What's new

Amplified (EX, MB) moves — Universal inputs are back

trufenix

bye felicia
They will memorize all their unique strings and specials, memorize an entire games worth of frame data in order to compete, and have never had any issues with memorizing unique fatality inputs for every character, but if its a mb special then oh no thats not allowed
I've just got no fucking clue.
b,f+2 > MB = Optimal
b,f+2 > f+2 = A GOD DAMNED TRAVESTY, who the fuck do you think I am?

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
They will memorize all their unique strings and specials, memorize an entire games worth of frame data in order to compete, and have never had any issues with memorizing unique fatality inputs for every character, but if its a mb special then oh no thats not allowed
Exactly, people will learn to play every character for sake of nonstop counterpicks, but they’re not willing to commit to learning a couple extra mb inputs for a “main” character? Seems spineless but we know the types of people we’re dealing with here.

The people that want the universal mb need to check their priorities..they don’t want unique mb inputs because they will be exposed for being inexperienced players; unwilling to adapt with their main character. Just let muh counterpick.

-________-

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
The irony of people smashing us for wanting the unique inputs for mb back. When they are clearly the ones that petitioned for it to be reverted back to normal.

You all realize the exact thing you’re criticizing us for is just precisely what you guys complained about in the first place.

Wake up.

Darth Mao

Your Tech is Mine! #buffRaiden
These are not like EX moves where you're pressing the attack button + interact button at the same time. You amplify a move after the special has already started. So if you're near an interactable and you're amplifying a move it means you're already in the middle of a special move. For example, Sub-Zero's slide is not b,f+3+interact. It's b,f+3, he begins the slide, then you press the amplify button. (it's not hard to time though)
Thank you very much

weird how never in sf history have people complained about ex being two buttons for every character but everyone here thinks using r1 to meter burn is strictly for complaining scrubs. if nrs kept it the normal way from the beginning, you wouldn't have a second thought about it.
It's not that it's extra buttons, it's that it could be any combination of buttons depending on what the amplified move was.

In SF an EX was always two attack buttons. No matter the character or move. Always the same. You didn't need to learn a different combination for Ryu's EX fireball and Ken's.

Maybe it was an overreaction on NRS' behalf, or maybe they did some more testing and looked at the feedback and felt that maybe it wasn't the best option.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
It has nothing to do with casuals or skill-less or scrubs. It was a pointless design decision that served no purpose. It doesn't add depth, it doesn't add strategy, it doesn't add anything useful to game. It was just a nuisance to have. I understand if certain moves for example could have 2 different outcomes when you amplify them, but those don't exist in the game. I wish they did.

It's just a pointless thing to have and just another thing to remember when switching between characters or variations even. Why? What is the point? It doesn't all of a sudden make you a better player if you remember those inputs, and don't even bring up execution. MK execution was always piss easy and extremely lenient and that's definitely not a way to make it "harder". It was just annoying.

But hey, I guess even NRS pros are scrubs in your minds then.
because when you map one button to do multiple things you end up doing something that wasn't your intention. i quit MKX because i had various issues with breaking combos when not wanting to, doing an enhanced move when i never wanted to waste meter, try to run, not run. the input errors. I quit Injustice 2 because i kept getting these same issues.

having it the way they had it made it so I HAD FULL CONTROL, if the move didnt amplify IT WAS MY FAULT 100%. it meant that i had to take my ass in practice and get these moves down.

id go into practice with injustice 2 and i never fucked up, i get into a match with doctor fate and id continuously would get that god damn stupid enhanced health regain when all i wanted was DB+2.

ALL these issues with MKX and injustice 2 were due to NRS holding my hands and trying to "help" and simplify things all it did was ruin my playing experience.

Who do i email to ask or suggest there to be an option or switch it both ways, i know damn well im going to do a move and then go for a intractable and my move is going to amplify and im going to be TRIGGERED!!

Last edited:

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
WEEEWOOOWEEEWOOOOOWEEEEEWOOOOOWEEEEOOOOOO(Siren sounds)

Woahhhhhhh!!!!! Is there more then one opinion around here!? Don't worry, your favorite neighborhood

is here!

Alright Folks! Let's keep this nice and orderly, everyone make sure to agree that the new input system sucked and we're glad they changed it. If you see anyone spreading wrongthink then just let me know; I'll take care of it. If you see something, scream something! Only you can prevent alternative opinions!

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Any chance you guys make it an option to toggle on or off? This is a very unfriendly change to stick players (interact only makes sense because it is the RB on pads but forces very wonky button layouts). I was really looking forward to the unique inputs as it would have made characters much more dynamic to play and I thought that was part if the whole rebranding of meter burning moves as amplifying moves and Im surprised you guys ditched this idea so quickly before people could even try it out in the betas...
Replying to this and other stick player posts. As a stick player I use 1+2 to amplify, which is the alternate input for interactable. I think it feels good and even better then Block for my layout personally. Either way it's another option to consider.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Replying to this and other stick player posts. As a stick player I use 1+2 to amplify, which is the alternate input for interactable. I think it feels good and even better then Block for my layout personally. Either way it's another option to consider.
I guess that means no plans to have it as an option :(

I never found the double button short cuts reliable in injustice and played with them always off because I would go to punish something with bane 12 in front of an interactable and sometimes it would do reversal interactable instead. Please consider making it an option that can be toggled like so many other things in the game, I was really looking forward to it.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
You skipped over my main point, which is the point that many people are quoting to you in this thread: that these inputs are not *difficult*; they do not function in a way that requires *additional skill*. They’re simply extra rote/basic memorization that doesn’t actually add anything to the gameplay.

You sir have made yourself out to look like the Fool of the Week in this thread with all this pandering and creating of straw men. Come on now Dave :p
I disagree, I’d say it adds to the gameplay in that it’s more dynamic and satisfying than just pressing a single button.

Doing Baraka’s chop chop and hitting a single button to extended it is fine, but the idea of doing it and then instead having to mash 2 for even more stabbing is more engaging and fun. The same with having to grab after ice slide to get the amplified version that throws into the ice wall. You give the move the context of the command.

Like in Tekken, there aren’t many “special moves” but things like stances or dynamic attacks are still connected to the limb buttons.

You do Lee’s d3 into 3+4 he crouch’s into his hitman stance, and if you do u/f +4 he’ll do a forward flipping kick all in a smooth sequence, and it all feels satisfying because you feel more immersed in your inputs and the results because they all correlate. Relegating it to a catch-all button removes that context.

And I didn’t mind that before, but now that we were shown it and then took a step right back before it even had a chance to breathe, I’m kind of pissed.

It really should be an option.

It was just turning special moves into strings. Strings are fun. If every string was just one button press they would feel way less engaging to do.

Last edited:

chrisofrays

Fish can hear you thinkin just before you sneeze
I think every character should now have unique inputs for attack buttons. Now sub zeros 4 and 3 are swapped over whilst Sonyas punches and kicks are swapped over. Why? Because im not a scrub, i am the kombo king and im not a noob

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I think every character should now have unique inputs for attack buttons. Now sub zeros 4 and 3 are swapped over whilst Sonyas punches and kicks are swapped over. Why? Because im not a scrub, i am the kombo king and im not a noob
I think every character should have the same strings and special move commands because any sort of variation in inputs is too overly complicated and unnecessary.

All strings should be 1,1,1 and 2,2,2 and 3,3,3 and 4,4,4 and every special move should be a down forward that way we don’t have artificial difficulty right guys, learning things that require memory is stupid, we should be able to master the entire cast on day one.

You know what, scrap the entire game, if NRS really wants to listen to fans they should buy out Foozies and rename it MK11

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
I agree with the minority and my fellow stick players. I play on hitbox and I wouldvwo liked to have at the options to map the amplified button to my choice.

I don't care for the exicution part of it or if it means 1 button presses are better or more scrubby. I just want to the choice.

It's game mechanics. Why is it's always locked away from us when we could map it out ourselves.

So many other games gives us the freedom to do so but a knee jerk reaction changes this just on the fly.

Why does one button in NRS games always have to function with several different priorities?