What's new

4 types of players. What type are you?

Yes

• Total voters

MisguidedAngel

Greetings, Mortal
Character loyalist. I only ever play one character in FG's, but I'm also a low tier hero. If my one character happens to become too awesome and derpy (Bane) I generally just stop playing the game.

It's just a cool feeling for the first couple months constantly getting messages about how awesome you are with a crappy character... And when those messages turn into "lawltierwhore"... It hurts, man. It hurts right in the feels.

I'm a low tier hero but not by choice. The characters I love the most and think are the most fun to play just happen to be considered low tier for whatever reason.

Stryker (MK9)
Juri, El Fuerte (vanilla SSF4)
Yoshimitsu/Christie (SFxT / TTT2)
Hugo (USF4)
Black Adam (Injustice) :DOGE

Yoaks

A spaceman
Character Loyalist.
If Lobo wasn't in this game, I'd probably wouldn't play it as much. As of right now for the MK series I really don't have that character that I'm loyal to yet. I've always liked Baraka just on the way he looks. I also like Sektor, Kenshi and Skarlet. So if any of these characters are in MKX, I'll definitely give them a chance and try them out. As for other games like SF and Tekken. I'll always play Birdie and Yoshimitsu. Birdie hasn't been in a SF game since Alpha 3 I believe. So I really don't have an interest in picking up SF cause there isn't that character that "Jumps out" at me. As for Yoshimitsu and the Tekken series. I haven't played since Tekken 4 and I don't plan on playing TTT2 really. But with Tekken 7 being announced I'll definitely pick that up even if Yoshimitsu isn't in it (which I doubt cause he's been in every Tekken title to date). Two other Tekken characters I've always liked have been Feng Wei and Brian Fury.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
I always end up being a character loyalist, simply because I enjoy digging deep into a character I love. I sometimes pull double duty as a low tier hero though, since for some reason I end up being attracted to characters that turn out to be trash haha

Pho Cubic

Sérieusement Sabrewulf peut aller en enfer.
In MKX you can be a character loyalist, a tier whore, & a counterpicker at the same time! What a game!

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
I feel that I'm a Character Crisis type because I can't play the same character over and over again without getting bored. But, I also feel I have a little bit of loyalist in me now since I've been willing to play the Batman-Aquaman MU now when I never would've before.

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
I'm prone to character crises, but I generally pick from the accepted top tier. I would say tier whore overall, because...I mean, look at my sig. I dropped Superman for MMH a long time ago, too.

Jeremy KO

*insert kotal kahn gibberish here*
I like to play a pool of around 2-3 characters that cover every matchup in the game without leaving me at a disadvantage, but that doesn't necessarily mean I pick all top tier characters (Nightwing, Doomsday, Grundy). Where does this leave me?

Insuperable

My mom tells me I'm pretty
I like to play a pool of around 2-3 characters that cover every matchup in the game without leaving me at a disadvantage, but that doesn't necessarily mean I pick all top tier characters (Nightwing, Doomsday, Grundy). Where does this leave me?
Character crisis. Have you mastered any of these characters to the level of play that you would have, if you only played one?

AZ MotherBrain

If you believe enough, -7 could be +7
im a loyalist that is in a constant crisis because i can make up my mind on which character i like the best.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Examples:

Tier Whore: Deg switching to Aquaman because he didn't believe Zatanna and Harley would give him results

Low Tier Hero: Take A Chance sticking with Jade because he believes people are wrong about her

Character Loyalist: Rev0lver never taking anyone besides Lex as an option, since the beginning of the game's life

Character Crisis: Perfect Legend is good with many characters in Injustice, but a master at none because of his lack of dedication towards one character
What about someone who doesn't tier whore, but still switches characters for a bad matchup? For example I use Batman who isn't top tier, but for a certain matchup I might switch to Wonder Woman who isn't top tier either. So I'm not either of the 4 options

Insuperable

My mom tells me I'm pretty
What about someone who doesn't tier whore, but still switches characters for a bad matchup? For example I use Batman who isn't top tier, but for a certain matchup I might switch to Wonder Woman who isn't top tier either. So I'm not either of the 4 options
Character crisis imo. Although you are THE Batman, you don't feel confident with certain matchups. You have setups and whatnot for just about every scenario with Batman, and although you could most likely take sets off of any player in the community with him, you'll go to another character because you don't like the matchup.