What's new

Tech Zod Dash Trait Tech

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
I apologize in advance for the shit quality of the videos lol

People need to end their combos with 123 trait and delay maybe one fourth of a second and then do zod charge... and this is why:

1. They dont wake up and just block:
After they block the zod charge do slash trait to not be punished. This leaves you at plus frames and then get a free 213 with the last hit being overhead.. you then do a trait hit right after the over head. If they don't block, the trait will hit them back and you can do b3 for 38%. If they block, you can still do another safe 50/50 with 213 or 21 close mb laser where you can do another trait slash after. You can also b12 instead of 213 to even further throw off your opponent as well as doing the wraith grab after you do the slash for further shenannigans..

2. They try and jump back or back dash on wake up...
If you delay your charge right it will pick them up on the way down and if it doesnt connect, it doesnt matter since you can do a trait slash and pick up the combo with a 213 charge for 28% Unfortunately I don't have a video for that but I tested it

3. They wake up... this is why you delay the charge for a little. The delay will allow you to hit out many wake ups but many times you will be hit out of the charge.. it doenst matter though since it is very risky to wakeup since you can punish pretty much any wakeup by baiting it and doing wraith grab or just punishing with string.

4. They get hit by the zod charge after the combo..
You get an extra 11% and then you get a true 50/50 mixup on their wakeup. You can do either trait and ex mb lazer which combos together or mb trait grab pending you guess right and they dont wake up. They need a long reaching wakeup which again is verryyy risky to do anyways...

I have thoroughly tested this and have put lex luthor in reversal corpcharge and you cannot interrupt any of this if time right..

I now await the "Brahhh Ive been doing this since day one" posts lol

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
Wow, forget video quality. Great content man. Very comprehensive. Zod seems pretty sick right now. Needs to get toned down a bit in some ways, but going to be an awesome character once everything gets normalized!

if i could like this more than once i would break the severs and put MorbidAltruism to shame for the likes i would give. this is why general m2dave can't just say he's mediocre day 3.......
We can't trust m2dave's opinions on topics that are more than a week old. Why do people think they should listen to him on this?

Zod has a bunch of useful tools that don't seem to combine in obvious ways. But once we figure out the synergies, he'll be an interesting new archetype.

Great stuff, OP. Really great stuff.

Uber

Noob
This tech is useless and zod is garbage. I should know, i took him into practice mode one time and i wasnt crushing everyone with day 3 tech online.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
Wow this shit is awesome, I'm in the lab tomorrow morning lol. It's sad how many people will still wake up outta this -_- regardless, very awesome.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
This is old for me. I knew about this tech before I made my thread. My opinion of General Zod remains the same. He is mediocre.

As much as it seems so, this isn't pressure.

There is little to no pressure in Injustice.

The videos are cool though!

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
This is old for me. I knew about this tech before I made my thread. My opinion of General Zod remains the same. He is mediocre.
this only makes him a little better but he still has the same base problems.. still crying about him wont make him better.. its up to us..
i understand your grief but cmon man hes not as bad as you make him seem

(1) You obviously didn't, or else you wouldn't have spent a significant amount of your post about how Zod's trait is punishable in the neutral game.
(2) No one really cares about your opinion. If they ever did, they don't now. Stop trying to shove it down everyone's throat.

You might want to consider lying low until this dies down before you harm your reputation further.

champdee

Noob
This is very very nice.. lot's of potential... don't forget you can always do ground lazers (non mb) and hold 2 to pop them in the air, I know it's blockable.. but, throwin it out there will make them respect that cuz they have to blk it, then you can burn it, just let go of 2, etc etc etc.. mind games with ground lazers is pretty nice... you get my drift.. I kinda want to go play right now so I'm a lil all over the place here (unorganized reply, sorry)

And LBSH, the character has been out for what, 4 days? c'monn @m2dave.. give it time bro.

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
That's some very nice tech. There's a lot left to be seen with Zod. I'm starting to believe that the MB ground lasers are everything.

I read your post about this yesterday. I was trying to do it, but I was having trouble. Thanks for the post!

From what I can gather after seeing that Killer Frost vid, we're going to need to have some good knowledge of our opponents wake up attacks in order to keep this going.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
dribirut maybe I'm missing something...but while these videos make Zod look really powerful, what if you guess wrong? For example...

3. They wake up... this is why you delay the charge for a little. The delay will allow you to hit out many wake ups but many times you will be hit out of the charge.. it doenst matter though since it is very risky to wakeup since you can punish pretty much any wakeup by baiting it and doing wraith grab or just punishing with string.

I'm not saying you're wrong, or these punishes are bad, but I think you need to look at both sides of the coin. If you always assume KF is going to wake-up slide and you backdash when she gets up, what if she wakes up into Iceberg? Or dash forward? I'm legitimately asking this question and I'm not interested in theory-fighting responses so please don't respond with them. These are questions you all need to be asking yourselves assuming the highest level of play on both sides.

Again, to be explicitly clear, these are great punishes if you make the right reads. I'm interested in both sides of the coin though and as Zod players every single one of you should be equally interested in what happens if you guess wrong, because you will guess wrong from time to time. Knowing the amount of risk you take for the potential reward is a fundamental part of learning a character.