What's new

2014 FIFA World Cup general discussion thread

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
Argentina still have Higuain, Auguero, Di Maria and of course Messi...

Arguably Brazil have lost their two best players and it shows how average they look. It's a shame to see ppl enjoying this because I've always loved watching Brazil but the days of Roberto Carlos, Dunga, Ronaldhino, Ronaldo, Romario... Are gone. It's obvious the score line would not be 5-0 had Neymar not taken a broken vertebrae and Silva not be yellow carded but thats football for you.
I think Aguero and Di Maria will be absent against Netherlands but I agree with the rest of your post.

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
silva and neymar are young. they will get a second chance in four years.
idk if you guys saw this but they had the camera on ronaldo for a moment, he was commentating the the game for the Portuguese speaking countries.
he was so emo, only if he was 15 years younger.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
silva and neymar are young. they will get a second chance in four years.
idk if you guys saw this but they had the camera on ronaldo for a moment, he was commentating the the game for the Portuguese speaking countries.
he was so emo, only if he was 15 years younger.
Off topic, but he was interviewed by the BBC earlier and I have to say his English is very impressive considering that he hadn't played in any English speaking leagues. I suppose part of it could be from his ambassadorial work nowadays.

STRYKIE

The FOck you caul me m8, I'll bash ye foockin hed in I swer on me mum.
Listen here you little scallywag, one does not appreciate your naivety towards the prestige of association football on the World's stage, if such lack of etiquette is expressed during my endeavours in Nevada's dirty little secret next year, one shall ensure that the cliche of 'do you even lift' will be all the more appropriate when it concerns you. Do we have an understanding m'lad?

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
Off topic, but he was interviewed by the BBC earlier and I have to say his English is very impressive considering that he hadn't played in any English speaking leagues. I suppose part of it could be from his ambassadorial work nowadays.
he was a god
gonna search that interview:D

STRYKIE

i thought they would score fuhrer goals than that :DOGE
They got Mullered, it wasn't even Klose, by the end, it was Schurrle a Kroos for Germany. :DOGE

he was a god
gonna search that interview:D
It was basically about being inspired to win the World Cup against Germany in 2002 after losing the final to France in the previous one. I'm not sure if the BBC will archive it, which is a shame since the only other videos I know of where he speaks English doesn't serve him justice IMO.

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
Guys, I've searched everywhere for a video with all goals and highlights of yesterday's game and I cannot find a thing!
I literally came across only photo slides and bad quality video game simulations of the game... Where can I please enjoy those 7 goals?
PS: I placed my bet on Germany (2.70 x) and betted 18euros... 48.60 it is!
And also, I placed a bet (15E) on the Netherlands (2.95 x) for today. :)

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Lol brazil was held by the hand by the referees and took them to semis.. First of all because if the horrible refereeing they should have finished second in the group behind mexico and would have definitely lost to the Netherlands

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Guys, I've searched everywhere for a video with all goals and highlights of yesterday's game and I cannot find a thing!
I literally came across only photo slides and bad quality video game simulations of the game... Where can I please enjoy those 7 goals?
PS: I placed my bet on Germany (2.70 x) and betted 18euros... 48.60 it is!
And also, I placed a bet (15E) on the Netherlands (2.95 x) for today. :)
FIFA .com

Nephrite

#Fujin4MK12BaseRoster
Croatia placed 3rd in the '98 World Cup. Croatia has less than 5 million people.
Plus, it was the first time ever Croatia had a chance to compete in the World Cup qualifying since splitting from Yugoslavia, and not only did we qualify, but placed 3rd like you said, crushing Germany 3-0 in the QF's and beating the Netherlands 2-1 for bronze. We were even 1-0 up in the semis against France, the eventual champions, but Thuram killed us with two goals - I think those were the first goals he ever scored for his national team.

Aaaand, not only does the country have a population of under 5 million people, but the standard of life is far from the standard in 'giant' countries like Germany, England, etc... Aaaand, '98 were the early post-war years when the country really struggled to 'regroup' after the war for independence, and we're still struggling 'cause of stupid corrupted politicians who took advantage of the war and robbed the people/country...

Long story short, Croatia already 'sniffed' football glory indeed, like m2dave said, plus in many other sports as well...

Actually the '08 QF Euro Championship defeat against Turkey after penalty shootout (after they equalized in the additional time of the extra time) was the most painful one for me. The vibe was so good after we beat England twice in qualifiers and then won all 3 games in the group stage at Euro, beating Germany again.

-- -- --
Anyway...

Vamos Argentina! Vamos Lionel!

STRYKIE

Plus, it was the first time ever Croatia had a chance to compete in the World Cup qualifying since splitting from Yugoslavia, and not only did we qualify, but placed 3rd like you said, crushing Germany 3-0 in the QF's and beating the Netherlands 2-1 for bronze. We were even 1-0 up in the semis against France, the eventual champions, but Thuram killed us with two goals - I think those were the first goals he ever scored for his national team.

Aaaand, not only does the country have a population of under 5 million people, but the standard of life is far from the standard in 'giant' countries like Germany, England, etc... Aaaand, '98 were the early post-war years when the country really struggled to 'regroup' after the war for independence, and we're still struggling 'cause of stupid corrupted politicians who took advantage of the war and robbed the people/country...

Long story short, Croatia already 'sniffed' football glory indeed, like m2dave said, plus in many other sports as well...

Actually the '08 QF Euro Championship defeat against Turkey after penalty shootout (after they equalized in the additional time of the extra time) was the most painful one for me. The vibe was so good after we beat England twice in qualifiers and then won all 3 games in the group stage at Euro, beating Germany again.

-- -- --
Anyway...

Vamos Argentina! Vamos Lionel!
To be fair if football was measured by populous, China would've won the 2002 tournament free and Uruguay would never have progressed beyond the first round lol.

But yeah, as far as the '98 tournament goes, I only ever remember the semi-finals, and what a story Croatia had, (I was too young to understand the dissolution of Yugoslavia at the time... which is probably why I also assumed Croatia's main language was Serbian lol :oops:)... as for Thuram's first and only goals for France, maybe that was the price for scumbag Bilic's career-ending injury from Blanc :REO