What's new

Anybody know what is ChrisG fight stick button layout?

UPDATE: We Have It:
Here is Chris G's layout: (Courtesy of Primiera finding the video)

PS3 Remote:
Square = Light
Triangle = Medium
X = Hard
Circle = Power
R1 = Interact
L1 = Throw
L2 = Flip Stance
R2 = Meter Burn

Xbox 360 (Translation):
X = 1
Y = 2
A = 3
B = Power
RB = Interact
LB = Throw
LT = Flip Stance
RT = Meter Burn

RELEASE CHECK = Off
ALTERNATE CONTROL = Off

"Original Post"
Holy Christ this guy wields a mean Green Arrow!

I was just watching the YouTube video Sabin put up of Chris G vs. Brady. Beautiful match - I learned much from both these guys.

As a Green Arrow mainer myself, and recent acquirer of the Injustice Fight Stick, I am curious about his fight stick button layout, I would like to replicate it.

If anybody knows it please share. Thanks.

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
Why would you copy his layout. I mean sure he is good, but I don't think blatantly replicating his layout will make you any better. You should just practice with your own layout. I cant really talk though... default erryday.

Yo dog, this is the fight stick he uses:
Not gonna lie, that was funny.

@ MorbidAltruism,

This is part of my practice routine. I investigate button layouts with the small time I have available - there is a reason I study the layouts, which I won't get into. I never said "replicating his button lay out would make me better" -- you said that.

@ Primiera,
It is usually wise, before responding, you have the full facts present - so when you respond, it makes sense to the person whom you are responding too. You are not making sense to me.

I never said copying him "would make me better" you somehow hallucinated yourself into making my post say that, then you go and challenge your own hallucinated post.

I learn, study this game at my pace by my own standards of practice approach. Part of that approach is looking at different button layout styles. It may seem unorthodox to you - I won't go into detail how it helps define my orientation process - but it works for me and that is what matters.

Rathalos,
I know you tried your best - but your response was not helpful. His twitter is not a interest to me, I don't even have a twitter nor do I plan to. I come here for answers *you know, magic of social media and all that* If I don't find them - it's a good thing life goes on :)

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
Whoa. Calm down man. It was implied that you thought you would get better by copying his layout. Dissing everyone who responded wont help you. If you really practice by finding different layouts then why do you need Chris G's layout?

Komatose

The Prettiest
Whoa. Calm down man. It was implied that you thought you would get better by copying his layout. Dissing everyone who responded wont help you. If you really practice by finding different layouts then why do you need Chris G's layout?
Because Chris G is cool. And I mean lbsh, who doesn't want to be cool?

Whoa, seriously, my bad. I was not trying to diss anyone.
If it came out that way I apologize. I don't remember being stern with you. I told you -- "you said that" because you did - I never mentioned anything about me becoming better by replicating his layout.

I was stern with Primiera only because he was stern. "Not a diss"

I was being sarcastic with Rathalos because I took his comment as sarcasm. "Not a diss"

If you look at the guys whom posted gifs or funny remarks I even hit the "like" button on them. No need to be all uptight here "it's the Internet".

However, when it comes to stern and sarcasm that I can do with no problem :) That said, you misinterpreted my responses which is ok - that's normal on the Internet

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
Whoa, seriously, my bad. I was not trying to diss anyone.
If it came out that way I apologize. I don't remember being stern with you. I just said "you said that" which you did. I never mentioned anything about becoming better by his replicating his layout.

I was stern with Primiera only because he was stern. "Not a diss"

I was being sarcastic with Rathalos because I took his comment as sarcasm. "Not a diss"

If you look at the guys whom posted gifs or funny remarks I even liked they're responses.
So please don't I was dissing. You misinterpreted my responses which is ok - that's normal on the Internet
No problem. It is usually just the way we read the text with innate bias based on the context we manifest. My bad.

Primiera

Wonderful Woman
@ Primiera,
It is usually wise, before responding, you have the full facts present - so when you respond, it makes sense to the person whom you are responding too. You are not making sense to me.

I never said copying him "would make me better" you somehow hallucinated yourself into making my post say that, then you go and challenge your own hallucinated post.

I learn, study this game at my pace by my own standards of practice approach. Part of that approach is looking at different button layout styles. It may seem unorthodox to you - I won't go into detail how it helps define my orientation process - but it works for me and that is what matters.
It seems you are hallucinating - I never mentioned or implied the words "make you better." I said his button layout has nothing to do with your layout, which should be true - this game's execution bar is extremely low compared to most fighters, and nothing is out of reach with a little practice. Putting your buttons in a different order won't affect anything but your comfort and ease, which has everything to do with YOUR preference, not Chris G's.

It seems you are hallucinating - I never mentioned or implied the words "make you better." I said his button layout has nothing to do with your layout, which should be true - this game's execution bar is extremely low compared to most fighters, and nothing is out of reach with a little practice. Putting your buttons in a different order won't affect anything but your comfort and ease, which has everything to do with YOUR preference, not Chris G's.
You obviously edited out that "make you better" part of your comment, I guess to make your above quote look better. Since I did not quote the original post - it's whatever at this point.

As far as this statement of yours:
I said his button layout has nothing to do with your layout, which should be true - this game's execution bar is extremely low compared to most fighters, and nothing is out of reach with a little practice. Putting your buttons in a different order won't affect anything but your comfort and ease, which has everything to do with YOUR preference, not Chris G's"
I already responded to this, when I responded to your first post so let me copy and paste it here because you are going in circles recycling a verse that never had to do with my post:

"I learn, study this game at my pace by my own standards of practice approach. Part of that approach is looking at different button layout styles. It may seem unorthodox to you - I won't go into detail how it helps define my orientation process - but it works for me and that is what matters."

Basically, It was never about ChrigG preference and it was always about my comfort.
That said, you and I won't get anywhere. Your totally off subject with the question to my thread - you are looking to argue. This thread was created for a simple "simple yes or no" question. I will end my responses to you here. Respond as you may.

And that's how we lost new members, good job guys.
Thanks Aldazo. I really appreciate that. It's all good - but I am not leaving. lol. I don't take it serious.... but...

I am going to get ignorant here in explaining this...
If it got to that serious point - I am pretty sure most guys on this site do not take in 200 grams of protein daily, eat six meals daily, have trained in bodybuilding amateurs for the last five years full of physical results from such discipline.

Someone in here would seriously get wrecked in real life and until they actually PM me to meet in real life face to face - I ignore and lose respect for them. If there was a rare occasion my immaturity residing deep inside me get's the better of me and I find out this said troller will be in a live tournament I may just decide to pay them a visit there in person and see what all the fuss is really about.

Good thing, there is not enough ignorance here to bring that side out of me, or I would had been left. That said, the ability to ignore, bypass... whiners or people that come here just to argue like say Primiera, is a good trait to have.

Primiera

Wonderful Woman
You obviously edited out that "make you better" part of your comment, I guess to make your above quote look better. Since I did not quote the original post - it's whatever at this point.

That said, you and I won't get anywhere. Your totally off subject with the question to my thread - you are looking to argue. This thread was created for a simple "simple yes or no" question. I will end my responses to you here. Respond as you may.
I did not edit my original post.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
To be honest I use a gamepad instead of a stick but I really would like that the camera take some shots of the pads while REO or Tom are playing, 'cause I dont get how they have such fast reactions, I saw that in EVO 2012 in the VF5 stream the camera focus on the sticks during the match of gentlemanthief and Kamaage, and they move their fingers at light speed, I was :eek:. 9.95 phil post about the best button layout for Injustice using a MK9 stick so I think there are layouts more convinient than others and Chris Gesus definitly has to use one of the best layouts. but dont get mad with the guys 'cause most of them are very funny and I'm sure they were just joking :).

I really would like that the camera take some shots of the pads while REO or Tom are playing, 'cause I dont get how they have such fast reactions, I saw that in EVO 2012 in the VF5 stream the camera focus on the sticks during the match of gentlemanthief and Kamaage, and they move their fingers at light speed.
Yes I wish I could see that as well. That is impressive reactions when both players are light speed themselves. It is amazing when you think about it.

Chris Gesus definitly has to use one of the best layouts.
This^ I am curious to see if he is using all 8 buttons and his muscle memory adapted to the layout or if he has consolidated it down to 6 buttons. The man plays Green Arrow like a mad man and I like it. lol.

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
this thread is absolutely fucking ridiculous, not because of OPs honest and fair question, but because everyone jumped on their high horse and shot him down for no reason. if you dont know chris g layout, if you dont want to know chris g layout, dont open the thread, dont reply, dont waste your time.

if you know the layout please supply.

the purpose of the question is not your concern and it is not your place to judge why the question was asked (im sure there is more than one reason).

i would like to know his layout as well. for my information.

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
this thread is absolutely fucking ridiculous, not because of OPs honest and fair question, but because everyone jumped on their high horse and shot him down for no reason. if you dont know chris g layout, if you dont want to know chris g layout, dont open the thread, dont reply, dont waste your time.

the purpose of the question is not your concern and it is not your place to judge why the question was asked (im sure there is more than one reason).

You just replied without his layout? A better question would be... who does know his layout? Besides Chris of course. :16Bit

Thanks. Appreciate it. I also appreciate the effort you made regarding the tweet. Thanks.