What's new

Zod??? July???

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Wtf???? We are not getting zod until July??? Can anyone confirm this or was Conan trolling guys?
Don't forget, Batgirl was unexpectedly leaked ahead of time and released early, and then Scorpion was mistakenly put up for download a week ahead of schedule -- we've actually been getting all the characters early via screwups; so it makes sense that Zod would reset to the normal DLC schedule.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Remember how Freddy was the only DLC character in MK9 that had his compatibility pack forced in a mandatory patch? Yeah, I don't think Scorpion's "early" release was a mistake. His pre-patch properties are debatable though.

I guess everyone's main concern is matchup experience in time for EVO, which, yeah, is kinda sketchy this close to EVO, Skarlet was banned despite being released more than a month before EVO 2011, in which case, Scorpion and Batgirl should be revoked too if he's not permitted.

It is possible someone could find something more obscure that could break the game, not say anything, and impact the tournament without time to explore the character.
That can always happen. THC Glitch, quicksilver glitch, unblockable ulra setups, unblockables, TAC Glitch(I forget some of the weird MK ones, not my thing, but Im sure someone can mention those)

Yet the FGC survived, heck ST Akuma used to be tourney legal :3
Tourneys rule on them one way or another when they happen and a lot gets discovered pretty quickly(5 hours till they found batgirls?)
Stop worrying and learn to love the bomb <3

trufenix

bye felicia
Yeah, I don't think Scorpion's "early" release was a mistake. His pre-patch properties are debatable though..
Yes, putting out a character 1 week early on one platform only for season pass players who download him in a very specific way and probably have to delete their cache to make their old dlc characters work was definitely their intention. Then they packed in a bunch of costumes that break existing characters to sweeten the pot.

They are truly evil genius'.

STRYKIE

Yes, putting out a character 1 week early on one platform only for season pass players who download him in a very specific way and probably have to delete their cache to make their old dlc characters work was definitely their intention. Then they packed in a bunch of costumes that break existing characters to sweeten the pot.

They are truly evil genius'.
Again, a lot of this happened with MK9 even when characters and other products were released when expected lol. That's just NRS being NRS.

nah thats not fair at all.

remember when each DLC launched mainly Batgirl here and you got caught by her string mixs up when you ran into 1 or 2 bat girls online so you had like no clue how to properly block it? thats not fair if theyre going out to the World fighting game championships i dont think they wana lose to some BS cause they didnt buy zod or play any friends who played him.
Dude that's fucking awful logic. Anyone in the tourney that will actually matter will have the character and study the character to be ready for that character. If they aren't ready it's not bs because the character is relatively new, it's the players fault for not preparing. They should know their matchups, and if they get frauded they deserve it. If it's released over a week before evo, people will have time to learn. If they choose not to, it's their fault for not being prepared.

trufenix

bye felicia
Again, a lot of this happened with MK9 even when characters and other products were released when expected lol. That's just NRS being NRS.
You're right, NRS is definitely sitting around planning new and exciting ways to leak content and break their games.

STRYKIE

You're right, NRS is definitely sitting around planning new and exciting ways to leak content and break their games.
I didn't mean it in that context, and I don't wish any of these problems on the games we play, but something behind the scenes is obviously very wrong for pretty much the exact same occurrences to happen 2 games in a row.

But don't mind me, I just happened to be prepared for this after 15 years. #nrshaslearnedfromtheirmistakes

trufenix

bye felicia
I didn't mean it in that context, and I don't wish any of these problems on the games we play, but something behind the scenes is obviously very wrong for pretty much the exact same occurrences to happen 2 games in a row.

But don't mind me, I just happened to be prepared for this after 15 years. #nrshaslearnedfromtheirmistakes
I would think compared to the nightmare that was MK9s DLC run, NRS has made significant improvements. Especially considering they did it without packing the disc full of dlc (something the "expects" claimed was absolutely unavoidable) and all the problems they have had were all resolved within a day at no expense to us.

But other than that, yeah, pretty much exactly the same.