What's new

Question - Leatherface Anyone else eating their words?

hes okay but cmon so many og chars were neglected aint no body got time for that. Motaro, Chameleon, NoobSmoke, Blaze, Onaga, Kintaro

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Yep. They put a good deal of time and effort into him apparently. That's nice. But he's still fucking leatherface. Put time and effort into oh, I dunno.. Kabal, Nightwolf, Shang Tsung, Rain, Baraka, Sindel, Noob Saibot, Skarlet, Jade, Fujin, or even Stryker.

I hope this guest fails hard. People are making the argument that they're trying to generate mass appeal and create revenue or whatever.. Well, who are they trying to appeal to? Older MK fans who actually know who leatherface is seem to mostly share the sentiment that his inclusion is lame. There's a few self proclaimed horror movie buffs that think it's great, but they are vastly outweighed by the people that don't like it (at least from I've seen).

Maybe it's unfair to assume that the majority of the casual MK players (which are unquestionably the majority of the target audience) are pretty young, but the younger casuals probably don't even know who the fuck leatherface is.

Here's to drudging through the first two weeks of fighting 5728947934214834912 terrible online leatherface kids with their kinect mics on and then going back to never seeing his stupid ass again.
you are looking at it the wrong way around, its for people who buy the kombat pack to see leatherface and be like oh its that guy when the next movie comes out and then go see it

is the idea i believe. hence why alien got dlc as well (upcoming alien film)

9_Lives

Noob
I still don't like him or Jason, but it's whatever. There will still be like 31 other characters that I don't think are lame, plus 3 more if you consider quadborg's variations each to be different characters.

TamedLizard

Buff George
Nah not really.

I still think 4 guests is complete overkill and even so, there were better choices than LF.

However, NRS have done an extremely good job with him. At least he'll be fun to watch.

I'm making it my sole mission to never fall for the unblockable.

He still seems boring to me. His special moves are just slightly different chainsaw attacks, even though I know they're not.

Killer is going to be a beast in the corner. Butcher looks boring, but I love a good command grab. Pretty Lady zoning might be an issue...look at the size of those projectiles.

But overall....Meh. Cool Brutality though.

LOL at all the people already saying he's broke and shit without knowing any frame data.

PS - When's Bo Rai Cho? :joker:
Who said he's broken?

I am glad that they decided to include Cyrax, CSZ, Sektor, AND cyber smoke with this KP, but am I the only person scratching my head and questioning why guests like predator, jason, alien, and leatherface are deserving of full characters with multiple variations but none of the cyborgs are?

I'm not a big fan of the idea that they put these characters in MK to promote their upcoming movie releases. Don't companies usually do that by releasing corresponding self titled games? Like... Gandalf wasn't crammed into a game he didn't fit in to promote lord of the rings... lord of the rings had its own games. Maybe not the best example.. So, disney owns marvel if I'm not mistaken. Were they like, "oh hay we're making starwars movies so lets put starwars characters into marvel games to promote it!"? no... they made starwars games.

There are much.... MUCH better ways to promote a movie release than ruining unrelated games.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
In a gameplay perspective, seems well done.
It has lot of tools and the variations (love Killer's) add variety to his game plan, maybe he's too strong, but only time will tell this.

In every other perspective he's a lame generic boring fat psycothic maniac with a chainsaw that act like a brainless idiot, moving silly and with a pathetic haircut.
The more I see him in the Kombat Kast, the more I feel a disgusting bad taste in my mouth.
Totally not my cup of tea.
Thanks God there's Triborg.
Honestly what's generic about him?

What is unoriginal about a huge insane cannibal butcher that runs around beating people to death with work tools and always totes a huge chainsaw whilst wearing messy dress clothes and a mask made of human flesh?

Where is the lack of uniqueness in that combination?

People saying stuff like that and this whole "He looks cool and fun to play, but he isn't the character I wanted so I'd rather not have fun" stance is really perplexing.

Honestly what's generic about him?

What is unoriginal about a huge insane cannibal butcher that runs around beating people to death with work tools and always totes a huge chainsaw whilst wearing messy dress clothes and a mask made of human flesh?

Where is the lack of uniqueness in that combination?

People saying stuff like that and this whole "He looks cool and fun to play, but he isn't the character I wanted so I'd rather not have fun" stance is really perplexing.
He's an unrelated horror movie character from like 30 years ago. How long does a character have to exist before the idea of him isn't original anymore?