hero dies.
2.I believe he may be in fact that Flashpoint character.
3.I dont trust Morrison.He writes good stuff but then he fucks it up royally(Magneto,Damian,etc).Cant say I'm particularly interested in this Multiversity of his.
4.Earth-2 getting fucked up....Please God no!So much good,interesting concepts!

I just read jla, looks like manhunter been busy with shaggy man when cat died. And the way that pale guy suddenly became very serious about killing catwoman right after she said "batman will find you if you kill me" makes me think it's someone very interested in batman's attention, don't know like Joker :)

EGGXI

Scary Bat
legion666 I don't think it's Joker... he's sorta out of the picture again for now. Pretty sure the pale guy is a sort of original character, Michael Desai. He only ever appeared in Flashpoint to my knowledge. You're right about the MMH thing I forgot he was occupied.

legion666 I don't think it's Joker... he's sorta out of the picture again for now. Pretty sure the pale guy is a sort of original character, Michael Desai. He only ever appeared in Flashpoint to my knowledge. You're right about the MMH thing I forgot he was occupied.
I know who desai is. I just suspected joker because of how he reacted to particularly batman being mentioned, and why is he out of the picture. I don't think he can be considered dead for sure after "death of the family" , if he can ever be considered dead. He just has problems with his face now:)

CCVengeance

I know who desai is. I just suspected joker because of how he reacted to particularly batman being mentioned, and why is he out of the picture. I don't think he can be considered dead for sure after "death of the family" , if he can ever be considered dead. He just has problems with his face now:)
I think he just meant that it's good if superheores come after him because that's what he wants.

I think he just meant that it's good if superheores come after him because that's what he wants.
Yeah, I thought so too, but it was just wierd how batman in particular got involved. But I agree this is my wishful thinking:) it just be a great explanation of the characters words and a sudden murder. And I agree that his facial features are similar to Flashpoints outsider.

Reedoms

Noob
So apparently James Robinson is gonna be writing a Namor book over at Marvel. I'm a little excited for it but I am sad to see him leave Earth-2.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Yeah, I thought so too, but it was just wierd how batman in particular got involved. But I agree this is my wishful thinking:) it just be a great explanation of the characters words and a sudden murder. And I agree that his facial features are similar to Flashpoints outsider.
Ah I think the Batman interest thing is like the key to defeating everyone else? Batman has shown he has a way to take down every league member except for Wonder Woman. Plus I think they might have a Batman of their own, when whoever it was broke into the cave, he pulled off his glove and his scan was accepted as Bruce Wayne.
So apparently James Robinson is gonna be writing a Namor book over at Marvel. I'm a little excited for it but I am sad to see him leave Earth-2.
Meh. Much though I like Robinson I find it rare that Namor isn't just an irritating character, I know he's not but he always seems so one-dimensional.

I live in the tri state. When I go to Manhattan to pick up my copy. I know imma be there for half the day. Nuff said.

I hope not. I hope noone knows so I'm in and out then i go to the south street seaport and grab a beer.