What's new

Zoning Possibly Less Viable in MKX?

E

Eldriken

I will find a way to play as lame as humanly possible and keep everyone out, no matter what mechanics are in place! There will be zoning in some form, trust me.

Death to the rush down fool.

:)
You and Pig both, I'm sure. :)

Ecodus

I ain't got time to bleed.
There will no doubt be zoning, in some form anyways.

As for early speculation or impressions, obviously it is way too early to tell. Projectile speed, start up, recovery, I'm sure all these things will be tampered with before and after the game's release. We don't know anything about any of that yet... or who 80% of the cast even is.

People will always tamper with abilities and find a way to make it work. It may not be in the form of IAFB from full screen, but I would be very surprised if zoning had no viability in MKX.

Error404

Noob
OFC it will be viable this is NRS we are talking about . They make characters that can have 3 projectiles on screen at the same time and have full screen overheads in back to block games . I have no doubt in my mind that an incredibly scruby character like that will be in MK X if not at launch , as DLC

1. if running at the person reduces stamina and you can't break... isn't that advantageous to the turtle???
2. if dashes are unsafe, isn't that advantageous to the turtle???
3. run cancelling should be effective at countering projectiles and should make it difficult to zone... we need to see how fast you can cancel it

all i care about is if spacing is effective and jumping is not... i want footsies... i don't need to kill people with projectiles but i want to be rewarded for playing patient, reactionary, and fundamentally sound... and i want to be able to punish people who aren't good at the neutral game. i don't care if zoning is toned down or pressure along with it... i just wanna play footsies.

Last edited: