What's new

Question - Leatherface Anyone else eating their words?

How exactly doesn't a hyper gory psychopath fit? He fits perfectly he's just not as iconic as the other guests. So many people would have endlessly bitched about Freddy again. They didn't have lots of options for guest horror characters, they're the ones that sell DLC to casuals so they had to pick something. The only problem I have with Leather Face is that he's sorta based on real life murdering psychopath, Ed Gein. Glorifying him is like this is kind of questionable in taste. IMO

Last edited:

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
Good job for NRS on making him creative and he does have cool movesets and killer brutalities. But no, my opinion is still the same. I never found this character interesting in the movies and I still would have rather have another MK character in the game.

Espio

Kokomo
Not at all. I just accepted the fact that he's not going away and I have a new match up to learn, but still just as Quaker oatmeal tier as before. In fact, seeing footage confirmed that there was so little for the character that they gave him a zoning variation for a character who would never be trying to keep his opponent out and away from him. But it's whatever. I have a handful of characters I like to use or am hype to explore come March (Triborg). You can't expect to like everyone.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
How exactly doesn't a hyper gory psychopath not fit? He fits perfectly he's just not as iconic as the other guests. So many people would have endlessly bitched about Freddy again. They didn't have lots of options for guest horror characters, they're the ones that sell DLC to casuals so they had to pick something. The only problem I have with Leather Face is that he's sorta based on real life murdering psychopath, Ed Gein. Glorifying him is like this is kind of questionable in taste. IMO

Then the whole concept of leatherface in general would be glorifying ed gein, like all the leatherface movies and what not. It may be kind of questionable, but leatherface =/= ed gein in my mind.

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
No, I still don't like him and don't think he should be in the game (same as Freddy and Jason). I knew NRS would make him a fun character since Boon really expressed his admiration for the character.

All this Kast made me feel was sincere hope that NRS next project is a Horror Movie Fighting Game.

Afk Skinny

3D Krusader
I will applaud nrs for their efforts, but that effort could've gone into a new Alisa type character for MK games, or some evolved tarkatan. Definitely not eating my words. And I hope against hope that nrs is done with these guest characters after this game

He looks slow at first but the range of hes normals, atleast we know we need to block high at mid range, and he has a very short ranged low. I liked that the 3 variations got different skins, alltogether I didnt like hes play style.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
he looks pretty cool indeed .... much better than Jason, and NRS did a good job adapting him to the MKX .... he fits with the game proposal

Yep. They put a good deal of time and effort into him apparently. That's nice. But he's still fucking leatherface. Put time and effort into oh, I dunno.. Kabal, Nightwolf, Shang Tsung, Rain, Baraka, Sindel, Noob Saibot, Skarlet, Jade, Fujin, or even Stryker.

I hope this guest fails hard. People are making the argument that they're trying to generate mass appeal and create revenue or whatever.. Well, who are they trying to appeal to? Older MK fans who actually know who leatherface is seem to mostly share the sentiment that his inclusion is lame. There's a few self proclaimed horror movie buffs that think it's great, but they are vastly outweighed by the people that don't like it (at least from I've seen).

Maybe it's unfair to assume that the majority of the casual MK players (which are unquestionably the majority of the target audience) are pretty young, but the younger casuals probably don't even know who the fuck leatherface is.

Here's to drudging through the first two weeks of fighting 5728947934214834912 terrible online leatherface kids with their kinect mics on and then going back to never seeing his stupid ass again.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
He still seems boring to me. His special moves are just slightly different chainsaw attacks, even though I know they're not.

Killer is going to be a beast in the corner. Butcher looks boring, but I love a good command grab. Pretty Lady zoning might be an issue...look at the size of those projectiles.

But overall....Meh. Cool Brutality though.

LOL at all the people already saying he's broke and shit without knowing any frame data.

PS - When's Bo Rai Cho? :joker: