What's new

Afteraftermath leaks & rumors ... enter only with a huge grain of salt (Warning: Story Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well my source is very confident this is horseshit, especially the shinnok assist part. Fair enough for doubting me, but even with your guys saying this is credible, the leak itself just sounds very improbable. Unlike the leak I was told about and got confirmed. Mileena is in early development stages supposedly, so likely KP3 or last character in KP2.
What does your source says?

Of course what that guy did was bullshit, and I don’t blame them for not putting Reiko in MKX. But it’s 5 years later and for all we know that guy could be dead now. Reiko is next on my list of old favorites after Fujin who never really got much chance to shine and the rest of us who do want him shouldn’t have to be punished for the rest of MK history just because that guy did something really stupid. I hope Mileena gets in too but she’s had a lot of chances to shine. Anyway obviously Mileena is in the new movie and supposedly Reiko is too so why not put them both in the game?

Hello. What is the leak you were told of with Havik and Mileena?

Can you give a link please? Did you make a thread about it?
Not worth a story, it's just bits of information I've been relayed over the months. Havik has only become known as a possibility fairly recently, Mileena quite a while that they just started the process of creating her.

Well, I did tell you 'it's your call', didn't I? :p

In all seriousness, I'm starting to think my source may have gotten fooled. MK Dragon is also an individual with credible leaks who recently was 100% proven correct, so if he says his source is positive this is horseshit, I am willing to trust him as well.

@MK Dragon , have you heard anything about Rambo?
No mention of Rambo whatsoever.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Not worth a story, it's just bits of information I've been relayed over the months. Havik has only become known as a possibility fairly recently, Mileena quite a while that they just started the process of creating her.

Seriously? I'd think that, based on the removal of his assist, that he was a given at this point.

Lord Snotty

Lord of the Bletherrealm.

Is Shinnok a possibility?

mattteo

Noob

So you know of Mileena and Havik but haven't heard of Rambo? Well, unless you know all the characters (and you yourself are saying there's a KP3! 3 would mean at least 8 more, right??) then I believe that you may have some info just like the other "leakers". One may know about Mileena, one may know about Havik, one may know about others.

They seem to correlate on there being 8-9 more characters, with Havik, Daegon and Quan Chi in it+ at least one more guest. One mentions Mileena too and she was on that leak with Shinnok from before the game released 1 year ago. You say you know something about Mileena too. Those should be 5 characters out of the 8-9.

For the rest, we can exclude the ninjas who appear as part of Shang Tsung's gameplay and Cyrax and Sektor after Robocop's appearance.

So who is left? Who could be playable? Well, there's Takeda, Kung Jin, Ashrah, Reiko, Sareena, , one leak says Taven, Shinnok, another says Kai, John Wick and Deathstroke. It's got to be out of those. I can;t see anyone else. Some were DLC in previous games. Can't see Nitara being in with Skarlet there. Can't see any of the ones who died in the MKX comic: Mavado, Hsu Hao, Drahmin (sadly), Moloch, Kintaro. Onaga will surely not be now. Really don;t see Chameleon, Darrius, Dairou, Meat, Mokap, Kobra, Kira.

So that just leaves as potentials Takeda, Kung Jin, Ashrah, Reiko, Sareena, Taven, Shinnok, Kai, John Wick, Deathstroke and let's say Stryker for 3-4 roster spots, with nothing heard about Kung Jin.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
So you know of Mileena and Havik but haven't heard of Rambo? Well, unless you know all the characters (and you yourself are saying there's a KP3! 3 would mean at least 8 more, right??) then I believe that you may have some info just like the other "leakers". One may know about Mileena, one may know about Havik, one may know about others.

They seem to correlate on there being 8-9 more characters, with Havik, Daegon and Quan Chi in it+ at least one more guest. One mentions Mileena too and she was on that leak with Shinnok from before the game released 1 year ago. You say you know something about Mileena too. Those should be 5 characters out of the 8-9.

For the rest, we can exclude the ninjas who appear as part of Shang Tsung's gameplay and Cyrax and Sektor after Robocop's appearance.

So who is left? Who could be playable? Well, there's Takeda, Kung Jin, Ashrah, Reiko, Sareena, , one leak says Taven, Shinnok, another says Kai, John Wick and Deathstroke. It's got to be out of those. I can;t see anyone else. Some were DLC in previous games. Can't see Nitara being in with Skarlet there. Can't see any of the ones who died in the MKX comic: Mavado, Hsu Hao, Drahmin (sadly), Moloch, Kintaro. Onaga will surely not be now. Really don;t see Chameleon, Darrius, Dairou, Meat, Mokap, Kobra, Kira.

So that just leaves as potentials Takeda, Kung Jin, Ashrah, Reiko, Sareena, Taven, Shinnok, Kai, John Wick, Deathstroke and let's say Stryker for 3-4 roster spots, with nothing heard about Kung Jin.
What strikes me as odd is the fact that MK Dragon calls Havik a 'recent possibility' (and not an approved DLC character), while Mileena has been approved and is worked on.

mattteo

Noob
What strikes me as odd is the fact that MK Dragon calls Havik a 'recent possibility' (and not an approved DLC character), while Mileena has been approved and is worked on.

Yeah, I mean, if MK Dragon knows something or more of the characters, he should tell us.

Until then, there are 3 possible outcomes that have been speculated:

1. This is it, those 3 characters and nothing more.

2. Havik, Daegon, Michael Myers, Quan Chi, Ashrah, Kai, Deathstroke, John Wick

3. Havik, Daegon, Rambo, Quan Chi, Taven, Shinnok, Reiko, Sareena, Takeda, Mileena.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
1. This is it, those 3 characters and nothing more.
Personally, I'm not buying this for a single second. If MK Dragon says that more are coming, more are coming. I believe him.

I just don't understand the Havik part. His assist was removed before the game was released. A year ago. If he wasn't considered DLC back then, why remove it?

Personally, I'm not buying this for a single second. If MK Dragon says that more are coming, more are coming. I believe him.

I just don't understand the Havik part. His assist was removed before the game was released. A year ago. If he wasn't considered DLC back then, why remove it?
Maybe cuz it was pointless ? If it caused chaos for enemy , then im sure it was a useless consumable. Iv noticed , a long time ago, that AI dont get affected by chaos based debuffs .

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Maybe cuz it was pointless ? If it caused chaos for enemy , then im sure it was a useless consumable. Iv noticed , a long time ago, that AI dont get affected by chaos based debuffs .
The assist konsumables can be used against the player as well. Mileena's Sais cause chaos damage and irregular inputs on the player and not on the A.I.

One could argue that Havik's assist was redundant because of Mileena's assist, but there are two problems with that reasoning:
1) Havik's assist as a chaos-irregular input affliction makes much more sense for Havik to have, than Mileena. If someone's assist had to go, that would be Mileena's, not Havik's.

2) There are many assists which do the exact same thing yet coexist. Bo-Raicho's, Kung Jin's and Cyrax's assists do the exact same thing - paralyze the enemy for a few seconds. Yet they are all there. So I see no reason for Havik's assist to be in the game, despite doing the same thing with Mileena's.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Do you think Kung Jin could be DLC?

Who from the above 10 possibilities could be the last 3 or 4 DLC characters in your opinion?
Honestly? If the assist=deconfirmation 'rule' no longer applies … I haven't a clue.

If I was Boon and I wanted to make the remaining 8 DLC characters cater to MK Legacy fans, 3D era fans and guest fans, I would go with: 3, 3 and 2

MK Legacy characters: Mileena, Smoke (or Ermac or Rain), Cyrax (or Sektor)
3D Era: Havik, Quan Chi, Hotaru (or Sareena)
Guests: Deathstroke, Doomslayer

I think two KPs with those characters would be met with almost unanimous praise. It has something for everyone.

Seriously? I'd think that, based on the removal of his assist, that he was a given at this point.
The whole assist removal seems to point in his favour and while I do believe his is coming based on my source's response to wait and see, it was only recently that he shared he truly believed Havik is a possible as opposed to a few months ago when he hadn't heard about him being worked on and thought he probably wouldn't be in.

Is Shinnok a possibility?
Always a possibility, but nothing I can confirm nor deny. He hasn't mentioned him at all so I'd say unlikely.

Yeah, I mean, if MK Dragon knows something or more of the characters, he should tell us.
I am 100% truthful here, I don't know much. My friend shares some info from time to time and since I don't want to push for anything more, don't want to put him in jeopardy. As far as your 3 possibilities, those are not the only options. The 42 slots are likely to be filled so 8 more are coming, probably. Might be a KP2 with 6 characters and 2 freebees, a KP2 and KP3 with both 4. I really do not know.

Anyone who thinks this is it is just being a negative nancy.

Do you think Kung Jin could be DLC?
Not meant for me, but X newcomers as DLC is unlikely according to my source.

Status
Not open for further replies.