What's new

Tech Zod Dash Trait Tech

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
dribirut maybe I'm missing something...but while these videos make Zod look really powerful, what if you guess wrong? For example...

3. They wake up... this is why you delay the charge for a little. The delay will allow you to hit out many wake ups but many times you will be hit out of the charge.. it doenst matter though since it is very risky to wakeup since you can punish pretty much any wakeup by baiting it and doing wraith grab or just punishing with string.

I'm not saying you're wrong, or these punishes aren't bad, but I think you need to look at both sides of the coin. If you always assume KF is going to wake-up slide and you backdash when she gets up, what if she wakes up into Iceberg? Or dash forward? I'm legitimately asking this question and I'm not interested in theory-fighting responses so please don't respond with them. These are questions you all need to be asking yourselves assuming the highest level of play on both sides.

Again, to be explicitly clear, these are great punishes if you make the right reads. I'm interested in both sides of the coin though and as Zod players every single one of you should be equally interested in what happens if you guess wrong, because you will guess wrong from time to time. Knowing the amount of risk you take for the potential reward is a fundamental part of learning a character.

What he's saying is that you should make the read in the small window before making the charge. In the video it looks like he dashes in advance because he knows what's coming. But I agree, we all should know the possible chance of getting blown up. if someone can make the read in that small of a window and input the charge though, this stuff is solid.

Mt Mutombo

Banned
Just when I lost hope with him...good shit!
That's why you don't make conclusions on a character at day 3.

Zod probably is the best anti zoner in the game that doesn't have a tele, and the pressure he can mount with that trait is ridiculous.. And this trait is probably top 5.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
That's why you don't make conclusions on a character at day 3.

Zod probably is the best anti zoner in the game that doesn't have a tele, and the pressure he can mount with that trait is ridiculous.. And this trait is probably top 5.
In all honesty, that title is still with Deathstroke.

Top 5 trait? I wouldn't go that far, even though this is big and helps.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
dribirut maybe I'm missing something...but while these videos make Zod look really powerful, what if you guess wrong? For example...

3. They wake up... this is why you delay the charge for a little. The delay will allow you to hit out many wake ups but many times you will be hit out of the charge.. it doenst matter though since it is very risky to wakeup since you can punish pretty much any wakeup by baiting it and doing wraith grab or just punishing with string.

I'm not saying you're wrong, or these punishes aren't bad, but I think you need to look at both sides of the coin. If you always assume KF is going to wake-up slide and you backdash when she gets up, what if she wakes up into Iceberg? Or dash forward? I'm legitimately asking this question and I'm not interested in theory-fighting responses so please don't respond with them. These are questions you all need to be asking yourselves assuming the highest level of play on both sides.

Again, to be explicitly clear, these are great punishes if you make the right reads. I'm interested in both sides of the coin though and as Zod players every single one of you should be equally interested in what happens if you guess wrong, because you will guess wrong from time to time. Knowing the amount of risk you take for the potential reward is a fundamental part of learning a character.
yea i understand that but the point of the wrait is that the opponent will not want to wake up because pretty much any wakeup can be punished no matte what...but i mean yiou will always still have to be aware of your opponents wakeups.
Was playing against DAB yesterday and it works like a charm thankfully but yea will need to know wakeups

Zods trait is top 5 easy and his potential will only be unlocked by really high execution and stuff like this... If some can tame his instant airs along ith his ability to control the environment and rush down like this he is a lock for top 10... That being said killer frost destroys him... At the highest level zod is a beast... Takes vision though something certain players don't possess

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Zod has the potential to become a beast! However, he is so execution heavy at the higher end that i cant see many people been able to use him to his full potential.

imo his trait is top five... people havnt realized how cheap it can be. i have some stuff brewing up that i will post soon
Looking forward to it. Your work has been top-notch so far.

I don't even play Zod, and I have no vested interest in him being good. I just love seeing this cool tech pop up.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
You considering maining him? His trait seems kinda similar to Sinestro's to me... at least in some regards.
Hmmmmmmmmm maybe u dont know me :) hes only my fav dc character ever since 4....see avatar

I've only been saying this for a year lol

2012 June I've been screaming for him in the game and Evo is over, he's legal, the time has come

Mt Mutombo

Banned
I've been saying it for the past few days. This character is going to end up being top tier, right now he has one of the best rushdown games, good anti zoner and when people master those insta air zod balls this character is going to be ridiculous.

If anyone has a hitbox could you test how low you can get the insta air zod balls? If it goes as low as i think it does you can manage to fit 3 slow balls on screen.

Pig Of The Hut

I've been saying it for the past few days. This character is going to end up being top tier, right now he has one of the best rushdown games, good anti zoner and when people master those insta air zod balls this character is going to be ridiculous.

If anyone has a hitbox could you test how low you can get the insta air zod balls? If it goes as low as i think it does you can manage to fit 3 slow balls on screen.
:)

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
he has by far the hardest inputs for iafb out of any character ive seen, ex: kabal, cyborg, death stroke, liiu kang, kitana, mileena,

Disaster FX

Boom Bap Dragon
he has by far the hardest inputs for iafb out of any character ive seen, ex: kabal, cyborg, death stroke, liiu kang, kitana, mileena,
Put Alternate control off, press press Up, Down, Down Back +1. Much more consistent. You don't need to complete the QCB motion if you leave Alt control off, making the motion feel less jagged.

Pig Of The Hut

Put Alternate control off, press press Up, Down, Down Back +1. Much more consistent. You don't need to complete the QCB motion if you leave Alt control off, making the motion feel less jagged.
This is why ive always used the analog for IAFBs for every character in this game or mk