What's new

Anybody know what is ChrisG fight stick button layout?

Holy Christ this guy wields a mean Green Arrow!

I was just watching the YouTube video Sabin put up of Chris G vs. Brady. Beautiful match - I learned much from both these guys.

As a Green Arrow mainer myself, and recent acquirer of the Injustice Fight Stick, I am curious about his fight stick button layout, I would like to replicate it.

If anybody knows it please share. Thanks.
hi,
i recomend u (and all others) my layout imho the best.
this is for 6 button stick:
light-medium-hard
throw-meter burn- char trait

give it a try ;)

Primiera

Wonderful Woman
Personally, I wouldn't recommend that setup. I don't see the point in putting throw as a main button, nor should you be putting character trait on the least accessible of the six buttons normally used. Throw on the thumb's slot is wasting one of the most accessible fingers, plus it is a natural command with light + heavy anyway. It's far more convenient to have the default setup or this slight modification:

Light - Medium - Meter Burn - whatever
Heavy - Trait - Flip Stance - whatever

Light, medium, and heavy are in the spots where you can hit them at all times, and you can do 90% of the things you need with those three buttons alone. Meter Burn is mainly there for convenience and doing Supers with heavy + medium + Meter Burn. As a Green Arrow main, you'll want your trait accessible, so I'd keep it within the five button placements I mentioned (3rd button on the bottom row is the least accessible button).

Flip stance would mainly be for throw teching with it, not much purpose for that button outside of Super's shortcut but then again there's not much purpose for Interactable or Throw with the manual commands either.

Personally, I wouldn't recommend that setup. I don't see the point in putting throw as a main button, nor should you be putting character trait on the least accessible of the six buttons normally used.
No, with my setup u can trigger throw like in sf4 and also like in original mk stick.
sure it is an shortcut but u still can trigger it pressing two buttons, it feels just familiar.

my setup is for players who play also a lot of other fg,s
mk9 only or even injustice only players may find it wrong lol

Primiera

Wonderful Woman
No, with my setup u can trigger throw like in sf4 and also like in original mk stick.
sure it is an shortcut but u still can trigger it pressing two buttons, it feels just familiar.

my setup is for players who play also a lot of other fg,s
mk9 only or even injustice only players may find it wrong lol
Give me a logical reason, completely outside of wishing to press one button instead of two, why throw is a main button. I will keep an open mind.

The reason I recommend against your setup is because it's touted as best (not just personal preference) to a new stick user, yet it is tactically less efficient than default due to putting two necessary buttons in harder to hit spots in favor of a logically useless button (unless using the throw + stance option select, and even then) in a prime spot. It honestly doesn't matter whatsoever, but I play anime fighters + SF.

Give me a logical reason, completely outside of wishing to press one button instead of two, why throw is a main button. I will keep an open mind.

The reason I recommend against your setup is because it's touted as best (not just personal preference) to a new stick user, yet it is tactically less efficient than default due to putting two necessary buttons in harder to hit spots in favor of a logically useless button (unless using the throw + stance option select, and even then) in a prime spot. It honestly doesn't matter whatsoever, but I play anime fighters + SF.
Ok i explain my layout:
light-medium-hard
throw-meter burn- char trait

the top three buttons are more logical and feels like SF obviously.
Also in SF and MK9 (original Stick and arcade layout) throw is triggered by both left buttons , in my setup u can still press these two buttons even there is a shortcut (just to maintain muscle memory). u get it?
meter burn button is in the place where in the original MK layout the block button is (to trigger EX moves)
Char trait is imo very good button right.
u can also trigger Super with fadc´ style plus hard button and interaction with medium and hard buttons on the top!

for me this is a logical mix between MK and SF, that make sense ;)

Primiera

Wonderful Woman
It's only the throw button that has me confused. In other games, you press two buttons to throw; here, you press two buttons to throw - why do you want to recommend using a button on throw? If your sole reason is to maintain muscle memory, it's preserved anyway by Light + Heavy.

It's only the throw button that has me confused. In other games, you press two buttons to throw; here, you press two buttons to throw - why do you want to recommend using a button on throw, if your solo reason is to maintain muscle memory, yet it's preserved anyway by Light + Heavy?
Since i main ssf4ae and MK9 as well i like to trigger the throw in the same way, thats all.

chris g had a twitter tantrum today (whats new) so i dont expect a response. does he do his own stream? catch him there live if so. i can do no more
That's cool my man.
I greatly appreciate your proactive attitude - thanks.
You and that other guy Alda (sorry forgot the rest of your name) Primiera, Mapusa are the only ones whom truly came here to help. Thanks.

I won't lose sleep over it. I just put the thread up so if by chance someone comes across it they can land it here.

Primiera

Wonderful Woman
I was trying to help you, both in my initial post and when someone posted a setup you probably won't get as much out of as default. I'm unsure why you keep insulting me - the only time I've been rude to you was when you called me hallucinogenic over something I never posted in the first place.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
As I posted in the Stick Layout thread 9.95 made, I highly recommend making the interact button accessible. You cannot cancel strings into interact (to use the background objects in combos) without using this button. Pressing 1+2 does not work for this like it does using other interactables.

AeroGrunt

Stay Puft
When I first started playing MK on stick I really wanted to know other people's button layouts too just to test different things and see which I like best. I understand what you're doing. I'll send him a tweet too and see if he replies.

Shyguy

Ol_Jibbs
The guy just wanted Chris G's layout. Does it matter if he's going to use it because Chris G does? He didn't say, "Hey I want Chris G's layout and also your opinion on me asking for Chris G's layout." Sometimes it's helpful to know what the pros are using because they obviously have a great understanding of the game.

But yes, I would also refer you to the stick layout threat 9.95 made, very informative and helped me make my decision.

Stchamps

PSN: SoaD_009
I was actually going to take a screenshot of ChrisG's button layout last Injustice stream I saw him in because I wanted to know the same answer, but I was too lazy to :( My config is:

L M H
T Mb I

I like using my thumb on the trait. It feels similar to marvel. I've seen some people switch the Mb and Interact, but I hate that because it is way too difficult to do an Mb f3 or b3.

Ok, Let me clear up some grave misunderstandings - mostly on my end.

First,
I want to apologize publicly to Primiera (man was I so wrong about you!)
Primiera sent me a private message that truly humbled me and taught me about myself at the same time. Thank You.

I just want to make it known, Primiera is really trying to help out in his own way, I didn't acknowledge it before, but I do now :)

@ AeroGrunt, @ Shyguy, @ Primiera, @ GGA Dizzy
Thanks for the 9.95 thread

@ Stchamps,
Lol. That's cool - at your convenience.

Here is Chris G's layout: (Courtesy of Primiera finding the video)

PS3 Remote:
Square = Light
Triangle = Medium
X = Hard
Circle = Power
R1 = Interact
L1 = Throw
L2 = Flip Stance
R2 = Meter Burn

Xbox 360 (Translation):
X = 1
Y = 2
A = 3
B = Power
RB = Interact
LB = Throw
LT = Flip Stance
RT = Meter Burn

RELEASE CHECK = Off
ALTERNATE CONTROL = Off

What does Release check do?
What does Alternate control do?

Since I use the Xbox 360 fight stick, I googled PS3 fightstick images (specfically the capcom SFIV Fight Stick). I used its physical button layout as a point of reference for where to assign Chris layout onto my Xbox Injustice Battle. (I won't say stick and his name in the same sentence) Anyways, thought I'd share this in case any of you Xbox 360 guys need a physical button reference.

I look forward to trying these out later.

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
Here is Chris G's layout: (Courtesy of Primiera finding the video)

PS3 Remote:

Square = Light
Triangle = Medium
X = Hard
Circle = Power
R1 = Interact
L1 = Throw
L2 = Flip Stance
R2 = Meter Burn

RELEASE CHECK = Off
ALTERNATE CONTROL = Off

What does Release check do?
What does Alternate control do?

Since I use the Xbox 360 fight stick, I googled PS3 fightstick images (specfically the capcom SFIV Fight Stick). I used its physical button layout as a point of reference for where to assign Chris layout onto my Xbox Injustice Battle. (I won't say stick and his name in the same sentence) Anyways, thought I'd share this in case any of you Xbox 360 guys need a physical button reference.

I look forward to trying these out later.
Release check is negative edge.
Alternate controls are SF-esque inputs iirc.

Primiera

Wonderful Woman
That's default.

Release check enables negative edging, which means letting go of a button in place of pressing a button in activating special moves. It's mainly used for zoning and charge characters, since the worst that can happen if you screw up is nothing. I wouldn't recommend it for this game, it can make you accidentally cancel a chain into a special you didn't mean to.

Alternate control adds inputs to make them closer to basic fighting game inputs, IE in Street Fighter a Hadouken is Down
+ Down-Forward + Forward + Punch, but in IJ it's by default Down + Forward + whatever. Turning it on means you have to be more precise in your special moves, but it can also help avoid nasty accidents like pressing D + DB and getting a special move when you were trying to anti-air or something.

That's default.

Release check enables negative edging, which means letting go of a button in place of pressing a button in activating special moves. It's mainly used for zoning and charge characters, since the worst that can happen if you screw up is nothing. I wouldn't recommend it for this game, it can make you accidentally cancel a chain into a special you didn't mean to.

Alternate control adds inputs to make them closer to basic fighting game inputs, IE in Street Fighter a Hadouken is Down
+ Down-Forward + Forward + Punch, but in IJ it's by default Down + Forward + whatever. Turning it on means you have to be more precise in your special moves, but it can also help avoid nasty accidents like pressing D + DB and getting a special move when you were trying to anti-air or something.
Ah, so I guess it's best to leave Alt controls on for me. I think I would rather avoid such accidental mishaps.