What's new

Accepting the New Kast

I've been seeing a ton of hate, doubt, disliking for the fact that probably about half of the Mortal Kombat X cast are going to be brand new characters introduced to the series.

It's a bit scary, I understand, but Boon never fails to deliver.

A point I brought in earlier is that our favorite MK veteran characters were at one point new characters themselves.
We should give the newbies a chance and I'm pretty sure we're going to end up liking them or at least accepting them into the series.

Boon himself stated that a large number of Kombatants are going to be new, but I have faith in the game.
Sure, I wanted to see Nitara and Kira, but I'm pretty sure MKX is going to turn out fine.

Who knows, we might fall in love with one of the newer ones in place of our current favs

Let's not forget about DLC possibilities.
(the rumor goes 16 veterans and 14 new ones are going to make up the roster of 30)
perhaps a large majority of the DLC will be some our favorites who didn't make the original cut!!

Just trying to keep people positive!

Last edited:
I think the reaction to the new cast members has been really really positive actually.
Yeah, most of us are, but there's still people who are pretty hesitant about it.
Outside of TYM, the hate is surreal.

I think most of us here are ready for it, but it's pretty intimidating thinking about a roster with half of them being new.

I'm pretty excited for the next character reveal!

AZ MotherBrain

If you believe enough, -7 could be +7
When i first saw D'vorah and F/T, i was kinda shocked like, "Who the fuck are these scrubs!?" As more gameplay came out on them and i heard more about them from Boon, i now have an excitement for them. Kotal looks really fucking cool and I immedately found an attraction to Cassie, being a former Sonya player and Jill Valentine fanboy <3
The MKU is very large and we really haven't seen any new faces in many years with the exception from Skarlet and CSZ (if he even counts)
Boon and NRS have been making some amazing looking characters with their past two titles, i have faith that they will continue to create some amazing new characters, and redesign our old favorites as well :D

RelentlessOhio

Divekick x 1000
I'm neither for or against. I still think 10+ characters is way excessive, but if they are developed well and aren't all shit-tier, then it's all good. Shouldn't have killed everyone off in MK9.

Mortal Kombat 9 taught me that you could just end up hating your favorite character any way based on the way they play :p My favorite character was scorpion but I hated his flip a coin play style so I switched to cage who I had no interest in at the beginning but he grew on me.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
I've said it before, but I'm pretty psyched there are gonna be so many new characters.

Like 10+ is amazing, or it has the potential to be the greatest thing that ever happened to MK!

Of course it could be a nightmare... but come on! GET HYPE!

gosoxtim

Noob
this is all i have to say "mortal kombat x is about embracing change which is why the dragon is different in this game is all passing the torch sure some of our favorites wont be in the game doesn't mean to hate on the new fighter because of that Mortal kombat x is the future"

RelentlessOhio

Divekick x 1000
Holy run-on sentences Batman!

It's stupid to hate on characters that are more than likely still in the designing/rendering stages. Again, if most are viable in high-level game play, then it's fine.

I'm more curious about who is returning, since apparently half the cast is gonna be new.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I'm all for as many new characters as possible, simply because it frees them up to make new and interesting move sets.
Bug girl and True Orgre are pretty neat characters so far.

However, I can understand why people are a bit worried, the last 20 or so new characters NRS made for the 3D days were all duds, just some of the worst designed fighting game characters in the entire medium.

Thankfully it seems they got their shit together and we wont have a repeat of that.

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
Plus like @Mr. Mileena said, the DLC possibilities are endless. I really hope we receive at least 10+ DLC characters which could be two season passes.

Even if characters like Noob, Reptile, Cyrax, etc don't make it in initially, we could always get something like:

Season 1: Cyber Pack
Cyber Smoke
Cyber Sub
Cyrax
Sektor
Cyber Reptile (yes, I said Cyber Reptile lol)

Season 2:
Liu Kang
Nightwolf
Raiden
Kenshi
Jax

Something along those lines.

Oh, and Jason. ;)

RelentlessOhio

Divekick x 1000
Ugh I hate the cyber characters (minus Sektor) but to each his own.

If they do include Kenshi at some point, he better be nerfed compared to MK9. No more top-tier, had your time sir.

Crathen

Death is my business
As long as there is someone who can spam projectiles, has a stupid long d1, and maybe a cutter I'll be happy ;)
Kabal is not returning 99% :(

Only hope it's Sektor or Noob Saibot.

Otherwise i'll play a top tier that suits my gameplan. :joker:

It'll be hard readjusting from the awesomeness that Deathstroke is , MK characters don't have the most interesting backgrounds / stories on the level of DC comics tbh.

Zephyrus

TYM resident party pooper
The problem with the new characters is that, in a roster about the same size as MK9, they're replacing old favorites.

NRS isn't easing the transition on us. They're saying "here's our new characters. Your old favorites are gone. Deal with it".

The latest rumor is that only 8 characters from MK9 are back and we already know two of them. Sub and Scorpion.

That means that, atleast for me, I will see old favorites dropped. Ermac, Smoke, Rain, Reptile, Baraka, Shang Tsung, Liu Kang, Raiden (heavily hinted at to be in), Kung Lao, Johnny Cage, Kano, Sektor.

Half of these will be not be playable. Sure, I might see some new characters that I'll enjoy. But judging from NRS past attempts, I doubt it.

In MK: DA they had: Nitara, Bo Rai Cho, Kenshi, Frost, Mavado, Hsu Hao, Drahmin, Moloch, Blaze and Mokap. Out of these 10 I liked Kenshi.
In MD: D they had: Havik, Hotaru, Kira, Kobra, Darrius, Dairou, Shujinko, Onaga and Ashrah. Out of these 9, I liked Havik and Hotaru (though he could lose the flags).
In MK:A they had: Taven and Daegon. I didn't like either.

In 21 characters, I liked 3. 1 out of 7. That's pretty bad.
In MK9, the only character I didn't like was Sheeva. That's a big fucking difference.

Cassie doesn't seem bad. Out of the 4, she's my favorite. Mix of Sonya, Johnny and Stryker.
Kotal Kahn. I like his design but from what I've seen, his moveset is bland as fuck. Doesn't help that he's MK's version of Ares.
Ferra/Torr. Meh.
D'vorah. Don't like her. At all.

I will say that every single new character, is miles ahead of what we got in the 3d games. They might grow on me, but so far only Cassie did.