What's new

2014 FIFA World Cup general discussion thread

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Well, it is now decided, for an unprecedented 3rd time, Germany and Argentina will contest for the greatest prize in world sport.

Not before Brazil attempt to save face and avoid being appropriately out-tango'd by the Oranje though. :DOGE

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
Well, it is now decided, for an unprecedented 3rd time, Germany and Argentina will contest for the greatest prize in world sport.

Not before Brazil attempt to save face and avoid being appropriately out-tango'd by the Oranje though. :DOGE
is it bad that i cant wait to see brazil get mauled again?

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart

I feel like Germany is going to destroy Argentina.

But then I also wonder if Messi hasnt been sandbagging this whole time ...:eek:

OBS|KH Rattlehead

Accessibility consultant for Mortal Kombat 1.
Well well, Argentina in the grand final. Opportunity for revenge for 1990 against Germany. Can't help to be nervous though. Guarantee third place match is going to be played dirty as hell due to Brazil and Holland being salty as hell. Probably Brazil more after that defeat. Man the Spanish channels are really blowing it up still.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist

Everyone that lost to Brasil didn't knew the matchup :DOGE

They only good tool was neymar, with the neymar nerf, Brasil is bottom tier:DOGE

Argentina is really having a bad time without Di Maria, they can't even score, its going to be tough in the grand finals with the Die manschaft

STRYKIE

Awww... Slaven was my favorite national team head coach.

Very happy Argentina is through to the finals, hopefully they go all the way.

Anyone else sensing another disaster for the home team in that bronze medal match? :-\
Haha, I kid, I honestly like him too even after he banished us from Euro 2008, but I couldn't help but point that out.

For what it's worth, Thiago Silva will be eligible to play, and it still stands that Brazil have lost only one home match in 38 years, but on the other hand, I highly doubt anyone who played vs Germany wants the burden of facing the crowd again anytime soon, I think it depends on who starts and how seriously Van Gaal/Scolari take it.

I feel like Germany is going to destroy Argentina.

But then I also wonder if Messi hasnt been sandbagging this whole time ...:eek:
It's a weird one to call, team for team, I think most would agree the Netherlands have been superior to Argentina this year, and we all saw who got the job done yesterday.

That said, Oranje Boven =/= Das Über Penalty Shootout maschinen :p

But I do feel the stage is set for the Argentines when you consider everything else, a tribute to the late great Di Stefano, on Brazil's turf, in a year where Ronaldo's Portugal were dumped out in the group stages by USA (well, technically it was because the US didn't lose as hard to Germany, but still, ha), and as things stand, it should still be stressed that Europe has a 0-8 series record in Americas-hosted finals xD

Last edited:

STRYKIE

Very entertaining first half despite nobody breaking the deadlock so far.

That one on one miss from Higuain though..... Ugh....

Nephrite

#Fujin4MK12BaseRoster
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! Leo!!!!!!!!! T_T

That one on one miss from Higuain though..... Ugh....
Ugh, ugh, UGH!!!

Congrats to Germany! Ugh, they keep beating the teams I cheer for: 2006 Portugal for bronze medal, 2010 Uruguay for bronze medal and now Argentina for gold. :(

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
Argentina lost, but it was a good game. Germany won in the last 10 minutes.

Also, if anybody watches Vitaly on Youtube, he ran onto the field in this game and got taken away. lol.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Argentina had a great game build up, but the most important thing after game build up is finalizing, they didn't convert any of them builds into goal, basically they threw away this world cup by wasting more than 3 assured goals.

germany deserved that win, no doubt about that

STRYKIE

It's no secret that I felt it was Argentina's destiny and that it's an unwritten rule for me never to support Die Mannschaft lol, but I won't let that smokescreen my judgement:

Undoubtedly deserved by Germany, undoubtedly the best World Cup ever.