What's new

Accepting the New Kast

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I agree, most of us are loving the new characters but others are hating the idea... I just want to say that everything starts from 0, and we have to give them a chance... I bet some people will be waiting for the new characters in the next MK.

RelentlessOhio

Divekick x 1000
A lot of the characters in MKDA and Armageddon I couldn't stand, at all. Which is what scares me about MKX. NRS is much better now that they re-formed, but no one is going to agree on every single new character being "Awesome". Just won't happen.

I do like D'vorah though for sure.

gosoxtim

Noob
A lot of the characters in MKDA and Armageddon I couldn't stand, at all. Which is what scares me about MKX. NRS is much better now that they re-formed, but no one is going to agree on every single new character being "Awesome". Just won't happen.

I do like D'vorah though for sure.
yeah she grown on me to

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
there is natural resistance to accept the "new" .... that uses to take a bit of time, after that, people start to think more brainy and observing things, and so, the new ideas are accepted and welcomed .....

Ed Boon is the true "father" of MK franchise; I trust him and he will not disappoint this well succeed fg serie, even more in this new console generation, so, it's obvious that what they , NRS, are building in their development lab will be none less but top quality material ..... I prefer to behave optimistic and believe that they will hit the point more than make mistakes .... I will bet and give credit for Ed and NRS and guess that they are in charge and control of the development process for MKX, and their experience , previous one, with MK9 and IGAU, will help them to make MKX have a decent new character roster, based in what we have seen so far (D'vorah, Cassie Cage, Ferra/Torr and Kotal Kahn). About these new 4 already revealed, I really doubt that someone here hate any of them 100% ....

Anyway, we always can find a character that fits our own gameplay style (rushdown, zoning, hybrid etc), so, I doubt that anyone cannot be able to pick a main char in this new MKX ....

Espio

Kokomo
Nothing stays the same forever. I'm excited about the gameplay possibilities all these new characters have and it finally feels like the story and lore will be moving forward instead of stagnating, which is what I've wanted for a while (yay for Cassie).

If there's only a few returning characters from MK9, I'm fine with that. I wanna see new rivalries and end up enjoying and loving what these new characters have to offer.

I do hope to see Kai and Cassie working together though, I hope he's very young during MK4 and becomes sort of like the seasoned vet that looks out for her when her parents get older. Let a Kai fan dream ;__;.

RelentlessOhio

Divekick x 1000
It'll probably get better as more and more characters are announced. Just hesitant, this is the biggest change they've made in a long time. Doesn't feel like MK. I mean the gameplay will no matter what so that helps.

trufenix

bye felicia
Regardless of how many are "new", there are effectively going to be 72-90 characters in the game, no matter what the clothes and lifebar say. No one should want for finding a character thats fun to play, which is all that matters. I find it hard to believe with that many variations that a single special or normal from MK9 won't live on in some capacity.

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
Okay so I'll put my unpopular two cents in.
I'm really excited for a new MK game. I'm going to buy it. Sub-Zeros in it and it looks cool.
On a casual level it looks fun. I know I'll have fun playing it on a day to day basis.

On the flip side I'm not feeling the new characters at all. I do know that there are plenty of characters to be revealed though.
It doesnt look like something I'd be interested in watching on stream or learning how to play at comp level. Again I have an unpopular opinion, but it's just how I feel. These newer characters just don't do it for me at all. We have a full year to go though so hopefully my feelings will change.

The problem is not the new characters being in MKX, the problem is our favorite characters not being in MKX because they are gonna be replaced by new characters. On the first three MK games this wasn't the case.

"A point I brought in earlier is that our favorite MK veteran characters were at one point new characters themselves." -> Well, you can't say at one point, say Cage, was new, since MK was a new game, so he was never new to MK. :)

Noob
Everyone has to chill about this. Think about this for a minute:

MK1 - 7 brand new characters we've never seen before
MK2 - 12 characters, only 5 returning from MK1 (59% of the cast is new)
MK3 - 15 characters, only 7 returning from MK2 (53% of the cast is new)
UMK3 - 23 characters, only 11 returning from MK1/2 (52% of the cast is new)
MK4 - 16 Characters(if you inclued Noob), only 9 returning from MK1/2/UMK3 (44% of the cast is new)

I think everyone needs to realize that this has been an ongoing trend. In almost EVERY MK game from MK1 to MK4, almost half the cast is new. This is old news everyone, no need to be alarmed!

when i first saw nitara and frost i fell in love. but then there was li mei... i guess every game with new cast has a li mei...
im all for it... bring it boon

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
Ever since Midway died and NRS was born, they have done an amazing job in terms of character designs.

Back during the 3D era, nearly every new character was such garbage, with a few gems like Havik, Kenshi, and Mavado. The designs for the classic characters were also godawful.

Nowadays, I trust them in their decision, especially after seeing the current batch of newbies.

DangerousBacon

Mechanical Engineering Bitch!
Sub Zero is the only character that, (if excluded), can be used to say that an Mk game "doesn't feel like mk." Hell, I hope we get as many new characters as possible.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
I gotta admit I'll be somewhat disappointed if my favorite character (Noob Saibot) doesn't make it in the game, but I'll get over it. In truth, I'm super excited for all of the new characters. It should be a fun adventure getting to know their back stories and move sets.

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
Also, I really wish they would retcon both Skarlet and Nitara, and combine them into one character: Skarlet's powers and appearance, Nitara's backstory and wings (they don't have to be out at all times--see Meta Knight).