What's new

Zoner rushdown classification

chores

bad at things
Last Update: 5/8/13

I wanted to make this as a general guide for new players to have an overview of each characters' playstyle. It's not meant to be overly specific. If you have any ideas for switching a character's classification or creating new classifications, please reply.

injust3.png

Primiera

Wonderful Woman
- KF is Rushdown Hybrid.
- Joker is Zoner Hybrid or just plain Hybrid IMO.
- Green Arrow is Rushdown Hybrid. He's more or less Rushdown with the capability to zone, contrary to his name.
- Raven's an okay zoner, not the best at it though. She's better at fighting a zoner than zoning. I'd say Counter-Zoner for sure.
- Wonder Woman is Rushdown - her zoning is one of the worst in the game, and should only be used to finish someone ...

GGA Max

Cool chart. Yeah, I like HG and Ares for getting around lame zoners. But the game is pretty young for this...

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
As the game stands today.. Pretty accurate..some slots debatable..KF and Raven stand out.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Green Arrows main strength is rushdown. I'd call him a rushdown hybrid, because he can zone well too. You should not be zoning primarily with him unless it's working or it's match-up based.

Also, Nightwing definitely can zone well too, he's hybrid as well. And I would put Ares has a Zoner/Counter-Zoner hybrid.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
Green Arrows main strength is rushdown. I'd call him a rushdown hybrid, because he can zone well too. You should not be zoning primarily with him unless it's working or it's match-up based.
Don't forget achievement hunting ;)

G4S MinotaurLord

Wielder of Toxins
I agree with everyone saying KF is rushdown hybrid, Raven is counterzoner, and Green Arrow as rushdown hybrid.

It's hard to place Joker right now. Maybe he's also set ups? Likely just "hybrid" for now.

Hawkgirl is in an (h)awkward space too. I'm not sure she's strictly a counter zoner because air projectiles fuck up her "jump backwards, throw mace down" strat pretty well. It's not an actual category, but she's totally "space control" in a very keep-away sense. The closest characters to her might be GL or Raven.

Also, lol @ Lex being in his own cateogry. I dunno, he's one of my 2 mains and I don't think his placement here is wrong. What an awesomely awkward character.

IMO. Green Arrow is not primarily a zoner, although he can zone in certain matchups. I'd say he's a hybrid. He has mixups galore with his strings and arrows, setups with his ice arrow, decent zoning, one of the best corner games ever, and rushdown. People think he's a zoner because he's an archer. Makes sense.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
Green Arrow is zoner hybrid.. Any character can "Rushdown", maybe not well.. But still... I believe a majority of Arrows damage is suppose to come from his arrow setups.. So he is more hit and run... Distance is his friend..fire some arrows.. Land that ice arrow..get in, damage.. Get back to firing.. So... Zoner hybrid.

Droogy

Lets Fight Like Gentlemen
WW is easily pure rushdown, I do think that her tiara is better than most people say it is (beacuse of her jump but thats another thing altogether) but no shes rushdown in the pure and simple sense.

Also HG I think is more of a pure zoner than a counter zoner, though more like shes a hybrid of those two. The reason i say this is even though she has good combos, her normals have terrible range and its better to just use her as a zoner.

though i may not be playing her optimally and I DO use her as a counter-zoner alot since she really covers alot of WW bad matchups. So I dunno.

tl:dr: WW is rushdown, HG I think is more than just counter-zoning

Karyotic

Destiny leaves it's mark
I have to agree that Green Arrow is more of a Rushdown Hybrid as oppose to Zoner Hybrid, despite his arrows which could lead to the zoner assumption. He has some fairly effective mixups, F2 D1 3 once someone is conditioned to block high can be canceled into stinger(MB). Which depending on where they are on the screen and if you have a frozen arrow loaded, can easily lead into getting them into the corner and doing some serious damage.

Oppose to the above post's too I feel the frozen arrow is much more useful close up, its too slow for one but when you can finish combos with it or D1 poke right into a loaded arrow to be shot low or to jump up and shoot as an overhead. It can really make him pretty dangerous as the D1 > Frozen is a fuzzy block if you go for the overhead, can be very hard to react to it properly.