What's new

Amplified (EX, MB) moves — Universal inputs are back

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
The previous meterburn system was never implemented with the goal of purposely making things harder. NRS and Ed Boon has always been clear that's not part of their design goals.

The solution they came up with sucked and they found a better way to do it. NRS was never on the "pressing extra buttons for no reason" side.
Nobody seems to understand this.

They also don’t seem to realize that they weren’t really random buttons, all the extra commands made sense in context.

The amplified ice slide made Sub throw people into an ice wall so the command was just grab, Scorpion’s amplified spear added an elbow so the command was just 2, IIRC.

It was more like you press a button and they do exactly what you inputted, instead of pressing a button and move just comes out that is unrelated to the context of the command.

Last edited:

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
To be clear it is the interact button not block.
And there you have it, folks! We heard correctly.

Now the question remains... what happens when you’re within range of an interactable? Will we have a situation similar to Cassie’s combo from MKX which would sometimes trigger the interact when you don’t want it? Or what if you actually want to chain an interactable after a move, rather than amplifying it?

Zaccel

Noob
I appreciate what they're doing, but I was really excited for the new system because it meant less likely input overlaps (maybe).
Not gonna complain too loud though

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
Classic Dave. Even when I go into "wtf r u even talking about, Dave?" mode - he still makes me laugh. Gotta give it 2 him.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Here's a reality check, "bro":
One one hand, you reductio ad absurdum mock the "super elite button combinations" -- clearly implying they're literally nothing to "brag" about and those advocating for them (read: to be given even a fucking chance to try them out, before sentencing them for death!) are scrubbier than those decrying the change -- while, simultaneously, wetting your diaper about the game becoming "too complicated" and your poor noggin being unable to memorise a handful of facile inputs for the two or three of characters you'll end up sticking with -- characters who, presumably, will be chosen using the Age-old metric of "biggest tits" and "smallest learning curve".

No offence, and inb4 raysiss / bigot / anti-Semite / Islamophobe / "orange man, bad", are you even cognisant of how (soap bar in my mouth) your contradictory stance makes you come across?... Or is Dunning-Kruger in full effect? Indeed, do you even care that your non-arguments are so retardedly contradictory?... Or has the MAGApede disease now lowered the intellectual bar to such a sub-limbo, nadir level, that whatever inane, nonsensical shit one spouts = a Shakespearean sonnet in quantum mechanics -- as long as enough fools are found to admire it...? =/

Is this the real life?... WTF is going on with you people plebes?

THE APPLICABLE INPUTS HAVE BEEN DUMBED-DOWN -- AS PREDICTED -- JUST AS THE CACOPHONOUS CHORUS OR CASUAL CRETINS CRIED FOR IT TO BE.

NOTHING ABOUT THIS GOING TO CHANGE [BACK] NOW, JUST AS NOTHING CHANGED IN INJUSTICE 2'S BROKEN, OFFLINE "LOAD-OUT" BUG -- NRS ARE 2-CENT HOOKERS ONLY FOR THE COIN POUCHES THAT JINGLE THE LOUDEST, AND NOT FOR WHAT LONG TERM FANS, "THE HARDCORE" OR DIE-HARDS OF THE GENRE WANT.

BRIDGES WILL ALWAYS BE BURNT TO REACH THE POT OF GOLD AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW -- THE GLOBALISTS DID THE SAME WITH THE WEST, AND VIDEO GAME COMPANIES WILL CONTINUE TO DO THE SAME WITH THE "OLD SCHOOL". 'TWAS ALWAYS THUS AND ALWAYS THUS WILL BE... 'CAUSE CAPITALISM SAYS SO.

AS SUCH, CLOSE THESE FLAGRANT FLAMEBAIT THREADS AND MOVE THE FUCK ON TO THE NEXT LEAK SPECULATION!
Every thread is a flame thread when you light yourself on fire, walk into a room, and then proceed to toss insults at everyone and everything on the planet but yourself.

DDustiNN

Here's a reality check, "bro":
One one hand, you reductio ad absurdum mock the "super elite button combinations" -- clearly implying they're literally nothing to "brag" about and those advocating for them (read: to be given even a fucking chance to try them out, before sentencing them for death!) are scrubbier than those decrying the change -- while, simultaneously, wetting your diaper about the game becoming "too complicated" and your poor noggin being unable to memorise a handful of facile inputs for the two or three of characters you'll end up sticking with -- characters who, presumably, will be chosen using the Age-old metric of "biggest tits" and "smallest learning curve".

No offence, and inb4 raysiss / bigot / anti-Semite / Islamophobe / "orange man, bad", are you even cognisant of how (soap bar in my mouth) your contradictory stance makes you come across?... Or is Dunning-Kruger in full effect? Indeed, do you even care that your non-arguments are so retardedly contradictory?... Or has the MAGApede disease now lowered the intellectual bar to such a sub-limbo, nadir level, that whatever inane, nonsensical shit one spouts = a Shakespearean sonnet in quantum mechanics -- as long as enough fools are found to admire it...? =/

Is this the real life?... WTF is going on with you people plebes?

THE APPLICABLE INPUTS HAVE BEEN DUMBED-DOWN -- AS PREDICTED -- JUST AS THE CACOPHONOUS CHORUS OR CASUAL CRETINS CRIED FOR IT TO BE.

NOTHING ABOUT THIS GOING TO CHANGE [BACK] NOW, JUST AS NOTHING CHANGED IN INJUSTICE 2'S BROKEN, OFFLINE "LOAD-OUT" BUG -- NRS ARE 2-CENT HOOKERS ONLY FOR THE COIN POUCHES THAT JINGLE THE LOUDEST, AND NOT FOR WHAT LONG TERM FANS, "THE HARDCORE" OR DIE-HARDS OF THE GENRE WANT.

BRIDGES WILL ALWAYS BE BURNT TO REACH THE POT OF GOLD AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW -- THE GLOBALISTS DID THE SAME WITH THE WEST, AND VIDEO GAME COMPANIES WILL CONTINUE TO DO THE SAME WITH THE "OLD SCHOOL". 'TWAS ALWAYS THUS AND ALWAYS THUS WILL BE... 'CAUSE CAPITALISM SAYS SO.

AS SUCH, CLOSE THESE FLAGRANT FLAMEBAIT THREADS AND MOVE THE FUCK ON TO THE NEXT LEAK SPECULATION!
There’s nothing “flamebait” about this thread. I simply pointed out an observation regarding a previously divisive design change. The only flame is people like you that continue to argue incessantly about it.

Calm your panties, my friend. Everything will be okay.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
And there you have it, folks! We heard correctly.

Now the question remains... what happens when you’re within range of an interactable? Will we have a situation similar to Cassie’s combo from MKX which would sometimes trigger the interact when you don’t want it? Or what if you actually want to chain an interactable after a move, rather than amplifying it?

These are not like EX moves where you're pressing the attack button + interact button at the same time. You amplify a move after the special has already started. So if you're near an interactable and you're amplifying a move it means you're already in the middle of a special move. For example, Sub-Zero's slide is not b,f+3+interact. It's b,f+3, he begins the slide, then you press the amplify button. (it's not hard to time though)

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
As long as it doesn't overlaps with anything i'm fine with it. But still i think it would be for the best to have an option to choose either some of us want to play with more complicated commands or not.

The interactable button its the far less button i ever use on the stick layout so he stays on a place where i hardly press it, moving amplifying button to it makes me having to remap my entire Mortal Kombat Configuration and that's the part where i really don't like it, i rather have learning complicated commands so i keep my precision, my button layout which helps me learn the game more faster and if by any chance i get frustrated i won't accidentally trigger an amplification or if near an interactable i won't accidentaly activate one or amplify one by accident, rather than relearning not just the game but having to reajust my entire button layout because amplified has been moving somewhere else.

I'm glad most people got what they wanted even though i don't really aprove this idea, can i at least get an option to choose? Everyone gets what they want, we who like precision on execution would get exactly what we wanted at expense of taking forever to learn new characters and who ever likes simplier inputs and wants to learn characters faster are also able to do so.

just a though, @16 Bit @colt

DDustiNN

These are not like EX moves where you're pressing the attack button + interact button at the same time. You amplify a move after the special has already started. So if you're near an interactable and you're amplifying a move it means you're already in the middle of a special move. For example, Sub-Zero's slide is not b,f+3+interact. It's b,f+3, he begins the slide, then you press the amplify button. (it's not hard to time though)
You’re a gentleman and a scholar, sir.

I’m curious why the interact button was chosen over the block button. Did the block button create situations where unwanted actions would happen? Such as perhaps whiffing a move, then wanting to immediately block, but now amplifying the move instead? That’s the only reason I can think of.

Regardless... Guess I’m gonna have to get used to the new button!

Thanks for the clarification!

Mods... Admins... Please... For the sake of that shining city on the hill, that we all so eagerly yearn to immolate for...

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
THANK GOD for that!! All I'm going to say, so glad they took the general feedback. The using U+2, U+3 wake up attacks alone are going to get a little getting used to, I didn't want to have to worry about the different holding buttons down, imputs etc to enhance moves. Thanks NRS, keep it simple if it's not broke don't fix it. Though I'd prefer it still be block but I can just switch my configuration around I suppose.

DDustiNN

Mods... Admins... Please... For the sake of that shining city on the hill, that we all so eagerly yearn to immolate for...

Honestly, the only thing that needs to be shut down here is you. Every single one of your posts sounds like the drunken homeless guy you see nonsensically rambling to himself and yelling across the street at no one.

SinkFla

Noob
When you guys get input mistakes because of input overlap I don't want any of you to complain about NRS because they did the optimal thing to avoid that and you guys disagreed and didn't even want to test it and see how it goes. I'm exaggerating and I know I stand with the minority so I'll just take this change as it is and move on
Yeah I fully expect people to accidentally whip out interactables mid combo now lmfao. I thought the system they were going to implement initially was kind of cool tbh. It's really not that more difficult than remembering a combo string. And if utilized correctly, it could have given some mechanical flair to the inputs. "What happens when I amplify this move? Oh that's right, it's a launcher so obviously it's gonna be up + same attack" etc. I wish it were at least the block button again.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
Honestly, the only thing that needs to be shut down here is you. Every single one of your posts sounds like the drunken homeless guy you see nonsensically rambling to himself and yelling across the street at no one.
Seriously, what the fuck!

You know how I sarcastically suggested he “do a headstand while amplifying moves,” y’know, as a metaphor for the sort of tryhard pretension being spewed all over this thread?

HE SURE FUCKING COUNTERED WITH A 1,500 WORD EQUIVALENT OF DOING A HEADSTAND ALRIGHT.