What's new

Zbattle.net

RoGE

Noob
I think it would be best if you guys used Zbattle (www.zbattle.net)
for online play since you have a MUCH better chance to find UMK3 on that instead, its pretty rare to find a match on kaillera. Though you might find the SNES version a little crappy, it beats having to search for one or waiting for someone to come in your server for a long time

Anyway, if you play zbattle.net then put your stuff like this

ID- SoLiDSNaKE
FROM- USA
PLAYS- MK1-3 (mostly umk3)
SKILL- 3 (1-5, * means your not sure)

or just put your username

dreemernj

Ambassador
Iori9 said:
I think it would be best if you guys used Zbattle (www.zbattle.net)
for online play since you have a MUCH better chance to find UMK3 on that instead, its pretty rare to find a match on kaillera. Though you might find the SNES version a little crappy, it beats having to search for one or waiting for someone to come in your server for a long time

Anyway, if you play zbattle.net then put your stuff like this

ID- SoLiDSNaKE
FROM- USA
PLAYS- MK1-3 (mostly umk3)
SKILL- 3 (1-5, * means your not sure)

or just put your username
zBattle.net and ZSNES netplay in general are fantastic. But, it's definately not best for people to play UMK3 for SNES. That versus waiting around for a Kaillera game of UMK3 arcade, if you are interested in really playing UMK3, you are better off waiting on Kaillera. The SNES version is just way way way too lame.

I play on zbattle too

ID- Auctionguy (or Auction)
FROM- USA
PLAYS- MK2 and UMK3
SKILL- *

UMK3 on snes isn't the best but it works. UMK3 on snes has many glitches that may cause you to lose matches. I speak from experience.

When fighting human sub-zero in 2 on 2 (human controlled) I killed him and some how I frozen. Mind you that there is NO ice at ALL. And also the character was lower on the screen. I was Nightwolf. NONE of my attacks could hit him except sweeps.

When fight Robo Smoke in 2 on 2 (human controlled) I jumped behind in and was caught by a spear. WTF!

is there a way to play umk3 without too lag?, i mean when i played against ded_ my ms was over 300!! (imagine that) but is just because my adsl or something?

dreemernj

Ambassador
zBattle is just a finder service. When you find someone to play, it then starts up ZSNES on both ends and starts the netplay.

ZSNES has great netplay. I've found its a lot more responsive and less prone to disconnects than Kaillera. It doesn't require a server, its p2p, which I think takes some of the lag and fragility out of it.

Well put it this way, Zbattle is great for playing Super Nintendo with Zsnes. Its better then using snes9x through Kaillera. However I mean its the snes version of the MK's and not the Arcade like you can do on kaillera. Its fun and the best way to play snes in general. The ps1 version of MKII runs great and smooth through kaillera with epsxe, I'm going to get ps1 version of MK3 and test it out as well.

where can i find a manual to run this program and play against others? i would like to play umk3 at least in snes, cus the arcade version i couln´t play cus the lag is horrible... so... you know

btw, sorry about this "off-topic" but where can i find all that "gif´s" that some peoples put in their avatars like yours dreemernj?

dreemernj

Ambassador
For the animated icon, just click the Profile link on the left side of the screen. Scroll to the bottom. Click Show Gallery. It'll show you all the preloaded avatars. You can also go to darktemplarz.com, go to the aim buddy icons, and copy the URL for any of those and paste it into the URL field on your profile.

EDIT: and I don't know if there is really a manual anywhere for zBattle. If you go to http://zbattle.net/ it will explain it.

Also if you are behind a router and or firewall, make sure the firewall is disabled and open your ports in the router for zbattle. A guide for doing so can be found at www.portforward.com, Click forwarding find your router model, click zbattle. The rest should be straight forward.

i used this znes but i guess there is something that my firewall is blocking, someone know how can i configure my firewall? i mean about UDP and TCP... i know that the TCP port is 7845, but i put this on my isa server but it still have the same problem:S could someone help me please?

I play on Zbattle too

ID: Playa96
Plays: MK2, UMK3, Killer Instinct
MK2 Skill: 3.5/5
UMK3 Skill: 4.5/5
KI Skill: 4.5/5
Overall Skill: 4 and a sixth/5

rzp said:
i used this znes but i guess there is something that my firewall is blocking, someone know how can i configure my firewall? i mean about UDP and TCP... i know that the TCP port is 7845, but i put this on my isa server but it still have the same problem:S could someone help me please?
"If you are using a router you need to access its configuration page (this is usually done by typing http://192.168.0.1 in your browser). In the port forwarding section of the router configuration page, you need to forward UDP port 7845 (for ZSNES) and TCP port 4000 (for zbattle.net downloading) to your LAN IP. For more information on how this is done, please consult your router manual.

If you are using a firewall you need to allow incoming/outgoing UDP port 7845 (for ZSNES), outgoing TCP port 4398 (to connect to the zbattle.net server), and incoming TCP port 4000 (for zbattle.net downloading). For more information on how this is done, please consult your firewall software documentation."

That's what the FAQ said.

zbattle is great for snes...just not umk3 snes....i used to play everyday....i started there before kai....id play tetris atk, ssf2 umk3 sunset riders mario kart and alot more....

styroteqe

Space Jockey
Yeah, UMK3 is kinda b0rken for the SNES. So playing that on zbattle.net isn't that grand. MKII is another story. The SNES port of MKII is pretty decent, and plays well on zbattle.

zbattle is fun for shit like Mario Kart and NBA Jam though.

RoGE

Noob
Here is a guide for zbattle/zsnes I posted in a thread

Zbattle is a program that browses online games for Zsnes, you don't need it but it makes things MUCH easier (allows rom downloading, automatically connects you to other person without having to type their IP, tells you if you have the same rom or not etc.)

OK, I will explain how this works

How to get Zsnes to work:

1) Download zsnes version 1.42 and/or 1.36 (most played and desyncs less) from zsnes.com
2)Download roms, then extract the roms to the emulator folder (the .smc files in the zip file)
3)open the emulator (zsnes) and goto game>load> then goto the rom (pressing .. takes you back to a previous folder)

How to get Zbattle set up:

1) Download Zbattle ( www.zbattle.net )and install it where ever you feel like
2) You should see the following besides the "()" which will tell you how it works

-Player name: (type any nickname you prefer)
-Path to Zsnes program: (choose the play where you put your emulator )
-Path to Rom Images: (same as above, only its where you put your roms)

if you want, turn on both play sound features (you don't need a sound as it will play one for you)

Playing games with zbattle and Zsnes

hint: You should have multiple versions of your game just in case someone else has a different version.

-hosting
1) Goto "Game" - this should take you to an empty room, anyone can join in
2)goto "Select"
3)Select the game (the rom you want to play)
4) The blue bar that on the bottom checks and see's if the rom is the same
5)goto start (if he don't have your rom(s) then tell him to download it from a site because transfer almost never works) www.aclogic.com <free FTP server you can upload stuff on (like your rom)
6) You should see Zsnes pop up

IF YOU OR YOUR FRIEND IS HAVING PROBLEMS CONNECTING AND HAS A ROUTER/FIREWALL, READ THE FAQ AT http://zbattle.net/?page=faq

-Joining
1) double click the game you want to join
2) the host should do the rest (unless you don't have the rom, ask him the play where he downloaded it)

Hint:The game may be laggy depending on your distance, like if you play someone from brazil, you MAY not get a decent connection

post you Username here if you want

-SoLiDSNaKE

RoGE

Noob
Dang...this thread is old.. but what ever, if you are still interested in zbattle then let it live I guess.

I agree, MK2 port is much better then the UMK3 port for snes, even though they are both pretty messed up in there own way.