What's new

Angry Joe interviews Major Nelson

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
*Joe making a legitimate remark*

Major Nelson: "I'm sorry, are you a programmer on the dev team? Then let me do the talking."

*Joe asking a good, simple and clear question*

Major Nelson: "Let me ask you this: Do you not care about our family package? Do you not care about the future of gaming? Well then we agree that it's a good thing."
Have you ever witnessed a political debate? Have you ever seen an interview where the subject was under fire or scrutiny? Typical, typical PR based interview...key component is flipping words and reverse psychology.

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
Xboxone is going to fail...
It's trying to put gamestop out of buisness. what will replace these peoples Jobs?
It has a camera that is always on, can se in the dark and just this week it was revealed that The Goverment along with Google, Microsoft and numerous other companies were spying on everything we do... The line "They dont give a fuck about us" doesn't really fit the frame of the world we live in anymore...

Also the original anonymous member who was arguing in the begining of this thread was an obvious shill..
Also 100$ more, lol aint nobody got money for that...
First and foremost, I'm glad I have finally met a psychic who can see into the future.

Second, GameStop is handling trades with Xbox One Games, accessories and systems.

Where is a source saying that Kinect is used for government spying? That's big brother paranoia speaking.

Second, GameStop is handling trades with Xbox One Games, accessories and systems.

Not necessarily true. It's the publisher of each individual game that has the control of the used game selling thingamajigger. Gamestop may be a middleman IF you have a disc-based version of a game and the publisher allows you to deal through gamestop... but don't assume it to be a given. It is 100% the publisher's choice and they have the power to completely disable used game sales/trading to my knowledge.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
Not necessarily true. It's the publisher of each individual game that has the control of the used game selling thingamajigger. Gamestop may be a middleman IF you have a disc-based version of a game and the publisher allows you to deal through gamestop... but don't assume it to be a given. It is 100% the publisher's choice and they have the power to completely disable used game sales/trading to my knowledge.
As far as publisher power goes.. Is that going to be Microsoft exclusive? Or industry standard going into the future?

As far as publisher power goes.. Is that going to be Microsoft exclusive? Or industry standard going into the future?
M$ only to my knowledge. Sony is still operating on the current system we've been using for the past forever. If you've got the game, you can sell it trade it whatever.

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
When I say we accept trades of those products, that is with the assumption that the publishing team of any given game allows it. That same policy applies to PS4 games as well, and from what I'm hearing, Wii U games.

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
When I say we accept trades of those products, that is with the assumption that the publishing team of any given game allows it. That same policy applies to PS4 games as well, and from what I'm hearing, Wii U games.

Except its not true for the PS4.

The PS4s used game policy is very very clear. First parties, no DRM. DRM up to the third parties with online passes not allowed.

The PS4 has no way to ban you from trading in a game. There is no way for the PS4 to stop me selling my PS4 games to my local independant game shop. They have no means to stop it.

Xbox One has those means though, since you don't own your games and are sold a license. So, the xbox one disc is useless while the PS4 disc contains the game.

Why would you lie? Is it because the truth about xbox one is so horrifying that you must convince yourself sony is just as bad?

LesMore

Top 8 Injustice Frosty Faustings VII
You do realize that you can always put a t-shirt over the Kinect right? You know keep the boogeyman away... Also.. Cover sheets with mirrors, don't take photos of people because it traps the soul.. ANNNNNND most importantly... The tin foil hats WILL keep the Aliens from reading your thoughts...

Are you serious?
People's willingness to "share" via the Internet is outright disgusting.. Some people have no filter and will literally post a step by step basis through their day...
your replys just scream Douche...

LesMore

yes, absolute statements always are correct. the xbox will not fail at all, why you think that is beyond me. even if all the "real gamers" shy away, the call of duty/madden army will keep it afloat. plus it has actual appeal to non gamers unlike playstation which is literally doing nothing different but praying that this backlash will save their company slide.

out of all the stuff that has been said, i have yet to be given any reason why if i didnt have a ps3, i should get a ps4. i mean nothing. no different brand new games, no super awesome feature that would make me say oh now its worth switching to them. if your only reason is i dont want to pay 100 more, well i guess thats all there is to it. would you really not buy it cuz you need online? clearly you have internet if you are looking at this forum
maybe its just hard to realize through the lens of your day old troll account...

LesMore

My replies mirror the statement at which they are in response to... Hence the douche similarity
No your just coming off as a douche... from the moment you told me GG les like you owned me or somthing... thats how internet douches act...

LesMore

No your just coming off as a douche... from the moment you told me GG les like you owned me or somthing... thats how internet douches act...
I mean really you NEVER hear anyone say on this site... wow Webs what smart observation...

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
Ohhh.. That's cool.. In that similar train of thought and logic.. Not responding to a post with logic or thought instead..just throwing Douche around is big boy talk huh?

LesMore

First and foremost, I'm glad I have finally met a psychic who can see into the future.

Where is a source saying that Kinect is used for government spying? That's big brother paranoia speaking.
Its called PRISM just google it... its already proven to be happening... there is no argument.. it is happening it is a reality...

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
LesMore
Here is something you probably missed due to it being longer than 4 words.. that should really be paid more attention to... In your case paragraph 2...
Here's a question for everyone: Why are you all so upset about a 24 hour check? How much data do you think is going to have to go between you and Microsoft in order to run this check? A few hundred kilobytes? Are you people seriously implying that your connections are poor enough/data caps low enough that you cannot spare these few hundred kilobytes once a day for your games? If this is true, obviously you should not be spending your money on Xbox One, you're too poor to afford the LUXURY of an ENTERTAINMENT DEVICE. Put that money in the bank and use it for more important things in your life. It's as simple as fucking signing in, then you can sign right back out again if you really want to. SMH

Here's another question: Why is everyone so upset about the Kinect Sensor being a requirement? If you truly believe that big brother is watching you, or that you're important enough for anyone to give a singular fuck about what you say/do within range of the detector, what stops you from unplugging the damned thing when you aren't using your Xbox? What stops you from, within the software, turning off all of the Kinect features that are not directly required for gameplay mechanics? Get over yourselves.

Here's my opinion of this interview: What a fucking awful interview by Joe. There is a fine line between asking "the hard questions" and pressing for straight answers, and interrupting and being disrespectful towards the person you are interviewing. Nelson fired back with about 1/10th of the hostility he received, and made Joe's lack of knowledge on a lot of topics really shine. He even fell for the classic "Well do you agree with this broad, barely related scenario that you'd be a fool to disagree with? Yes? Then, you agree with everything I'm about to say" gag FFS. I like Joe's videos, I like his rants, he's not a bad person or anything like that. But, jesus christ, this interview was nothing short of disrespectful to Major Nelson. Mr. Hyrb is a PR GOD for dealing with Joe in the way that he did. Anyways... Microsoft has a few months still before the release of Xbox One, and they have infinity time after that to continue sculpting the console and the experience into something worth my hard earned dollars. I have no idea why everyone is writing them off already before the damned thing is even finished. And anyone buying any console right away at release is a fool anyways -- technology 101 is never buy the very first generation of a brand new technology. Give it 6 months for everything to be smoothed out and v2 to release. It'll probably be even cheaper then, anyways.

LesMore Enough name calling. It's ok to disagree. It's ok to swear. But if you repeatedly call people douches that's crossing the line. I know you're smarter than this.