What's new

Angry Joe interviews Major Nelson

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
Here's a question for everyone: Why are you all so upset about a 24 hour check? How much data do you think is going to have to go between you and Microsoft in order to run this check? A few hundred kilobytes? Are you people seriously implying that your connections are poor enough/data caps low enough that you cannot spare these few hundred kilobytes once a day for your games? If this is true, obviously you should not be spending your money on Xbox One, you're too poor to afford the LUXURY of an ENTERTAINMENT DEVICE. Put that money in the bank and use it for more important things in your life. It's as simple as fucking signing in, then you can sign right back out again if you really want to. SMH

Here's another question: Why is everyone so upset about the Kinect Sensor being a requirement? If you truly believe that big brother is watching you, or that you're important enough for anyone to give a singular fuck about what you say/do within range of the detector, what stops you from unplugging the damned thing when you aren't using your Xbox? What stops you from, within the software, turning off all of the Kinect features that are not directly required for gameplay mechanics? Get over yourselves.

Here's my opinion of this interview: What a fucking awful interview by Joe. There is a fine line between asking "the hard questions" and pressing for straight answers, and interrupting and being disrespectful towards the person you are interviewing. Nelson fired back with about 1/10th of the hostility he received, and made Joe's lack of knowledge on a lot of topics really shine. He even fell for the classic "Well do you agree with this broad, barely related scenario that you'd be a fool to disagree with? Yes? Then, you agree with everything I'm about to say" gag FFS. I like Joe's videos, I like his rants, he's not a bad person or anything like that. But, jesus christ, this interview was nothing short of disrespectful to Major Nelson. Mr. Hyrb is a PR GOD for dealing with Joe in the way that he did. Anyways... Microsoft has a few months still before the release of Xbox One, and they have infinity time after that to continue sculpting the console and the experience into something worth my hard earned dollars. I have no idea why everyone is writing them off already before the damned thing is even finished. And anyone buying any console right away at release is a fool anyways -- technology 101 is never buy the very first generation of a brand new technology. Give it 6 months for everything to be smoothed out and v2 to release. It'll probably be even cheaper then, anyways.
I approve of this message...

Now waiting for JaredL response........and hearing the same response in 3,2,1.....

LesMore

Top 8 Injustice Frosty Faustings VII
Xboxone is going to fail...
It's trying to put gamestop out of buisness. what will replace these peoples Jobs?
It has a camera that is always on, can se in the dark and just this week it was revealed that The Goverment along with Google, Microsoft and numerous other companies were spying on everything we do... The line "They dont give a fuck about us" doesn't really fit the frame of the world we live in anymore...

Also the original anonymous member who was arguing in the begining of this thread was an obvious shill..
Also 100$ more, lol aint nobody got money for that...

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
It's trying to put gamestop out of buisness. what will replace these peoples Jobs?
It has a camera that is always on, can se in the dark and just this week it was revealed that The Goverment along with Google, Microsoft and numerous other companies were spying on everything we do... The line "They dont give a fuck about us" doesn't really fit the frame of the world we live in anymore...

Also the original anonymous member who was arguing in the begining of this thread was an obvious shill..
And by numerous other companies you mean in full- Microsoft,Facebook, Twitter, and Google...2 of the biggest Social Networking outlets and a convenient and WELL used search engine... And Microsoft is the danger? You ever read Facebook or Twitter...GG Les

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
I believe in capitalism. That's why I Pre-ordered one just to sell it for a few grand around Christmas.

However, I will be a Sony nut higher from here on out and am ready for the sexiness that follows.

Xbox will fail.

LesMore

Top 8 Injustice Frosty Faustings VII
And by numerous other companies you mean in full- Microsoft,Facebook, Twitter, and Google...2 of the biggest Social Networking outlets and a convenient and WELL used search engine... And Microsoft is the danger? You ever read Facebook or Twitter...GG Les
there is a big difference between what people willingly share online versus a camera in your living room watching how many people you have at your house during a movie... oh you mean those 8 kids at your sons birthday party have to pay a license to watch a movie because youe only paid up for four? your shortsightedness is amazing...

gg "webs"...

windsagio

Unique flower

I'd pick developer jobs over gamestop jobs any day.

yes, absolute statements always are correct. the xbox will not fail at all, why you think that is beyond me. even if all the "real gamers" shy away, the call of duty/madden army will keep it afloat. plus it has actual appeal to non gamers unlike playstation which is literally doing nothing different but praying that this backlash will save their company slide.

out of all the stuff that has been said, i have yet to be given any reason why if i didnt have a ps3, i should get a ps4. i mean nothing. no different brand new games, no super awesome feature that would make me say oh now its worth switching to them. if your only reason is i dont want to pay 100 more, well i guess thats all there is to it. would you really not buy it cuz you need online? clearly you have internet if you are looking at this forum

I'd pick developer jobs over gamestop jobs any day.

they dont care, or cant understand it. if all the "i only buy used games" people go to ps4, and all the people who mod their system to download games illegally all go to ps4, i wonder what will happen to that platform. i feel like publishers and developers would quickly say fuck this and start pulling content from sony unless paid significantly to recoup their losses

Major Nelson seems like a really cool guy but he avoided a lot of important questions Joe asked with answers like "I don't know about this" or "I can't talk about this". M$ should have this guy as their PR in events like this and not some arrogant white collar monkey like Mattrick who has become the laughing stock of the internet the last few days

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Wow...the X-box representative is a complete liar. I mean, really, do you guys seriously struggle comprehending when someone is completely bull shitting you? Microsoft totally want's your money and totally want's to control your gaming lives. I'd say the same thing towards Sony if they pulled the same shit. It takes brains, common sense, and a sense of neutrality to see when "they" want to take over. Bitches please...they are stepping over the boundaries like no other...

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
He asked some good questions. Didnt get ask the major ones though
Except not really. If I were there, I'd ask the real questions that the REAL people wanted to know. There is a screening process for all journalist's at these kinds of events...they don't want normal or the average person asking pesky questions...because it would require them to answer some very difficult questions.

windsagio

Unique flower
Except not really. If I were there, I'd ask the real questions that the REAL people wanted to know. There is a screening process for all journalist's at these kinds of events...they don't want normal or the average person asking pesky questions...because it would require them to answer some very difficult questions.

As opposed to fake people?

Why should I give a fuck about developers jobs? They are there to make a profit and I am there to be entice to buy said product. If I think the product is worth a day one purchase than I will buy it day one.

You don't see toyota, ford, honda saying "HEY STOP SELLING MY CARS USED!". WE GOTTA EAT TOO!

Kinect is required to be on, I mean yes you can get a tin wrap and wrap it around the kinect. But really? do I want to pay 100 dollars more for something I will never use?

PS3 do have better graphics on their exclusives. You only see major flaws when it comes to multiplatform games due it being more efficient to make games on the weaker/easier to make system (wii exception due to it being drastically weaker).

Ps4 is more indie friendly. They allow self publishing while xbox has gone on record to say that it isn't allowed (could change but it hasn't changed for the 360, self publishing is allowed on the vita/ps3).

In reality it comes down to a few things

1) price
2) exclusive games
3) developer support
4) ease of use/convenience

We all know why the xbone is more expensive. Its the kinect, simple as that.

Exclusive games is subjective. I prefer the ps4 due to the Japanese developer support.

Indie are already jumping on the Sony bandwagon, many have publically talked shit about the xbone (Johnathan blow comes to mind). Also I do not want another "skullgirls incident" to happen. Shit was retarded.

Ease of use comes down to using the system when I want, where I want and how I want. Xbone doesnt do that for me. Xbone is trying to have a pc formula style gaming on a console gaming system. If I want pc style gaming I'll go to the PC and have 1) better gfx, 2) mods, 3) cheaper games 4) more connectivity and so on. I often brings games over to friends houses and I have no interest in connecting it to the internet.

Lastly I do import games. Can't do that with xbone (confirm region lock again) while Ps4 is confirm no region lock.

While some of these may be a "meh" for you, its major for me. I buy games for me and not for anybody else. I'm not trying to feed any developers. I buy games that I think are worth it and that is that. If you want to shove some bullshit in an attempt to force me to buy your shit then guess what? I won't buy it. Worse case is that I buy it on PC when its like 10 bucks.

One last thing, people who compare steam to xbone are making the worse argument ever. steam lets you be offline an infinite amount times longer and has games on sale VERY often. There are 2-3 year old games on the XBL marketplace for full MSRP still. Why? Just why?

edit

God reading the whole "devs gotta eat" argument is just so irritating. Maybe if they didn't spend fucking 100mil (tomb raider) to make a game that has NEVER sold past 5mil copies and expect a profit then I might feel some sympathy.

RoGE

Noob
So if I don't have an online connection that means I can't play the xbone? Can someone tell me why they thought this was a good idea when there are plenty of people who don't have their xbox connected to the internet? I know plenty of people that don't have an online connection lol

Also wow @ people defending this, I have yet to see a reason why this is a good marketing idea that wasn't shut down completely by another point. Microsoft got what they deserved.

Another big issue is the damage that has already been done. I know X1 has THE best features out of the consoles, but it also has some lackluster ones ie limited offline. Unfortunately all my friends and family have already stated they are refusing to buy the X1 and Im simply not going to get one for THAT reason. They need to do some serious damage control.

the Xbone is a GREAT system if it were to come out in the future. Its way to early for that kind of system in our current times. Half of America still has comcast. The same motherfuckers (you can google this) that said Americans don't want fiber like internet. The fuck?

If the world were to have better connectivity, and more stable fiber like internet then I can see the xbone being a success. But not in our current times. The infrastructure outside main cities in America and Europe can't support it. Also I dislike the whole "Yeah used games at "participating retailers"". O Yeah because I needed another fucking monopoly like structure in my life right? Because I can't go to my local mom/pop store and get the shit I want.

Some people fail to realize that this is not exclusively Microsoft's fault. Gamers themselves have the power to define the console market. Let's take a look at what happened in last gen.
Did the most gimmicky and casual console ever made win the console war? yes
Was the PS3 the leading device for Netflix? yes
Was the Kinect a commercial success? yes
Were games with DRM and numerous other restrictions (Dialo, Simcity) successful? yes they were

These and many more were leading factors in the new policies MS adopted. Everyone has the right to bitch about MS' draconian restrictions but in the end it won't matter because you are the vocal minority and the braindead person next to you is still gonna buy the X1 and accept all the shit MS will throw at him

*Joe making a legitimate remark*

Major Nelson: "I'm sorry, are you a programmer on the dev team? Then let me do the talking."

*Joe asking a good, simple and clear question*

Major Nelson: "Let me ask you this: Do you not care about our family package? Do you not care about the future of gaming? Well then we agree that it's a good thing."

ZedZeus

WoolayWarrior
So here's a scenario I haven't noticed anyone talking about - what happens when certain countries ban games? How would it affect the XB1?

For example - we all know MK9 is banned in Germany. So in a similar situation with the XB 1, I'm guessing you can make games unavailable for download to specific countries by recognising IP addresses, thus enforcing a ban on a specific game.

So lets say hypothetically when MK10 comes out on the XB1, the game is banned in Germany; do I just have to deal with not being able to play MK10 on XB 1 in Germany? Injustice was banned in a couple of countries in the Middle East for having the title 'Gods among us' in it - so bans on games aren't exactly well thought out.
If there was such a scenario for MK9 Madzin would have never got to play MK9!! :eek:

FYI - this is not FACT - I am asking the question on how a ban on a game will be enforced on the XB 1?

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
So here's a scenario I haven't noticed anyone talking about - what happens when certain countries ban games? How would it affect the XB1?

For example - we all know MK9 is banned in Germany. So in a similar situation with the XB 1, I'm guessing you can make games unavailable for download to specific countries by recognising IP addresses, thus enforcing a ban on a specific game.

So lets say hypothetically when MK10 comes out on the XB1, the game is banned in Germany; do I just have to deal with not being able to play MK10 on XB 1 in Germany? Injustice was banned in a couple of countries in the Middle East for having the title 'Gods among us' in it - so bans on games aren't exactly well thought out.
If there was such a scenario for MK9 Madzin would have never got to play MK9!! :eek:

FYI - this is not FACT - I am asking the question on how a ban on a game will be enforced on the XB 1?

You can only activate a game from a region, in the region.

I'm not sure how it handles Europe or if Germany is a separate region from anything else but in theory, you should be able to buy from Austria. Now the question is, can you active outside Austria, I think you probably will.

I know for sure the UK is a separate region though. You can't buy from UK and the UK can't buy from you.

ZedZeus

WoolayWarrior
So if a game was banned in the UK - I cant buy it from , say, France, and play?

Also, if you can activate a game outside of your region/country - doesn't that make banning a game redundant? So does this mean that no games in the future can ever be truly banned??? :D

So many questions, so few answers!

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
So if a game was banned in the UK - I cant buy it from , say, France, and play?

Also, if you can activate a game outside of your region/country - doesn't that make banning a game redundant? So does this mean that no games in the future can ever be truly banned??? :D

So many questions, so few answers!

If the UK is as they suggest, a region and only the UK is within the region, though they might include Ireland I'm not sure, then a ban of a game in the UK would mean you can't use it.

However, Microsoft did say that if you activate a console in the USA, bought in the USA you can play it anywhere, it just has to be activated there so... if you wanna jump through 10000 hoops you could potentially get it to work. Though, I'm not sure if its only for the console or includes games.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
there is a big difference between what people willingly share online versus a camera in your living room watching how many people you have at your house during a movie... oh you mean those 8 kids at your sons birthday party have to pay a license to watch a movie because youe only paid up for four? your shortsightedness is amazing...

gg "webs"...
You do realize that you can always put a t-shirt over the Kinect right? You know keep the boogeyman away... Also.. Cover sheets with mirrors, don't take photos of people because it traps the soul.. ANNNNNND most importantly... The tin foil hats WILL keep the Aliens from reading your thoughts...

Are you serious?
People's willingness to "share" via the Internet is outright disgusting.. Some people have no filter and will literally post a step by step basis through their day...